focus drag racing(joke) - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Road Racing & Rally

Road Racing & Rally The place to discuss information about road/rally racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-17-2004, 07:21 PM   #21
03FOCUZ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 7146
What I Drive: 2003,infra red,zx3

FF Reputation: 1 03FOCUZ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
thats what im saying but maan,fod needs to catch up to the 4 bangers!out there
{fs wires,aem cold air, spin tech muffler with 2.5 piping,,kyb adjustables,sprint 2 inch lowering springs , steeda short shifter,FS front and rear strut,Xcal 2 clared cat.many more to come.cant wait to boossst.

{ZETEC crew MEMBER 82}
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2004, 06:34 PM   #22
xgambit
Focus Addict

Fan#: 8571
What I Drive: red 03 FSVT zx5, 95 eclipse GST

FF Reputation: 1 xgambit Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by 03FOCUZ
thats what im saying but maan,fod needs to catch up to the 4 bangers!out there
just add some twisties and the rest will have to do the catching up with us!
Old 08-19-2004, 03:37 PM   #23
yellowzx3R
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 3167
What I Drive: 03 focus 2.3, 66stang, 84 AE86

FF Reputation: 1 yellowzx3R Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by bowersdaazian
Now i know i might sound stupid saying this without knowing much about it, but isnt it kinda good that Ford doesnt start backing the focus into draging and such. Cause then the focus will start becoming like all the honda's out there, and the focus will become a regular for people who want to pose and rice out their car. And it might just be me, but i like the fact that not many people think the focus can be fast, and i want it to stay that way.
I agree with you, i would not want the focus to get all riced out period.
Old 08-25-2004, 06:36 PM   #24
coleslaststand
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 6500
What I Drive: black 2004SVTEuro; '02 spyder eclipse gt

FF Reputation: 1 coleslaststand Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Drag racing is for chumps ... the Focus has 2 drivers in the top 6 of WRC series, and just recently they finished 2nd and 4th respectively at the German Ralley ... these cars cost about a million dollars a pop, and are way more exciting to drive than any dragster ... any car can be made fast to go in a straight line but its takes serious engineering to make a car that can take a muddy, gravel strown, hair pin turn at 160mph ...
Mods = Hypnotic's SCT tune; Screaming Demon coil and wire package; Denso Iridium ITV24's; FR STS; VF rear mount; ported TB; Custom wing; VIS CF vented hood; Hypnotic's SRI; SCO 4 gauge grounding wires and ORP ...
Old 08-25-2004, 08:32 PM   #25
blueoval
Focus Addict

Fan#: 10596
What I Drive: 01 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 blueoval Good Standing Member
I would have liked Ford to have put more money into the Focus instead of killing off the SVT Focus. I believe that the Focus is Ford's diamond in the rough. Sure the 05 Focus has a 2.3L Duratech motor pumping out a claimed 150 HP, but Ford got rid of the styling that made the Focus so unique. Now the Focus looks more like the Taures, than the Honda killer that it once was.
Old 08-26-2004, 02:03 PM   #26
BumbleBeeX3
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 9398
What I Drive: 00 Yellow Zx3

FF Reputation: 1 BumbleBeeX3 Good Standing Member
Ford is on the right track with slowly molding into the drag scene, but that's not the purpose of the focus. It's for handling and road racing, Ford could start in the SCCA, not on the strip, but on the road course where I think the focus belongs. I also hope that the focus does gain more popularity not as an ricer but as domestic sport compact and it'll come soon enough.
Old 08-26-2004, 02:15 PM   #27
focusedintentions
Focus Addict

Fan#: 7850
What I Drive: 07 Infiniti G35 6mt coupe silver

FF Reputation: 1 focusedintentions Good Standing Member
Don't know if this is off topic or not, but going along with the focus loosing it's edgyness. Has anybody else noticed how much the front end of the new focus looks like that of the newer taurus?? I saw them parked side by side the other day in a parking lot, and the only reason i could tell the focus was a focus was b/c it was smaller. It's like a mini me to the taurus now...ewwwie.
My SVT is #604 of 1079
One of 104 with EAP
Old 08-26-2004, 03:36 PM   #28
blueoval
Focus Addict

Fan#: 10596
What I Drive: 01 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 blueoval Good Standing Member
The new Focus is starting to look more like the family hauler than a respectable street machine. Or this could be Ford's attempt at building the ultimante (spelling) sleeper car.
Old 08-27-2004, 12:34 AM   #29
focaltech

Fan#: 490
What I Drive: 2001 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 focaltech Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (-1)
Quote:
Originally posted by coleslaststand
Drag racing is for chumps ... the Focus has 2 drivers in the top 6 of WRC series, and just recently they finished 2nd and 4th respectively at the German Ralley ... these cars cost about a million dollars a pop, and are way more exciting to drive than any dragster ... any car can be made fast to go in a straight line but its takes serious engineering to make a car that can take a muddy, gravel strown, hair pin turn at 160mph ...
When you see foci taking "muddy, gravel strown, hair pin turns at 160mph" you let me know?
Old 08-27-2004, 08:08 AM   #30
coleslaststand
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 6500
What I Drive: black 2004SVTEuro; '02 spyder eclipse gt

FF Reputation: 1 coleslaststand Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
When you see foci taking "muddy, gravel strown, hair pin turns at 160mph" you let me know?

Tune into the next WRC series event ... the next one is in Japan ... and its an all gravel course .... the best drivers and cars in the world run rally races --- period ... no offense to F1 ... which I love also.
Mods = Hypnotic's SCT tune; Screaming Demon coil and wire package; Denso Iridium ITV24's; FR STS; VF rear mount; ported TB; Custom wing; VIS CF vented hood; Hypnotic's SRI; SCO 4 gauge grounding wires and ORP ...

Bookmarks & Social Networks