07 to 05 seat swap,,, - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-05-2012, 08:42 AM   #1
jacjm
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104257
What I Drive: 2005 focus, arizona beige, zx4 se

FF Reputation: 1 jacjm Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
07 to 05 seat swap,,,

i have read every article on here pertaining to seats. from what i have read, i assume if i put 07 seats in an 05, i WILL have to change the airbag module, also ?? can anyone confirm this ?? both cars are zx4. i am left wondering how hard would it be to change JUST THE COVERS ?? has anyone done this ?? i am tired of dealing with dash lights and computers/electronics, and don't want to open up a can of worms (again) !! thanks in advance, and---
I LOVE THIS SITE !! Jacob 2005 zx4 se

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2012, 08:48 AM   #2
GreySkorpion
saved from the grave

Fan#: 94674
What I Drive: 2004 LG ZX5 2.3D

Points 6,225, Level 51
Points: 6,225, Level: 51 Points: 6,225, Level: 51 Points: 6,225, Level: 51
Level Up 38% Completed
Level up: 38% Level up: 38% Level up: 38%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 11 GreySkorpion Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I cant confirm what you want to do, but if you want better seats, with more bolstering and side support, seats from a zx3 or zx5 will be a HUGE improvement over sedan seats. Sedans have a "flat" seat base
Old 10-05-2012, 09:04 AM   #3
Focusblackzx5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95212
What I Drive: 2012 Mitsubishi Lancer

Points 1,323, Level 20
Points: 1,323, Level: 20 Points: 1,323, Level: 20 Points: 1,323, Level: 20
Level Up 23% Completed
Level up: 23% Level up: 23% Level up: 23%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 Focusblackzx5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I did a seat swap few months ago. 02 svt seats in my 05 zx5. Had to swap the wire plugs and seat belt plug. AND ! to take off the leather trim and the cushion from the svt passenger seat to put the weight detector.

It was a pain in the a$$ but for yours. 05-07 seats are the same, your already have the weigth detector in your passenger seat. So, you only need to unplug the wires, take off the bolts and do the swap. When everything done, look at you airbag ligths. If nothing twinkle in your dash, well you got it !
Old 10-05-2012, 05:57 PM   #4
jacjm
Focus Rookie

i kinda thought that way, too (focusblackzx5), i was mainly concerned with should i go ahead and get the matching airbag module,,,
for f250lightnin,,, i would LOVE to have more comfortable seats,,,however i have not found any yet, and the existing ones (got the car 2 weeks ago) are stained and burnt beyond belief. the ones i found match the interior, and look brand new. plus he only wants $50 (fronts and backs) so, in order to keep the little lady happy, these will have to do for now. she DOESN'T like the cheap seat covers (neither do i) AND, it IS her daily driver.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:47 PM   #5
jacjm
Focus Rookie

UPDATE: did the swap,,,, eezy-peezy!! i only had to change the plug connectors cuz the old seats didn't have the side airbags. i just left that connecter hanging, and the airbag light IS NOT ON !! (YIPPEE-YAHOO!!) just hope i never really need a side airbag. on a different note, i also swapped the headunit, and the antenna jacks are different, so now i am looking for an adapter.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.