focus drag racing(joke) - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Road Racing & Rally

Road Racing & Rally The place to discuss information about road/rally racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-15-2004, 08:57 PM   #11
CKA
*~*

Fan#: 2313
What I Drive: '02 ZTS/'99 Explorer/'13 Fusion

FF Reputation: 74 CKA Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (24)
Yeah, I say leave it at the Mustang, but adding a Focus team would be cool. But I dunno I have mixed feelings.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2004, 09:13 PM   #12
blueoval
Focus Addict

Fan#: 10596
What I Drive: 01 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 blueoval Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
ford had a good idea introducing the focus they tried and somewhat succeeded in taking some of the sport compact market away from honda. i wished that ford would have made more parts available( i have the ford racing catalogue )with the new focus it looks more like a compact family car than a sporty grocery getter, at least this is true about the sedan. i do like the fact that ford has uped the hp.

i guess you would not want to mess with something that has been as successful as the mustang, i think it would be nice to ford be more agressive towards civic possers. it's just my opinion
Old 08-15-2004, 09:17 PM   #13
2fast4u
Focus Addict

Fan#: 2375
What I Drive: ZX-3 gone, now 05 Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 1 2fast4u Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
i like the sleeper thing too,,,,,awd kit? havent heard of it,,,post more info,,,,,just wish ford would offer better engines stock,,,,
Old 08-15-2004, 09:20 PM   #14
03FOCUZ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 7146
What I Drive: 2003,infra red,zx3

FF Reputation: 1 03FOCUZ Good Standing Member
ok ford does have a good mustang team but if ford would think about it, if ford agresses more into the focus than people would say that ford mankes good 4bangers aswell and would want to buy more parts and thats it ford can make on top up there with honda ,and with dodge having the srt-4 i dont ford can hang in there if they dont start making better parts and smmaller cars!
{fs wires,aem cold air, spin tech muffler with 2.5 piping,,kyb adjustables,sprint 2 inch lowering springs , steeda short shifter,FS front and rear strut,Xcal 2 clared cat.many more to come.cant wait to boossst.

{ZETEC crew MEMBER 82}
Old 08-16-2004, 09:27 AM   #15
liquid01
Focus Addict

Fan#: 252
What I Drive: ZX3 S2 modded--Just a touch

FF Reputation: 3 liquid01 Good Standing Member
I like the sleeper mode as well.
Old 08-16-2004, 10:56 AM   #16
P0WeRbyDuratec
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2109
What I Drive: 2012 WRX Limited

FF Reputation: 1 P0WeRbyDuratec Good Standing Member
the sleeper thing is the shittt. The fact that ford has not developed a drag team is okay. I rather watch Rally's and see the Foci tear it up there. I also think that its good that the big companies aren't making the parts either, it brings alot of unnecessary ricers. Besides, the parts we have out for the cars are already great quality, i don't know why anyone would wanna change that.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:06 AM   #17
CivicHatch+SVT-F
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 4136
What I Drive: Chris=96 Civic Hatch

FF Reputation: 4 CivicHatch+SVT-F Good Standing Member
give it time... Fords not just going to jump into the waters head first. They are testing the waters right now to see if a sport compact will fly in this new trend. The imports have been at it for a long long time. I think Ford is progressing nicely. Notice how when the the Focus first came out, people bought it yet it was plagued with problems. They fixed all the problems, removed the SPI engine from the line-up, went with a stronger engine the 2.0 Zetec, then SVT came along and saw promise with the Focus and the Zetec, after that they redesigned the engine again to a 2.3 making it restrictive with low emissions, yet it responsed GREATLY with minor bolt-ons. Now they have redesigned it yet again with a 2.0 Duratech (right?). Trial and error. Nearly the same processes Honda went through with the 1.5, 1.6, 1.8, etc.

Ek hatch
- JDM b16 (SiRII) swap, Kaaz 1.5 way LSD, Evo2 exhaust, shorty intake, hi-flow cat, B&M 2-bend shifter, gutted, lightweight bucket CF seats, weighs in @ 2250lbs
Old 08-16-2004, 02:52 PM   #18
xgambit
Focus Addict

Fan#: 8571
What I Drive: red 03 FSVT zx5, 95 eclipse GST

FF Reputation: 1 xgambit Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by SimplyDomesticsFocus
the sleeper thing is the shittt. The fact that ford has not developed a drag team is okay. I rather watch Rally's and see the Foci tear it up there.....
yeah, id rather ford spent the money on rally racing. with the exception of focus owners, most people that want to see a ford go in a straight line would rather see a mustang.

the focus is a car with handling as its selling point, even the lowest model on the totem pole has awesome handling. developing a drag race program for a focus is like developing a '79 trans am for rally racing. its best to keep to the car's strenghts.
Old 08-17-2004, 04:00 PM   #19
03FOCUZ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 7146
What I Drive: 2003,infra red,zx3

FF Reputation: 1 03FOCUZ Good Standing Member
yea that so true and i think that if the focus seen keeps on going the way it is then we should be able to keepon top with honda cuz honda has been around for a while and i think for only 4years that the foci has been around people have discoverd almost all its potential that the focus has and until this day i dont think people dont think people know how fast and how good the foci and can hande at high speed!but i think that honda has the advantage in technology for the knowledge that they know about their cars and how much they,ve beeen around for!
{fs wires,aem cold air, spin tech muffler with 2.5 piping,,kyb adjustables,sprint 2 inch lowering springs , steeda short shifter,FS front and rear strut,Xcal 2 clared cat.many more to come.cant wait to boossst.

{ZETEC crew MEMBER 82}
Old 08-17-2004, 05:29 PM   #20
P0WeRbyDuratec
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2109
What I Drive: 2012 WRX Limited

FF Reputation: 1 P0WeRbyDuratec Good Standing Member
Honda has a reputation above anything. Thats why the civic sells, its a civic. They have been arround for a long ass time. People like that. Ford has the right idea with the Focus but i really think they made a mistake in the designs for the new ones. They really took the focus and got rid of its edginess. Its like they took alot of the radical style and toned it down. Hopefully Ford works on that and gets it fixed. Will we see a drag team? I think so, after all there are cougars and cavy's draggging as well

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.