roof rack - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Focus

MK1 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the first generation 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-05-2010, 09:50 PM   #1
TheStig728
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 69997
What I Drive: 2000 Sangria Red SE Wagon

FF Reputation: 1 TheStig728 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Question roof rack

ok this may sound stupid, and ill be the first to admit, im a n00b when it comes to cars. anyway...i want to remove the roof rack off my focus. i like their look without them. just wonderin how to go about doin this. thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2010, 12:28 AM   #2
warlordzx3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 55744
What I Drive: 2000, Red, ZX3

FF Reputation: 2 warlordzx3 Good Standing Member
just starting taking all the bolts/screws out. under the weather stripping in your doors should be some screw/bolt things going into your car those are what holds the rack down. At least that's for my ZX3 rack from the special edition zx3. ( I forget the name of that edition with the custom rack)
Old 04-06-2010, 12:39 AM   #3
norcalfocus01
Registered

Fan#: 55603
What I Drive: White N Gold 2001 Sedan

FF Reputation: 132 norcalfocus01 Excellent Standing Membernorcalfocus01 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
^^He has a wagon not a ZX3 its a little differant. Your talking abuot the Street Edition, thats what my wagon is. It has the black moldings on the bottom like yours does.

The roof rack is held on by all the torx (star looking hole) screws. Theres about 6 down each side. Just take them out then lift the rack off the car. There is strip of rubber under the rack so make sure that comes with the rack. Then put all the screws back into the holes on the roof, just to make sure water doesnt leak into the car.

If you need to make it easier to store the rack once its off, the cross bars will slide off the front of the rack. There is a stop inplace that you unscrew.

Your right the wagon looks a million times better without the rack on it. BTW Kenosha is a pretty place. That is Kenosha WI right?
Old 04-06-2010, 08:28 AM   #4
TheStig728
Focus Enthusiast

notcalfocus01 thanks a lot!! and yeah thats kenosha wi. its ok, just boring at times haha
Old 04-06-2010, 09:25 AM   #5
zx360
Sticker Whore

Fan#: 32439
What I Drive: 2005 black zx3 ses

FF Reputation: 44 zx360 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (33)
if your in kenosha, check out the focus nation section, there are a lot of us around that area that do g2gs we can take that rack off at one.

hellow from neenah/ oshkosh area :)

instagram @360DSGNS
Old 04-06-2010, 10:55 AM   #6
TheStig728
Focus Enthusiast

sweet deal!

Bookmarks & Social Networks