Nightly Boredom thread for the Night Stalking TX Crowd - Page 1381 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > Southern Fanatics > Fanatics: Texas

Fanatics: Texas Regional discussion Forum for planning events and sharing information with all Members in the Texas (Lonestar) areas.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-25-2012, 06:41 PM   #13801
Blue5ive
R.I.P Kona

Fan#: 83941
What I Drive: 2003 TW Blue ZX5

FF Reputation: 9 Blue5ive Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_HT View Post
License plates in TX 'optional' ? http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/36/3656.asp really????
No. You are squired to have both plates and they are suppose to be mounted to the bumpers. Not in the windshield or wherever. Alot of cops overlook the front plate being mounted to the bumper if it is still visible from the front(old law). So if you have your front plate in your windshield a cop can give you a ticket for it cuz it is illegal.
Hatch Nation #9
"2 by 2 Hands of Blue."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2012, 06:46 PM   #13802
Blue5ive
R.I.P Kona

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvieF View Post
I was reading online about it awhile ago how they were ticketing people and letting the courts sort it out lol.
The courts are fining people btw. Know 2 people who got nailed for it and when they called to find out how much it would be one was told the judge would decide in that court and another was told $$$ cuz the judge and police dept were using the old fine amount. So 99% chance if you get a ticket for it you wont get out of it.
Hatch Nation #9
"2 by 2 Hands of Blue."
Old 04-25-2012, 07:28 PM   #13803
VonKrause
Unicorn Owner

Fan#: 72283
What I Drive: 2009 Ice Blue 5 speed 4 door FoFo

FF Reputation: 7 VonKrause Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I have my situation solved. Don't do anything stupid to get pulled over in the first place, and if I do get pulled over I just say "there is no bracket on my car for a front plate." Cause unless the cop that pulls you over looked at the front of a car then the back as you passed he won't even know it's gone, since there aren't too many states with back AND front plates it's not something they normally look for. And in the event I do get pulled over, I do have my plate under the seat for him if he asks.

And I am pretty sure this law falls into the "moving" violation field, so you can't get a ticket while sitting in a parking lot. So in order for you to get a ticket for this you almost ALWAYS have to be doing something illegal for the cop to even notice. Like speeding, driving recklessly, running lights, etc.

Example, my old boss has an SRT 4 Neon that hasn't had a front plate since she bought it brand new like 6 years ago. She has received 1 ticket for it during a stop due to middle brake light being white. (CF trunk lid for some reason had no red tint on it.) She showed up for court, plate was zip tied to the grille and the rear light had red sharpy on it. Ticket dismissed. So she has NEVER been pulled over specifically for not having the plate, it has to be a very bored cop or the cop is looking for that specifically.

I don't encourage law breaking but this is one of those "GUH?" Laws that confuses me. That and the car looks better without it on there anyway.

I did have a cop tell me that they WILL pull someone over for having a plate in the front window (it's like cop bait apparently), and will give a ticket about it but it's because in a hard collision that plate brakes free and now is a sharp fast moving projectile that is level with your head and neck.
SR #233
Old 04-25-2012, 07:55 PM   #13804
FocusFreak09
Flat Black King

Fan#: 51243
What I Drive: 2001 Chevy Silverado

FF Reputation: 30 FocusFreak09 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Well I feel good now, won't have to sell my headlights. I figured out why the headlight wasn't working and it was the grounds. Had them mixed up. Now if I can figure out a cover for the back then these might be on my car tomorrow
Posted via FF Mobile
Old 04-25-2012, 08:37 PM   #13805
SvviftSVT
Release the Kraken!!

Fan#: 58277
What I Drive: Green-Eyed 2004 Black SVT #0461

FF Reputation: 10 SvviftSVT Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusFreak09 View Post
Well I feel good now, won't have to sell my headlights. I figured out why the headlight wasn't working and it was the grounds. Had them mixed up. Now if I can figure out a cover for the back then these might be on my car tomorrow
Posted via FF Mobile
Seran wrap? Lol
TeamFOCALIZE!// HATCH NATION #45// October '12 ROTM

Track build will commence by Christmas (hopefully)
Old 04-25-2012, 08:38 PM   #13806
FocusFreak09
Flat Black King

Fan#: 51243
What I Drive: 2001 Chevy Silverado

FF Reputation: 30 FocusFreak09 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
I was thinking that or foil or even a zip lock bag.
Posted via FF Mobile
Old 04-25-2012, 08:39 PM   #13807
AvieF
HN Sammich Maker

Fan#: 83452
What I Drive: '05 RED ZX5 SES/'06 Black Jetta GLI

FF Reputation: 12 AvieF Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SvviftSVT View Post
Seran wrap? Lol
Lolz ..... Bubble wrap ftw!!!
Old 04-25-2012, 08:41 PM   #13808
SvviftSVT
Release the Kraken!!

Fan#: 58277
What I Drive: Green-Eyed 2004 Black SVT #0461

FF Reputation: 10 SvviftSVT Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
I really need to replace my tensioner. How long once it starts to whine before it goes out? Should I be good thru the weekend?
Tommie vaughn people, any in stock by chance?
TeamFOCALIZE!// HATCH NATION #45// October '12 ROTM

Track build will commence by Christmas (hopefully)
Old 04-25-2012, 09:02 PM   #13809
Blue5ive
R.I.P Kona

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonKrause View Post
I have my situation solved. Don't do anything stupid to get pulled over in the first place, and if I do get pulled over I just say "there is no bracket on my car for a front plate." Cause unless the cop that pulls you over looked at the front of a car then the back as you passed he won't even know it's gone, since there aren't too many states with back AND front plates it's not something they normally look for. And in the event I do get pulled over, I do have my plate under the seat for him if he asks.

And I am pretty sure this law falls into the "moving" violation field, so you can't get a ticket while sitting in a parking lot. So in order for you to get a ticket for this you almost ALWAYS have to be doing something illegal for the cop to even notice. Like speeding, driving recklessly, running lights, etc.

Example, my old boss has an SRT 4 Neon that hasn't had a front plate since she bought it brand new like 6 years ago. She has received 1 ticket for it during a stop due to middle brake light being white. (CF trunk lid for some reason had no red tint on it.) She showed up for court, plate was zip tied to the grille and the rear light had red sharpy on it. Ticket dismissed. So she has NEVER been pulled over specifically for not having the plate, it has to be a very bored cop or the cop is looking for that specifically.

I don't encourage law breaking but this is one of those "GUH?" Laws that confuses me. That and the car looks better without it on there anyway.

I did have a cop tell me that they WILL pull someone over for having a plate in the front window (it's like cop bait apparently), and will give a ticket about it but it's because in a hard collision that plate brakes free and now is a sharp fast moving projectile that is level with your head and neck.
Nothing confusing about the law. You are suppose to have a license plate attached to your front and rear bumpers regardless of brackets. Not in the cabin attached to the glass. Is definitely a safety issue in an accident. And yes most cops over look it and usually only give the ticket cuz you got pulled over for something else. Most will give a warning if they even look for it. And no it is not a moving violation. It galls into the same category as your tag and inspection sticker.
Hatch Nation #9
"2 by 2 Hands of Blue."
Old 04-25-2012, 11:41 PM   #13810
VonKrause
Unicorn Owner

Fan#: 72283
What I Drive: 2009 Ice Blue 5 speed 4 door FoFo

FF Reputation: 7 VonKrause Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue5ive View Post
And no it is not a moving violation. It galls into the same category as your tag and inspection sticker.
Doesn't it need to be "cop sees a vehicle Driving with expired tags" in order to ticket said vehicle? I have seen cops walk right past cars at my old job where cars were consistently expired and they even saw it and kept walking. I think they only give a ticket if the owner is in the car, could be wrong (not the first time) I just have never seen or heard of it happening before.
SR #233

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->