Header and O2 sensor help - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > DURATEC Performance (2003-2011)

DURATEC Performance (2003-2011) The place to chat about any Duratec 23, 23E, and 20 engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-26-2010, 04:35 PM   #1
Luigi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 72176
What I Drive: 2008 Blue Coupe

FF Reputation: 1 Luigi Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Header and O2 sensor help

Hey guys, just installed my OBX headers and FSwerks stealth exhaust. Sounds so bad ass. Anyways what I need some help on is my O2 sensors. After installing the headers on the 2.0 only one of my stock O2 sensors would reach the bungs in the new headers. The second is open. Firstly, should I get 1 or 2 wideband O2 sensors? If only one, what do I do about the open (2nd) O2 sensor? Do I get an O2 plug? I am getting the wideband because Im getting an AF gauge and a tune. Im no expert on electrical and I am looking for some self explanatory do it yourselfer's. Thanks for the help. rep will be added for the most helpful answers.

Also, how fast should I get this done? I can't get to it til next week should I be ok?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2010, 02:12 PM   #2
aTm Beaner
Focus Addict

Fan#: 21542
What I Drive: 2005 Ford Focus ST

FF Reputation: 5 aTm Beaner Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi View Post
Hey guys, just installed my OBX headers and FSwerks stealth exhaust. Sounds so bad ass. Anyways what I need some help on is my O2 sensors. After installing the headers on the 2.0 only one of my stock O2 sensors would reach the bungs in the new headers. The second is open. Firstly, should I get 1 or 2 wideband O2 sensors? If only one, what do I do about the open (2nd) O2 sensor? Do I get an O2 plug? I am getting the wideband because Im getting an AF gauge and a tune. Im no expert on electrical and I am looking for some self explanatory do it yourselfer's. Thanks for the help. rep will be added for the most helpful answers.

Also, how fast should I get this done? I can't get to it til next week should I be ok?
were you able to plug in the first o2 sensor? that's the most important one. you don't need two widebands. that just doesn't make sense. just get a tune that disables the second o2 sensor so you don't get a CEL. i would probably have a bung welded in the flex pipe if you want to add the wideband at a later date.
TEAM DURATEC #512 ST CREW #100
2005 Ford Focus ZX4 ST
Focus Sport Cool-Flo v.1, Focus Racing Cat-Back w/ Magnaflow HFC, F2 Header, Focus Sport Tune 93 Octane, Saleen Suspension Kit, Rota Slips 16x7
Old 04-27-2010, 02:20 PM   #3
warneej
BodyKits=PantiesDrop

Fan#: 20372
What I Drive: 04 ZX3 D23E-10SES Sedan-12 Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 200 warneej Excellent Standing Memberwarneej Excellent Standing Memberwarneej Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
There should only be one bung in the header? That's for your primary or first O2 sensor. The wideband would be welded in just after the header flange on the exhaust pipe.

173.4whp
gump
crew #6
Old 04-27-2010, 08:10 PM   #4
Luigi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 72176
What I Drive: 2008 Blue Coupe

FF Reputation: 1 Luigi Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Would this work:
Leave the stock O2 sensor in the primary port (OBX headers only 2 ports), plug the second one near the flex pipe, wideband O2 sensor into the exhaust pipe? (or should it be the flex pipe?)

Bookmarks & Social Networks