New SVT Owner - 2002 Sonic Blue - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-16-2004, 09:10 AM   #1
SVTMcGuire
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 11578
What I Drive: 2002 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 SVTMcGuire Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
New SVT Owner - 2002 Sonic Blue

Good morning. Just wanted to announce to everyone that I am now the proud owner of a 2002 SVT Focus. Sonic Blue with all options. 18k miles. Bought it from a SVT / Ford dealer with extended Extra Care 5 year / 100k mile warranty for $12k. I also requested the current ECU reflash. I must admit, part of my rationale was financial - I will be attending business school this fall and recently purchased a small first home. I was driving a 1999 Saab Viggen. I owed a small amount of money on it, but was looking to get out of the car loan. Dealer took my car, paid off the loan, and I drove away with the SVT Focus. Part of the allure was the similar color combination along with the fantastic handling. The SVT Focus may not be the Viggen in some eyes, but it is a heck of a lot closer than people might think. Amazing what a newer platform will do for a car. I do miss the acceleration in 3rd gear though . . . I look forward to driving / autocrossing the SVT Focus. Car reminds me of my old '92 16v GTI . . . Any thoughts / suggetions for a new owner would be welcome. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2004, 01:50 AM   #2
Mr Orange SVT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10430
What I Drive: 2003 Comp Orange SVT #906

Points 617, Level 12
Points: 617, Level: 12 Points: 617, Level: 12 Points: 617, Level: 12
Level Up 34% Completed
Level up: 34% Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Forum Activity 25%
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%
FF Reputation: 2 Mr Orange SVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Congrats on the new SVT. Just keep an eye on the threads, there are plenty of ideas being thrown around. Use the search funtion and you will find pleny of ideas. As usual it's all up to how big is your wallet. Also check the regional threads for any get togeathers in your area.

Bookmarks & Social Networks