The SVTF Gets it's beating - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > General Racing Chat

General Racing Chat Use this Forum to discuss everything from launching off the line and four wheel drifts, to telling your favorite race tale. (Posting Rules)

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-15-2004, 06:53 PM   #1
svt medic
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10460
What I Drive: 04 Infra-Red focus SVT 3 door #434 of 1978 Born November 11th 2003

FF Reputation: 1 svt medic Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Talking The SVTF Gets it's beating

The other night on the way home from work I came across a bunch of young guys and their cars. I was at the light pretty much just looking for a race. It happens, I see a SVTF about 5 or 6 cars up. The light turns green and the traffic starts to move and break up. I passed the slower traffic and sure as shiznit got caught at a light right behind the focus. She's yellow and she is euro model. It's on ,and the light goes green. we take off, now mind yourself I'm still behind and about to switch lanes to get next to him. Now out of the blue I see not 3 but 4 cars pull beside us, an older 92 or so probe all done up with the kit and all. a honda civic ricer all done up with undercarrige lights and a full compliment of piller gauges. an older stang with gauges and a couple of really young kids in it with hats side ways.lol it's a v-8 95 5.0 ta[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]*lly done. and a kia all done up with the big ass wing and lights, wheels ,gauges. Were cruising say 35 or so on a straight road 4 lanes wide. I hear the white probe gun it and the svtf gun it.It's on. I took the probe and the stang, mind you still at a 30 to35 MPH role, They were behind. the svtf and I, and the civic were on pare with each other. the civic is a ex not an si all done up. no one with turbo or sc. all normally asperated.the SVTF and myself were starting to come in to our pwer bands and the civic had to shift. His goose is cooked because he can't rev as high.I shit 3rd and started pulling a heavy lead on the yellow svtf euro.So I took all of them up to say 100-110 when I stopped going at it.I think the yellow euro had the older program so he did not open up until 6 grand. WE come to a light.Yeah baby I"m taking it. The light goes green and the stang, probe and civic and my self are going.I hit 2nd chirping the tires the stang is right on my ass, but i'm still pulling. I hit 3rd and out of the blue the probe takes us all. not by much ,maybe a bumper or so. but he stiill was taking us and all with no turbo or sc I had to pull off because i was tired and was coming to my turn for the house. Tell you all, I had a blast and I think the probe was on the monkey juice. kia was no where to be seen.lol. Point is , I had a great time and the SVT focus is not slow ,even stock

( VVTI This)
(SVT Squad # 198)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2004, 07:05 PM   #2
Kamui
Focus Addict

Fan#: 10647
What I Drive: 2003 Infra-Red ZX3 5SP Zetec

FF Reputation: 1 Kamui Good Standing Member
Nice story.
Old 08-15-2004, 08:17 PM   #3
sidney61199
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 7904
What I Drive: 2002 Black Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 1 sidney61199 Good Standing Member
Who is the guy with the thumbs down?
Old 08-15-2004, 08:27 PM   #4
svt medic
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10460
What I Drive: 04 Infra-Red focus SVT 3 door #434 of 1978 Born November 11th 2003

FF Reputation: 1 svt medic Good Standing Member
No need to be a dick. Just had a story to tell. If you have nothing nice to say. don,t say it at all.
( VVTI This)
(SVT Squad # 198)
Old 08-15-2004, 08:34 PM   #5
punkdrummer18286
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 9310
What I Drive: 2005 Ford Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 1 punkdrummer18286 Good Standing Member
Exactly. If you have a better story, then tell it, if not, leave. Good story, i like hearin the SVT's still kickin a*s stock! Stupid anal probes though...lol.

PARTS SOLD!!!
Old 08-15-2004, 08:46 PM   #6
Baron Von PickleWeenee
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 8521
What I Drive: 04 Red Euro SVTF, 116 of 1978

FF Reputation: 1 Baron Von PickleWeenee Good Standing Member
Nice one.

The other night, I was riding in my SVTF and minding my own business and it was late, around 11pm. I come up to this light on a 4 lane road, stopped at red. Behind me pulls up a newer firebird all decked out, a Civic of some sort with neons and that rice muffler they all have, and a VW Golf. The Firebird was next to me and when the light turned he smoked tires for like 100 yards it seemed and I knew I had no chance but then the Civic pulls up and we are running. I shifted from 1st to 4th all at red line in what seemed like 2 seconds and pulled away from the Civic. At 4th, I was close to 7k RPM and must have been going close to 100 MPH, I was too excited to look down and my pulse was racing. Coming close to another light, I was ahead of the Civic by atleast 2 car lengths and the Firebird was sitting at the light which was now red. When we all stopped, we all got out and was chatting right at the light about cars and whatnot. The light must have turned green like 5 times before we went our seperate ways. All in all, a great ride and man was I pumped.
Old 08-15-2004, 09:05 PM   #7
Dbelle18
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 8587
What I Drive: 2005 Toyota Corolla LE

FF Reputation: 1 Dbelle18 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
"svt medic" nice kills and that probe may have had some happy juice...lol

Focus SE Zetec (auto)

Mac rear motor mount, MBRP Exhaust system, MSD 8.5mm Ignition Wires, Motorcraft plats, Clear Coner lenses w/ white bulbs, Bosch Micro Edge Excel wiper blades, All season Falken Ziex ZE512 195/60R15 tires

"Kill List"
(Won) 92-93 Integra RS w/ exhaust (5-speed)
(Won) 93-96 Buick Regal (auto)
(Won) 04 Honda civic ( vtec?/auto or man.?)
(Tied) 05 Focus auto (2)
(Lost) 05 Cobalt auto
Old 08-15-2004, 10:43 PM   #8
CivicHatch+SVT-F
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 4136
What I Drive: Chris=96 Civic Hatch

FF Reputation: 4 CivicHatch+SVT-F Good Standing Member
nice kills man You should get some of that monkey juice too and find that probe again

Ek hatch
- JDM b16 (SiRII) swap, Kaaz 1.5 way LSD, Evo2 exhaust, shorty intake, hi-flow cat, B&M 2-bend shifter, gutted, lightweight bucket CF seats, weighs in @ 2250lbs
Old 08-15-2004, 11:06 PM   #9
ZETEC3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 81
What I Drive: 2003 Liquid grey ZX3, 95 240SX SE

FF Reputation: 1 ZETEC3 Good Standing Member
Congrats on the kills, sounds like you had fun! Also FYI for your sig its V-tec theres no h.
Old 08-16-2004, 01:03 AM   #10
smokinyourass
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 4510
What I Drive: 2003 cd silver svt focus

FF Reputation: 1 smokinyourass Good Standing Member
also at 7000 in fourth you should be doing bout 110, 112 is the max in fourth, and 132 in fifth.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->