Nightly Boredom thread for the Night Stalking TX Crowd - Page 1513 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace



Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > Southern Fanatics > Fanatics: Texas

Fanatics: Texas Regional discussion Forum for planning events and sharing information with all Members in the Texas (Lonestar) areas.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2012, 02:21 PM   #15121
YellerZX3
Focus Addict
 
YellerZX3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Fan#: 23043
Location: On the Prairie that is Grand, TX, United States
What I Drive: 2013 Hatch, 12 Fusion SE, 95 Ranger

Posts: 668
FF Reputation: 6 YellerZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
So we know not what to do in Houston.
http://blog.chron.com/newswatch/2012...trian-in-jail/
__________________
Garry - Fishflinger (on other forums)
Not So Low, Slow and Ingot Silver
YellerZX3 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-28-2012, 03:16 PM   #15122
SvviftSVT
Release the Kraken!!
 
SvviftSVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Fan#: 58277
Location: Houston, TX
What I Drive: Green-Eyed 2004 Black SVT #0461

Posts: 13,775
FF Reputation: 9 SvviftSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Lol. That's awesome and unfortunate
__________________
TeamFOCALIZE!// HATCH NATION #45// October '12 ROTM

Track build will commence by Christmas (hopefully)
SvviftSVT is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:28 PM   #15123
Chris_HT
Focus Addict
 
Chris_HT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 86229
Location: Houston, TX
What I Drive: Blue SVT 2002

Posts: 1,358
FF Reputation: 4 Chris_HT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
OK, so I had a day off, it's been productive, and spent most of it driving my blue b!tch, I say - f.. yeah ! :D

After dropping my friend off at the airport in the morning, I went to salvage yard to "see that what I need isn't there", but to my surprise they actually had the nut for the driver side motor mount, and also by accident I found a bolt for air filter box cover that was missing since meeting at Ray's place.

Happy with my find I went on to grab a Craftsman 'bolt out' set at Sears, and PB Blaster at Walmart.



I went to Synott Auto Salvage, they have one Focus ZX5 '06 without engine and wheels, but rest of the body, and especially interior is complete, with all plastics in good condition. So if anyone is looking to change faded and dull door handles or other plastics for nice black and new looking, go there, also passenger side airbag didn't go off, if anyone needs that.
Oh, and a front bumper is not crashed, just stuffed inside the car together with fuel tank, I have no idea why this car ended up in salvage yard.



I also noticed some not bad looking wheels there, one set is still is on Mazda Protege with damage to the front, with tires still on



...and the other set that I think is even nicer are just loose wheels alone.

__________________
Blue SVT 2002

Our Lady of blessed acceleration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black&Tan View Post
But.... why read facts and investigate a claim when it supports your ideology?
...that should be written as 'The First Law of Internet Forums'
Chris_HT is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:38 PM   #15124
Blue5ive
R.I.P Kona
 
Blue5ive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Fan#: 83941
Location: The 5th Dimension, United States
What I Drive: 2003 TW Blue ZX5

Posts: 9,629
FF Reputation: 8 Blue5ive Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Hmmm, B-pillars look clean. My drivers side one is kinda messed up a little. Interior is different on 05-07 model compared to the 00-04 model :(
__________________
Team Focalize
Hatch Nation #9
"2 by 2 Hands of Blue."
Blue5ive is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:40 PM   #15125
Blue5ive
R.I.P Kona
 
Blue5ive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Fan#: 83941
Location: The 5th Dimension, United States
What I Drive: 2003 TW Blue ZX5

Posts: 9,629
FF Reputation: 8 Blue5ive Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Went to Thomas' funeral today. Good turnout.......nice service. Ray, Matt and Zab were there also. RIP Thomas.
__________________
Team Focalize
Hatch Nation #9
"2 by 2 Hands of Blue."
Blue5ive is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:51 PM   #15126
AvieF
HN Sammich Maker
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Fan#: 83452
Location: Omaha, NE transplanted from Midland, TX
What I Drive: '05 RED ZX5 SES/'06 Black Jetta GLI

Posts: 14,399
FF Reputation: 12 AvieF Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_HT View Post
OK, so I had a day off, it's been productive, and spent most of it driving my blue b!tch, I say - f.. yeah ! :D

After dropping my friend off at the airport in the morning, I went to salvage yard to "see that what I need isn't there", but to my surprise they actually had the nut for the driver side motor mount, and also by accident I found a bolt for air filter box cover that was missing since meeting at Ray's place.

Happy with my find I went on to grab a Craftsman 'bolt out' set at Sears, and PB Blaster at Walmart.



I went to Synott Auto Salvage, they have one Focus ZX5 '06 without engine and wheels, but rest of the body, and especially interior is complete, with all plastics in good condition. So if anyone is looking to change faded and dull door handles or other plastics for nice black and new looking, go there, also passenger side airbag didn't go off, if anyone needs that.
Oh, and a front bumper is not crashed, just stuffed inside the car together with fuel tank, I have no idea why this car ended up in salvage yard.



I also noticed some not bad looking wheels there, one set is still is on Mazda Protege with damage to the front, with tires still on



...and the other set that I think is even nicer are just loose wheels alone.
to bad I just picked up most of what I needed at the salvage yard the other day :P glad you found what ya needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue5ive View Post
Went to Thomas' funeral today. Good turnout.......nice service. Ray, Matt and Zab were there also. RIP Thomas.
so sad to lose such a young life so soon
AvieF is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:43 PM   #15127
Tom-E09
Pimp'n ain't easy
 
Tom-E09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Fan#: 59383
Location: Abilene, TX
What I Drive: 2002 Gray ZTS

Posts: 10,970
FF Reputation: 2 Tom-E09 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Buddy of mine decided I wasn't low enough. So he just bought me drop springs
__________________
Sedan Revolution #138SR Town Drunk
Team Dreamspeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazimusZX4ST View Post
I come speeding along and they think I'm all "lets run" when in reality its "MOVE YOU POS, IT'S BURRITO TIME!"
God I love burritos.
Tom-E09 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:05 PM   #15128
AvieF
HN Sammich Maker
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Fan#: 83452
Location: Omaha, NE transplanted from Midland, TX
What I Drive: '05 RED ZX5 SES/'06 Black Jetta GLI

Posts: 14,399
FF Reputation: 12 AvieF Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom-E09 View Post
Buddy of mine decided I wasn't low enough. So he just bought me drop springs
that is no damn fair
AvieF is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:31 AM   #15129
Tom-E09
Pimp'n ain't easy
 
Tom-E09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Fan#: 59383
Location: Abilene, TX
What I Drive: 2002 Gray ZTS

Posts: 10,970
FF Reputation: 2 Tom-E09 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
lol im completely shocked. i told him i would pay him back. he just told me not to worry, this was for me putting alot of hours into helping him build his drift cars. so i am now expecting springs on monday.. and then that weekend its gonna be a 30 and new suspension
__________________
Sedan Revolution #138SR Town Drunk
Team Dreamspeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazimusZX4ST View Post
I come speeding along and they think I'm all "lets run" when in reality its "MOVE YOU POS, IT'S BURRITO TIME!"
God I love burritos.
Tom-E09 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:39 AM   #15130
Chris_HT
Focus Addict
 
Chris_HT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 86229
Location: Houston, TX
What I Drive: Blue SVT 2002

Posts: 1,358
FF Reputation: 4 Chris_HT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom-E09 View Post
Buddy of mine decided I wasn't low enough. So he just bought me drop springs

...just as I was feeling bad about you not being able to get that can of dip
__________________
Blue SVT 2002

Our Lady of blessed acceleration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black&Tan View Post
But.... why read facts and investigate a claim when it supports your ideology?
...that should be written as 'The First Law of Internet Forums'
Chris_HT is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:28 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.