New SVT Owner - 2002 Sonic Blue - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-16-2004, 09:24 AM   #1
SVTMcGuire
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 11578
What I Drive: 2002 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 SVTMcGuire Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
New SVT Owner - 2002 Sonic Blue

Good morning. Just wanted to announce to everyone that I am now the proud owner of a 2002 SVT Focus. Sonic Blue with all options. 18k miles. Bought it from a SVT / Ford dealer with extended Extra Care 5 year / 100k mile warranty for $12k. I also requested the current ECU reflash. I must admit, part of my rationale was financial - I will be attending business school this fall and recently purchased a small first home. I was driving a 1999 Saab Viggen. I owed a small amount of money on it, but was looking to get out of the car loan. Dealer took my car, paid off the loan, and I drove away with the SVT Focus. Part of the allure was the similar color combination along with the fantastic handling. The SVT Focus may not be the Viggen in some eyes, but it is a heck of a lot closer than people might think. Amazing what a newer platform will do for a car. I do miss the acceleration in 3rd gear though . . . I look forward to driving / autocrossing the SVT Focus. Car reminds me of my old '92 16v GTI . . . Any thoughts / suggetions for a new owner would be welcome. Thanks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2004, 12:43 PM   #2
SVT4ME

Fan#: 61
FF Reputation: 4 SVT4ME Good Standing Member
Welcome! I hope you enjoy your new Focus. I suspect however that the SPI crowd may not care much about you being a new SVT owner, this should have been posted either in SVT Performance (although it probably would have been moved out since it's not about performance) or better yet, General Chat. Anywho, congrats and enjoy.
Old 08-16-2004, 12:48 PM   #3
neojen
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1885
What I Drive: Accord

FF Reputation: 1 neojen Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
..you do know this is in SPI performance right? someone should ship it on out of here.. mods, you reading this? haha.. nice, Im trying to get me an SVT right now, but Im still not sure.. still looking into it.. sonic blue is a really nice color..
Old 08-16-2004, 12:57 PM   #4
Chick

Fan#: 151
What I Drive: '13 Taffeta White Civic Si Sedan

Points 184,793, Level 100
Points: 184,793, Level: 100 Points: 184,793, Level: 100 Points: 184,793, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 133 Chick Excellent Standing Member Chick Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (37)
Wow, SVT in SPI. Sorry, I can't move it cause I'm just a rookie..........
Old 08-16-2004, 11:09 PM   #5
silver02svtf
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 441
What I Drive: 2002 ford focus svt

FF Reputation: 1 silver02svtf Good Standing Member
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum. I own an '02 fully loaded svt and love it. It is an excellent car for autocrossing since handling is its specialty. And if you want some more pull there's some aftermarket support for the svt from intakes and exhausts to s/c's and turbo's....then again you did by a house ;).

#1885 out of 4788
Old 08-17-2004, 09:54 AM   #6
BrandonMShanks
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 9957
What I Drive: 2003 CD Silver ZX5 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 BrandonMShanks Good Standing Member
hey silver02svtf if that a pic of your svt? if so, you said it was fully loaded, so why did u replace ur HIDs with projecters?
Old 08-17-2004, 02:05 PM   #7
silver02svtf
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 441
What I Drive: 2002 ford focus svt

FF Reputation: 1 silver02svtf Good Standing Member
Very perceptive BrandonMShanks. Fully loaded for '02, there was no HID option that year.

#1885 out of 4788

Last edited by silver02svtf; 08-17-2004 at 02:13 PM.
Old 08-17-2004, 02:32 PM   #8
CKA
*~*

Fan#: 2313
What I Drive: '02 ZTS/'99 Explorer/'13 Fusion

FF Reputation: 74 CKA Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (24)
Wow, Congrats! and Welcome. Great choice on the car!
Old 08-17-2004, 03:05 PM   #9
elSVT
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 983
What I Drive: SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 elSVT Good Standing Member
Congrats on the SVT. I also have a 2002 SVT, and I traded my cherished Saab for it. I still love Saabs--Saab rules!!!! But I could not handle the maintenance expense any longer. Funny, you had a 16V VW also--me too. A red scirocco. That was my first cool car, so I will always miss that one the most.

I love my SVT, though. Great choice, and good luck with it.
Old 08-18-2004, 09:08 PM   #10
rockthezx3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2116
What I Drive: 05 Silver WRX Wagon

FF Reputation: 1 rockthezx3 Good Standing Member
Hey, congrats on the new svt. Where you from in MA? Just wondering cause I've seen a blue SVT around town lately.
...now with dyno tuned stage 2

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.