Nightly Boredom thread for the Night Stalking TX Crowd - Page 1474 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > Southern Fanatics > Fanatics: Texas

Fanatics: Texas Regional discussion Forum for planning events and sharing information with all Members in the Texas (Lonestar) areas.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-10-2012, 02:43 AM   #14731
Chris_HT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86229
What I Drive: Blue SVT 2002

FF Reputation: 4 Chris_HT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyboy View Post
You had my heart skip a beat when reading half way through that..
I was hoping it would... ;) that's why made post so long that you wouldn't see those smiles at the bottom :D

still wondering why the wheel didn't just fly off :)

Our Lady of blessed acceleration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black&Tan View Post
But.... why read facts and investigate a claim when it supports your ideology?
...that should be written as 'The First Law of Internet Forums'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2012, 02:47 AM   #14732
sleepyboy
FF's Night Security

Fan#: 15335
What I Drive: 01' Yellow ZX3 euro, 04' ZX5 SVT

FF Reputation: 46 sleepyboy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_HT View Post
I was hoping it would... ;) that's why made post so long that you wouldn't see those smiles at the bottom :D

still wondering why the wheel didn't just fly off :)

Luck

Hatch Nation #15 (Ole' Yeller') & #150 (The SVT)
Moderator for
Technical Chat
Zetec Performance Chat
Southern Fanatics Chat
Old 06-10-2012, 02:54 AM   #14733
Chris_HT
Focus Addict

need to stop worry about all problems for a while - i need to start enjoying my car, so I guess I'll be going to next autox, to give my shocks n struts a nice 'goodbye' before changing. And I don't care 2nd gear synchro is fracked, it will just make my start slower, I don't have cash to fix it anyway, and I want to participate for fun not for competition.

Quote:
Old 06-10-2012, 03:07 AM   #14734
bigwhite
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98881
What I Drive: 2003 Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 bigwhite Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Really want to take my focus to a track and have some fun. Anyone know of a track open to the public or any track events? Im in Waco so i know ill have to travel some.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:21 AM   #14735
sleepyboy
FF's Night Security

Fan#: 15335
What I Drive: 01' Yellow ZX3 euro, 04' ZX5 SVT

FF Reputation: 46 sleepyboy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
depends on what kind of track are you talking about.

Hatch Nation #15 (Ole' Yeller') & #150 (The SVT)
Moderator for
Technical Chat
Zetec Performance Chat
Southern Fanatics Chat
Old 06-10-2012, 07:23 AM   #14736
SvviftSVT
Release the Kraken!!

Fan#: 58277
What I Drive: Green-Eyed 2004 Black SVT #0461

FF Reputation: 10 SvviftSVT Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Same here.
And I've done that... Both of those. Even got up to highway speeds and felt my steering wheel shaking horribly.
So now, whenever I do anything with the wheels, I tighten everything up... And then beurre I leave for the first time, tighten them up again.
TeamFOCALIZE!// HATCH NATION #45// October '12 ROTM

Track build will commence by Christmas (hopefully)
Old 06-10-2012, 10:25 AM   #14737
joesperformance
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92411
What I Drive: 01 Focus SE Sedan, Zetec

FF Reputation: 2 joesperformance Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
fuuuuuk.........

I decided that I don't want to drag you guys here again to spend long hours trying to retime my blue bitch and hoping for the best of luck, after all Paul deserves some time with his family and his own car :) So I went asking smart people (Tom) about that tensioner, and was told that if it travels a little but is not jerking around like crazy then it should be fine, especially if I already put 350 miles on it and it didn't get worse but actually a little better, and CEL never came up.

So what I did that day was:

Take off right wheel, mount and covers to turn engine by ckrankshaft a few times and see how tensioner moves, and it moved a little up and stayed there, behave good, and Tom said if it does behave good while turning by hand, just leave it as it is.

So I did, I put back all covers, replaced right mount, put the wheel back on, then went to the other side to change transmission mount but was held back by stripped nut.

By that time it was already late and I had to go to work, decided to continue next day, so i got ready to work, started up my car and already felt that changing even one motor mount reduced vibrations, so all happy set on to my short trip to work... and then I almost cried.... car had no power, CEL came up, every time I would let go of accelerator car would abruptly jerk and slow down rapidly.. yes I felt that before :(

I spent all evening at work thinking where is the fun in owning SVT, after spending all day on my blue bitch to make her happy, she is just biting back. And how is it possible that just turning engine by hand would frak the timing ?!?!?!?!?!

So I decided to get ZX3 for now to have reliable car, and later just tubo it when I want to have some fun, and the idea of getting Mitsubishi Lancer was also lurking there, very tempting.

Late at night came back home doing 30mph, swearing all the way, parked car in driveway, and decided to have a look under the hood once again before going to sleep, turned on the flashlight, looked around.... and yelled "Fuuuk" so loud all the dogs in the neighborhood started to make noise too :P

there it was.... after removing air filter box to get to engine mounts.... I forgot to plug MAF back in !!!! I almost cried again, this time feeling so happy it wasn't cam timing :D

but it made me think... "what else did I forget" after a few minutes, yep, I found another thing... I drove around with wheel lugs that I just got hand-tight while still on jack-stand, and forgot to tighten em up after i dropped the car.

ya.... i'm a noob, and lucky one i may say, aaand i still love my blue bitch :)
good thing it was just something minor on the running problem, ive done that before....

glad the wheel didnt fly off, ive had it happen to me twice, now i wont go to walmart anymore for tire rotation....

Sedan Revolution #232
Old 06-10-2012, 03:15 PM   #14738
AvieF
HN Sammich Maker

Fan#: 83452
What I Drive: '05 RED ZX5 SES/'06 Black Jetta GLI

FF Reputation: 12 AvieF Great Standing Member
Quote:
fuuuuuk.........

I decided that I don't want to drag you guys here again to spend long hours trying to retime my blue bitch and hoping for the best of luck, after all Paul deserves some time with his family and his own car :) So I went asking smart people (Tom) about that tensioner, and was told that if it travels a little but is not jerking around like crazy then it should be fine, especially if I already put 350 miles on it and it didn't get worse but actually a little better, and CEL never came up.

So what I did that day was:

Take off right wheel, mount and covers to turn engine by ckrankshaft a few times and see how tensioner moves, and it moved a little up and stayed there, behave good, and Tom said if it does behave good while turning by hand, just leave it as it is.

So I did, I put back all covers, replaced right mount, put the wheel back on, then went to the other side to change transmission mount but was held back by stripped nut.

By that time it was already late and I had to go to work, decided to continue next day, so i got ready to work, started up my car and already felt that changing even one motor mount reduced vibrations, so all happy set on to my short trip to work... and then I almost cried.... car had no power, CEL came up, every time I would let go of accelerator car would abruptly jerk and slow down rapidly.. yes I felt that before :(

I spent all evening at work thinking where is the fun in owning SVT, after spending all day on my blue bitch to make her happy, she is just biting back. And how is it possible that just turning engine by hand would frak the timing ?!?!?!?!?!

So I decided to get ZX3 for now to have reliable car, and later just tubo it when I want to have some fun, and the idea of getting Mitsubishi Lancer was also lurking there, very tempting.

Late at night came back home doing 30mph, swearing all the way, parked car in driveway, and decided to have a look under the hood once again before going to sleep, turned on the flashlight, looked around.... and yelled "Fuuuk" so loud all the dogs in the neighborhood started to make noise too :P

there it was.... after removing air filter box to get to engine mounts.... I forgot to plug MAF back in !!!! I almost cried again, this time feeling so happy it wasn't cam timing :D

but it made me think... "what else did I forget" after a few minutes, yep, I found another thing... I drove around with wheel lugs that I just got hand-tight while still on jack-stand, and forgot to tighten em up after i dropped the car.

ya.... i'm a noob, and lucky one i may say, aaand i still love my blue bitch :)
maybe you should give her another name instead of b!tch lol I'd be mad if someone called me that 24/7

Quote:
same here I was like whaaaaaa.... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvviftSVT View Post
Same here.
And I've done that... Both of those. Even got up to highway speeds and felt my steering wheel shaking horribly.
So now, whenever I do anything with the wheels, I tighten everything up... And then beurre I leave for the first time, tighten them up again.
really you do the wheel lugs every time? hmmm
Old 06-10-2012, 04:20 PM   #14739
Chris_HT
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvieF View Post
maybe you should give her another name instead of b!tch lol I'd be mad if someone called me that 24/7
I don't think you would really mind be called like that if at same time you would receive all the attention and care that I give to my b!tch

Quote:
Old 06-10-2012, 04:38 PM   #14740
AvieF
HN Sammich Maker

Fan#: 83452
What I Drive: '05 RED ZX5 SES/'06 Black Jetta GLI

FF Reputation: 12 AvieF Great Standing Member
Quote:
I don't think you would really mind be called like that if at same time you would receive all the attention and care that I give to my b!tch
lol funny, but I dislike that derogatory term.

Bookmarks & Social Networks