Mike from Hilbish ford - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack

Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack The place to go for answers on wheel types, tire sizes, offset, wheel patterns and more.
Sponsored By:
Tire Rack

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-27-2010, 07:21 PM   #21
bdnld4482
Banned

Fan#: 46063
What I Drive: 2012 black focus titanium

FF Reputation: 37 bdnld4482 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRenegade View Post
It's posted on the Hilbish website but here you go, 1-800-849-0233
ask for billy or dale, those 2 know whats going on and will help you out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambleon84 View Post
What was the price to get this shipped?

Also, not sure if you are planning to install yourself but if not, have you got any price quotes to get this installed?

Or if anyone has an idea of the price range to get this installed?
shipped to my door here in IL 354.00 . OHH The FRPP kit is a amazing ride and it gives your car such a great look. If you get the kit from billy and dale , because the fronts already put together it cuts down on install time. Shouldnt take more the 2 hours at most for anyplace with a lift and make sure you buy some new rear controll arm bushing just incase yours seized on the bolts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2010, 07:29 PM   #22
bdnld4482
Banned

Fan#: 46063
What I Drive: 2012 black focus titanium

FF Reputation: 37 bdnld4482 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Old 02-27-2010, 09:08 PM   #23
Focus'd
Focus Addict

Fan#: 57543
What I Drive: 2001 Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Focus'd Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Where can I find the rear lower control arm bolts? I'm replacing the lca's with the custom ones that a member sells on here and I don't want to use the old bolts.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:37 AM   #24
S0C0nFused
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 39405
What I Drive: 2007 TorD-Red ZX5 SES

FF Reputation: 77 S0C0nFused Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
That depends. Most foci come from the factory with more than -1.5 degrees. Lowering it increases the amount of negative camber and it varies from car to car. While this may be within Ford specs, more than -1.5 degrees is known to promote inside edge tire wear.
So, not meaning to thread jack, but it's applicable to your comment. Would the CFM Front Tubular Control Arms be effective for camber control for those wanting to drop more than 1.5"?
Last of the Hatches #28
Old 03-02-2010, 11:53 AM   #25
Geezer
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1427
What I Drive: 99 miata, 05Mazda6, 09GTI, 12Imprez

FF Reputation: 141 Geezer Excellent Standing MemberGeezer Excellent Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by S0C0nFused View Post
So, not meaning to thread jack, but it's applicable to your comment. Would the CFM Front Tubular Control Arms be effective for camber control for those wanting to drop more than 1.5"?
Since they are adjustable, yes this could be another way of playing with camber. Personally I like "slotted' camber/caster plates for ease of adjustment (at the race track etc.). But these are hard to find for the Focus.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:35 PM   #26
S0C0nFused
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 39405
What I Drive: 2007 TorD-Red ZX5 SES

FF Reputation: 77 S0C0nFused Excellent Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
Since they are adjustable, yes this could be another way of playing with camber. Personally I like "slotted' camber/caster plates for ease of adjustment (at the race track etc.). But these are hard to find for the Focus.
Well, as has been often discussed. The lower you go the weirder the suspension geometry becomes. With the availability of upper/lower arms for the rear, and now the adjustable arms and upper plates for the front. I was just curious if now you could actually entertain somewhat radical drops and still maintain proper alignment for the street (meaning your not going to eat your tires).
Last of the Hatches #28

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Tags
eibach, frrp, hilbish, lowering, suspension