Traction Control?? - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-06-2010, 04:52 PM   #11
Hugoriba
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 73383
What I Drive: 2002 Blue Ford Focus TDci SportVan

FF Reputation: 1 Hugoriba Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
In my car does not exist any buton to cut off the Traction Control.
And lately (last Winter) it seems it doesn't work at all... I almost got stuck in the snow were I live. Ok it doesn't makes miracles but it helps a lot!!!

No error light apears in the pannel and the ABS is working normaly.
Does anyone can help me...? The sensors of the ABS and the ASR are the same, right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2010, 06:28 PM   #12
ZX4STDoug
I don't care

Fan#: 19367
What I Drive: 2014 Mustang V6 6 speed

FF Reputation: 13 ZX4STDoug Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by predator44 View Post
Thanks all. i will try and press the button to turn it off. Like i said though even when it is off and i want a quick launch, as soon as the tires start to break free it kicks on and bogs down. I dont drive the car in snow and hardly in rain so i dont really need the system and i just really wanna see what kinda wheel spin is possible.
Remember, even with the switch "off", below 25 mph the system will still engage, but only using the brakes to slow the wheel spin down. As someone else said, about the only way to truly defeat it is to pull the abs/tc fuse, which I also wouldn't personally recommend.

I had an '05 ST too..I know what you are dealing with and it did suck not being able to full dis-engage it.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:47 PM   #13
sailor
"Elder"

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZTS 2.3 5spd.

FF Reputation: 57 sailor Excellent Standing Member
Ya wanna play??? - Pull the fuse! You can always put it back....
You'll just have a car WITHOUT electronic "aids"....
Old 03-07-2010, 09:51 PM   #14
Birdman330
Focus Addict

Fan#: 43139
What I Drive: 08 Liquid Red Holden Commodore

FF Reputation: 2 Birdman330 Good Standing Member
And that will get your into trouble with your insurance company if they find out you did that. I have an 05 ST and the little button does wonders in turning off the TCS. Though some keep saying that it will override the manual shut off button which I've never experienced. I have to take the TCS off in the winter to climb my grandparents driveway otherwise the TCS will actually kill the car. Talk about finding that out the hard way.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:53 PM   #15
jetrinka
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 45622
What I Drive: 88 5-speed XR4TI

FF Reputation: 180 jetrinka Excellent Standing Memberjetrinka Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Same thing here in the snow. Gotta turn it off or it bogs the motor so much it will kill it. Its fine on flat snowy surfaces to try and get going.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:15 PM   #16
BlinkSterZX3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 14493
What I Drive: 2003 SVT, BRIGHT ASS YELLOW, 6 spee

FF Reputation: 1 BlinkSterZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I have a 03 SVT EAP, when i auto cross, or drag race at the track i pull the fuse, so i can have better starts and not bog down, lol, yeah it suck with know ABS, just be prepared i had a couple close call when i drove around town with it off, and was pushing it to far, the rear end kicked out and i came screaming to a stop in the middle of a onramp on the apex of the corner, dam loose gravel slipped me sideways, my passenger was about to drop his trousers, good times though

EUGENE CREW 1#
Old 11-21-2012, 02:19 PM   #17
forddiesel1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106506
What I Drive: 2005 Silver ZX4 ST

FF Reputation: 1 forddiesel1 Good Standing Member
Quick question?

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but my car is something of an anomaly and it's starting to frustrate me. I have a 2005 ST. Apparently traction control was standard that year for the STs and became optional for 06-07. Regardless, my car has it and I hate it. To make matters worse my car does not have a defeat switch in the console. Of all the ST's I've seen my car is the only one I've seen that doesn't have the defeat switch. I live in MN and winter is coming. I know that there are times I need to be able to spin the tires a bit to get started in the snow. Any suggestions on how to turn off the traction control permanently? Are there any wires to cut that would kill the traction control system without hurting the ABS? I'd hate to lose ABS, but this traction control thing will be totally useless when the snow flies. Thanks in advance!

Bookmarks & Social Networks