Should i race this GSR? - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-26-2004, 05:03 AM   #21
CeOtr
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 12145
FF Reputation: 1 CeOtr Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I would like to add one more thing...are you nucking futs? Have you seen the statistics for people killed while street racing...do you really want to add to it - think about this - you're racing some dude in a really riced up car - he's not able to handle his car like you're able to handle your car...he loses control...accident happens...dude dies - whoa - do you want to be the one racing him? Just something to think about...now and again...and everytime you think you want to race...just remember - you may be able to race and handle your car; the person you are racing might not be able to...what if an accident happens and he dies? Please think about that...the person you may be racing, may not be able to race...I speak from sad experience...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2004, 05:31 AM   #22
bowersdaazian
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2963
What I Drive: '04 2.3 ZX3 ; FSW/JCM PWSC SVT

FF Reputation: 8 bowersdaazian Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Listen, i am really sorry about any experiences you have had with street racing and such. I was only thinking of a highway run late at night on a deserted part, or somewhere where there is no cars, and no obsticals. In a FWD car, not much can happen (i know stuff still can, but no spinouts due to RWD platforms). I am also seeing if there are any drag days at local speedways and such. It might be better seeing that we get times and everything. So im not trying to do anything stupid, illegal maybe, but not stupid and i will make sure its around a safe enviroment. Thank you for the concern, and i truely am sorry about what you have ecnountered due to reckless racers on the street, but i will do my best to get away from as much as possible before even thinking of racing anyone.

"Jam Harder, Penetrate Deeper, Dispense Longer"
and
"In God we Trust, All Others we Monitor, Jam or Deceive"
Old 08-26-2004, 09:32 AM   #23
NR
Focus Addict

Fan#: 8782
What I Drive: 2002 twilight blue zx3 5 spd

FF Reputation: 1 NR Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by jerryzx3
but I still beat him. I ran a 16.08 and he ran a 15.98 which was about his best time. I won because of my reaction time but I was also running way slower than normal.

he ran a better time and you still beat him?? please explain

custom magnaflow cat-back(3 inch pipe), steeda lowering springs, mac shorty intake, focus firepower ignition and livewires, autolite platinum sparkplugs, reverse indiglo gauges, painted stock rims wrapped on sumitomos HTRZII, shorty antenna, mintex pads, aeroquip brake hoses, ebc rotors, no resonator, debadged, limo tinted, halo headlights, steeda short shifter, 4-2-1 race header, W-TYP sideskirts, S2 side mouldings, mazda tribute door handles
Old 08-26-2004, 11:19 AM   #24
bowersdaazian
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2963
What I Drive: '04 2.3 ZX3 ; FSW/JCM PWSC SVT

FF Reputation: 8 bowersdaazian Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
could be brackett racing?

"Jam Harder, Penetrate Deeper, Dispense Longer"
and
"In God we Trust, All Others we Monitor, Jam or Deceive"
Old 08-26-2004, 11:30 AM   #25
kaiten2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 9696
What I Drive: 2004, red, zts

FF Reputation: 1 kaiten2 Good Standing Member
Reaction time. If he had a better start off the line then he will cross the finish line first.
Old 08-26-2004, 02:56 PM   #26
NR
Focus Addict

Fan#: 8782
What I Drive: 2002 twilight blue zx3 5 spd

FF Reputation: 1 NR Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by kaiten2
Reaction time. If he had a better start off the line then he will cross the finish line first.
i get the point, but reaction time is part of the race, if you suck at it, too bad
custom magnaflow cat-back(3 inch pipe), steeda lowering springs, mac shorty intake, focus firepower ignition and livewires, autolite platinum sparkplugs, reverse indiglo gauges, painted stock rims wrapped on sumitomos HTRZII, shorty antenna, mintex pads, aeroquip brake hoses, ebc rotors, no resonator, debadged, limo tinted, halo headlights, steeda short shifter, 4-2-1 race header, W-TYP sideskirts, S2 side mouldings, mazda tribute door handles
Old 08-26-2004, 06:38 PM   #27
jerryzx3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 9236
What I Drive: 2001 sangria red zx3 zetec

FF Reputation: 1 jerryzx3 Good Standing Member
He had a high .8 reaction time and I had a low .62 reaction time which gives me a 2 tenths lead right off. He did say it was a vetec so I am guessing it isn't the b18b. I have raced others and they have no low end. He didn't come on till after 1/8 mile. Any further than a 1/4 and he would have beat me. I am going to race him again this weekend at race wars and let you know how I do and him as well. Also to the guy who started this thread, race him at the track where you can prove it. Otherwise he is going to make every excuse for losing to you he can. Be safe
Old 08-26-2004, 10:56 PM   #28
CivicHatch+SVT-F
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 4136
What I Drive: Chris=96 Civic Hatch

FF Reputation: 4 CivicHatch+SVT-F Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by jerryzx3
He did say it was a vetec so I am guessing it isn't the b18b.
damn, then he just cant drive or is still getting used to that car. I've seen plenty of my style hatches pull 15 flat, some getting into the high 14's with an experienced driver. And my car weighs (stock) like 2250lbs. If its a '93, then it, atmost, weighs 2178lbs (2094lbs. in the lightest) with an engine producing (if, say, its a JDM motor) 180hp/126tq.

hell, take for comparisons sake an SVTF weighing in at 2750lbs. with a motor producing 170hp/145tq and its seen mid-low 15's

but yea, let us know how he does, and if you can, get his 60ft times

Ek hatch
- JDM b16 (SiRII) swap, Kaaz 1.5 way LSD, Evo2 exhaust, shorty intake, hi-flow cat, B&M 2-bend shifter, gutted, lightweight bucket CF seats, weighs in @ 2250lbs
Old 08-26-2004, 11:24 PM   #29
jr_psychologist
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 11554
What I Drive: 2002 Pitch Black SVT

FF Reputation: 1 jr_psychologist Good Standing Member
Quote:
if you can, get his 60ft times
I'd like to find that
Quote:
highway run late at night on a deserted part
that prints out 60ft times 8^)

Seriously though, unless the guy doesn't actually have a gsr (which would be a b18c1 @ 176hp give or take) he's probably going to take you on a freeway run at the end for a few reasons, the most relevant one being that on the freeway you're giving up your torque advantage unless you're going from a standing start. And, aren't the non-SVT's speed-limited fairly early? Again on a freeway run, you ought to be hitting 100+ fairly quickly, and Ford's going to shut your fun off way too early to really embarass this guy. Of course, I'm not terribly familiar with the 2.3's though, so ymmv...
Old 08-26-2004, 11:30 PM   #30
jr_psychologist
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 11554
What I Drive: 2002 Pitch Black SVT

FF Reputation: 1 jr_psychologist Good Standing Member
Oh, and for what it's worth, lose that stuff about "not much can happen in a FWD car." A friend of mine stuffed his JRSC-powered Integra type-r into a freeway wall late at night just driving home from work at about 95 mph. Nothing really dramatic happened, the freeway just got a little bouncy from the expansion joints, he twitched a bit at the wrong time and started spinning. He wasn't racing or anything. Neither he nor the car have been the same since. It doesn't drive the same and he's gunshy even about daily driving... Not worth it, stick to the track

Bookmarks & Social Networks