Nightly Boredom thread for the Night Stalking TX Crowd - Page 1381 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > Southern Fanatics > Fanatics: Texas

Fanatics: Texas Regional discussion Forum for planning events and sharing information with all Members in the Texas (Lonestar) areas.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2012, 06:41 PM   #13801
Blue5ive
R.I.P Kona
 
Blue5ive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Fan#: 83941
Location: The 5th Dimension, United States
What I Drive: 2003 TW Blue ZX5

Posts: 10,500
FF Reputation: 9 Blue5ive Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_HT View Post
License plates in TX 'optional' ? http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/36/3656.asp really????
No. You are squired to have both plates and they are suppose to be mounted to the bumpers. Not in the windshield or wherever. Alot of cops overlook the front plate being mounted to the bumper if it is still visible from the front(old law). So if you have your front plate in your windshield a cop can give you a ticket for it cuz it is illegal.
__________________
Team Focalize
Hatch Nation #9
"2 by 2 Hands of Blue."
Blue5ive is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-25-2012, 06:46 PM   #13802
Blue5ive
R.I.P Kona
 
Blue5ive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Fan#: 83941
Location: The 5th Dimension, United States
What I Drive: 2003 TW Blue ZX5

Posts: 10,500
FF Reputation: 9 Blue5ive Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvieF View Post
I was reading online about it awhile ago how they were ticketing people and letting the courts sort it out lol.
The courts are fining people btw. Know 2 people who got nailed for it and when they called to find out how much it would be one was told the judge would decide in that court and another was told $$$ cuz the judge and police dept were using the old fine amount. So 99% chance if you get a ticket for it you wont get out of it.
__________________
Team Focalize
Hatch Nation #9
"2 by 2 Hands of Blue."
Blue5ive is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:28 PM   #13803
VonKrause
Unicorn Owner
 
VonKrause's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Fan#: 72283
Location: Houston, TX
What I Drive: 2009 Ice Blue 5 speed 4 door FoFo

Posts: 2,757
FF Reputation: 7 VonKrause Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I have my situation solved. Don't do anything stupid to get pulled over in the first place, and if I do get pulled over I just say "there is no bracket on my car for a front plate." Cause unless the cop that pulls you over looked at the front of a car then the back as you passed he won't even know it's gone, since there aren't too many states with back AND front plates it's not something they normally look for. And in the event I do get pulled over, I do have my plate under the seat for him if he asks.

And I am pretty sure this law falls into the "moving" violation field, so you can't get a ticket while sitting in a parking lot. So in order for you to get a ticket for this you almost ALWAYS have to be doing something illegal for the cop to even notice. Like speeding, driving recklessly, running lights, etc.

Example, my old boss has an SRT 4 Neon that hasn't had a front plate since she bought it brand new like 6 years ago. She has received 1 ticket for it during a stop due to middle brake light being white. (CF trunk lid for some reason had no red tint on it.) She showed up for court, plate was zip tied to the grille and the rear light had red sharpy on it. Ticket dismissed. So she has NEVER been pulled over specifically for not having the plate, it has to be a very bored cop or the cop is looking for that specifically.

I don't encourage law breaking but this is one of those "GUH?" Laws that confuses me. That and the car looks better without it on there anyway.

I did have a cop tell me that they WILL pull someone over for having a plate in the front window (it's like cop bait apparently), and will give a ticket about it but it's because in a hard collision that plate brakes free and now is a sharp fast moving projectile that is level with your head and neck.
__________________
Get your trunk or hatch LED conversion kits here http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4542652#post4542652
"2nd Gen problems"
I've spent too long looking into the abyss. It's starting to look back.
SR #233
VonKrause is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:55 PM   #13804
FocusFreak09
Flat Black King
 
FocusFreak09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Fan#: 51243
Location: Pasadena, TX
What I Drive: 2001 Chevy Silverado

Posts: 8,203
FF Reputation: 30 FocusFreak09 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Well I feel good now, won't have to sell my headlights. I figured out why the headlight wasn't working and it was the grounds. Had them mixed up. Now if I can figure out a cover for the back then these might be on my car tomorrow
Posted via FF Mobile
FocusFreak09 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:37 PM   #13805
SvviftSVT
Release the Kraken!!
 
SvviftSVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Fan#: 58277
Location: Houston, TX
What I Drive: Green-Eyed 2004 Black SVT #0461

Posts: 15,443
FF Reputation: 10 SvviftSVT Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusFreak09 View Post
Well I feel good now, won't have to sell my headlights. I figured out why the headlight wasn't working and it was the grounds. Had them mixed up. Now if I can figure out a cover for the back then these might be on my car tomorrow
Posted via FF Mobile
Seran wrap? Lol
__________________
TeamFOCALIZE!// HATCH NATION #45// October '12 ROTM

Track build will commence by Christmas (hopefully)
SvviftSVT is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:38 PM   #13806
FocusFreak09
Flat Black King
 
FocusFreak09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Fan#: 51243
Location: Pasadena, TX
What I Drive: 2001 Chevy Silverado

Posts: 8,203
FF Reputation: 30 FocusFreak09 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
I was thinking that or foil or even a zip lock bag.
Posted via FF Mobile
FocusFreak09 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:39 PM   #13807
AvieF
HN Sammich Maker
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Fan#: 83452
Location: Omaha, NE transplanted from Midland, TX
What I Drive: '05 RED ZX5 SES/'06 Black Jetta GLI

Posts: 14,399
FF Reputation: 12 AvieF Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SvviftSVT View Post
Seran wrap? Lol
Lolz ..... Bubble wrap ftw!!!
AvieF is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:41 PM   #13808
SvviftSVT
Release the Kraken!!
 
SvviftSVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Fan#: 58277
Location: Houston, TX
What I Drive: Green-Eyed 2004 Black SVT #0461

Posts: 15,443
FF Reputation: 10 SvviftSVT Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
I really need to replace my tensioner. How long once it starts to whine before it goes out? Should I be good thru the weekend?
Tommie vaughn people, any in stock by chance?
__________________
TeamFOCALIZE!// HATCH NATION #45// October '12 ROTM

Track build will commence by Christmas (hopefully)
SvviftSVT is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:02 PM   #13809
Blue5ive
R.I.P Kona
 
Blue5ive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Fan#: 83941
Location: The 5th Dimension, United States
What I Drive: 2003 TW Blue ZX5

Posts: 10,500
FF Reputation: 9 Blue5ive Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonKrause View Post
I have my situation solved. Don't do anything stupid to get pulled over in the first place, and if I do get pulled over I just say "there is no bracket on my car for a front plate." Cause unless the cop that pulls you over looked at the front of a car then the back as you passed he won't even know it's gone, since there aren't too many states with back AND front plates it's not something they normally look for. And in the event I do get pulled over, I do have my plate under the seat for him if he asks.

And I am pretty sure this law falls into the "moving" violation field, so you can't get a ticket while sitting in a parking lot. So in order for you to get a ticket for this you almost ALWAYS have to be doing something illegal for the cop to even notice. Like speeding, driving recklessly, running lights, etc.

Example, my old boss has an SRT 4 Neon that hasn't had a front plate since she bought it brand new like 6 years ago. She has received 1 ticket for it during a stop due to middle brake light being white. (CF trunk lid for some reason had no red tint on it.) She showed up for court, plate was zip tied to the grille and the rear light had red sharpy on it. Ticket dismissed. So she has NEVER been pulled over specifically for not having the plate, it has to be a very bored cop or the cop is looking for that specifically.

I don't encourage law breaking but this is one of those "GUH?" Laws that confuses me. That and the car looks better without it on there anyway.

I did have a cop tell me that they WILL pull someone over for having a plate in the front window (it's like cop bait apparently), and will give a ticket about it but it's because in a hard collision that plate brakes free and now is a sharp fast moving projectile that is level with your head and neck.
Nothing confusing about the law. You are suppose to have a license plate attached to your front and rear bumpers regardless of brackets. Not in the cabin attached to the glass. Is definitely a safety issue in an accident. And yes most cops over look it and usually only give the ticket cuz you got pulled over for something else. Most will give a warning if they even look for it. And no it is not a moving violation. It galls into the same category as your tag and inspection sticker.
__________________
Team Focalize
Hatch Nation #9
"2 by 2 Hands of Blue."
Blue5ive is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:41 PM   #13810
VonKrause
Unicorn Owner
 
VonKrause's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Fan#: 72283
Location: Houston, TX
What I Drive: 2009 Ice Blue 5 speed 4 door FoFo

Posts: 2,757
FF Reputation: 7 VonKrause Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue5ive View Post
And no it is not a moving violation. It galls into the same category as your tag and inspection sticker.
Doesn't it need to be "cop sees a vehicle Driving with expired tags" in order to ticket said vehicle? I have seen cops walk right past cars at my old job where cars were consistently expired and they even saw it and kept walking. I think they only give a ticket if the owner is in the car, could be wrong (not the first time) I just have never seen or heard of it happening before.
__________________
Get your trunk or hatch LED conversion kits here http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4542652#post4542652
"2nd Gen problems"
I've spent too long looking into the abyss. It's starting to look back.
SR #233
VonKrause is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.