Should i race this GSR? - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-15-2004, 09:58 PM   #1
bowersdaazian
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2963
What I Drive: '04 2.3 ZX3 ; FSW/JCM PWSC SVT

FF Reputation: 8 bowersdaazian Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Should i race this GSR?

i know this has been asked, i just want to know if i should with my car. I have a 04 PZEV with FS CAI and soon to be exhaust (see sig). There is this guy i know who has a 96 4 door integra GSR with CAI. The reason i want to race him is because he is full of crap (trust me on this), and because he has like 2 10" subs in his car and he isnt the best of drivers. So when i get my exhaust on do you think i will win? I want to run him either way, but you can see my 1/4 time in my sig (probably can run faster now, been practiceing launches). thanks
alan

"Jam Harder, Penetrate Deeper, Dispense Longer"
and
"In God we Trust, All Others we Monitor, Jam or Deceive"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2004, 10:48 PM   #2
CivicHatch+SVT-F
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 4136
What I Drive: Chris=96 Civic Hatch

FF Reputation: 4 CivicHatch+SVT-F Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
hmm... supposedly with the 2.3 you can open up the engine greatly with I/E (comparable 1/4 times with the SVT). Id say go for it, I wouldnt be suprised if ya beat him at all. Especially since its the 4-door version, has a system, and a not-so-great driver. Get him on the launch and ya should get him good

Is he stock performance wise?

Ek hatch
- JDM b16 (SiRII) swap, Kaaz 1.5 way LSD, Evo2 exhaust, shorty intake, hi-flow cat, B&M 2-bend shifter, gutted, lightweight bucket CF seats, weighs in @ 2250lbs
Old 08-15-2004, 10:55 PM   #3
bowersdaazian
Focus Fanatic

he says he has headers and intake mani, but ive seen his engine bay (looks stock to me) and i asked him (knowing the answer) if his engine was a b22 engine, and all he said was "yeah it gets up and goes!". The stock GSR's come with 1.8 litre engines right(i think its called a b18)? i could see though he has a intake on it. But nothing else looks out of the ordinary. yeah i will run him, ill get my exhaust, take everything out of my car (possibly seats), put higher octane (89) and hopefully get a STS by then. So we'll see. THanks

and
Old 08-15-2004, 11:01 PM   #4
CivicHatch+SVT-F
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by bowersdaazian
i asked him (knowing the answer) if his engine was a b22 engine, and all he said was "yeah it gets up and goes!".
lol... please put him outta his ricer misery

Ek hatch
- JDM b16 (SiRII) swap, Kaaz 1.5 way LSD, Evo2 exhaust, shorty intake, hi-flow cat, B&M 2-bend shifter, gutted, lightweight bucket CF seats, weighs in @ 2250lbs
Old 08-15-2004, 11:22 PM   #5
neojen
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1885
What I Drive: Accord

FF Reputation: 1 neojen Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I belive you could take him..please beat him.. then steal his teg and give it to me.. integra sedans look so marvelous when built correctly..
Old 08-16-2004, 03:05 AM   #6
bowersdaazian
Focus Fanatic

yeah, i wouldnt say his is a ricer but ill let you decide (ill list off what he has). His car is a kinda purplish blue (he says dodge viper blue) sedan with stock 15" 5 spoke wheels (bald tires). He has euro front lights with two blue strobes hidden under the bumper (he claims he has pulled over people before). Rear lights are stock, no spoiler, no ground effects, but he has led's underneath the mirror that blink when he is signalling. Inside he has a DVD player, and the 2 10' subs. Thats bout it. So its not rice, but it is a lot of money just for show.
What makes me know that he doesnt have a clue about cars, is that he said his key remote is also from a dodge viper, when its really just a Viper alarm system with keyless ignition (vipers dont even have that). So i hope i beat him, its only a matter of time before i get my exhaust and STS (i have to order it, but will do express shipping).

and
Old 08-16-2004, 09:36 AM   #7
kaiten2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 9696
What I Drive: 2004, red, zts

FF Reputation: 1 kaiten2 Good Standing Member
Im confident you can take him especially when you get your exhaust. as for the 89 octane dont even waste your time according to ford since the pzev is meant for emissions the higher octane gas is actually bad for the car. plus you wouldnt notice a difference from 87 or 89. but good luck and keep us informed
Old 08-16-2004, 09:50 AM   #8
P0WeRbyDuratec
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2109
What I Drive: 2012 WRX Limited

FF Reputation: 1 P0WeRbyDuratec Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by bowersdaazian
yeah, i wouldnt say his is a ricer but ill let you decide (ill list off what he has). His car is a kinda purplish blue (he says dodge viper blue) sedan with stock 15" 5 spoke wheels (bald tires). He has euro front lights with two blue strobes hidden under the bumper (he claims he has pulled over people before). Rear lights are stock, no spoiler, no ground effects, but he has led's underneath the mirror that blink when he is signalling. Inside he has a DVD player, and the 2 10' subs. Thats bout it. So its not rice, but it is a lot of money just for show.
What makes me know that he doesnt have a clue about cars, is that he said his key remote is also from a dodge viper, when its really just a Viper alarm system with keyless ignition (vipers dont even have that). So i hope i beat him, its only a matter of time before i get my exhaust and STS (i have to order it, but will do express shipping).
lol back in my idiot days, i actually pulled someone over by waving a red neon around and around in my car, of course the guy was drunk, this was when i first startede driving. You should race him, you might just beat this kid, give it a shot. The 2.3 responds beautifully with mods. Even if you have no idea how to shift you should easily be low 15's. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 08-25-2004, 01:18 PM   #9
2fast4u
Focus Addict

Fan#: 2375
What I Drive: ZX-3 gone, now 05 Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 1 2fast4u Good Standing Member
try it, gsr engines are greta but if he is pretty much stock, your 2.3 with mods should beat him,,especially if u launch good, im predicting by 2 car lengths,,,,civic hatch is big time honda guy here and if he says u could beat him, then do it. let us know
Old 08-25-2004, 01:35 PM   #10
CivicHatch+SVT-F
Focus Fanatic

this was about 10 days ago, did ya ever race him bowers?

Ek hatch

Bookmarks & Social Networks