Attention Jacksonville Owners - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > South East Fanatics > Fanatics: Florida

Fanatics: Florida Regional discussion Forum for planning events and sharing information with all Members in the Florida areas.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-13-2004, 06:31 PM   #1
Fahaka
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 11636
What I Drive: '96 S14 & '89 S13 Coupe

FF Reputation: 1 Fahaka Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Attention Jacksonville Owners

So I just spent the last week in Jacksonville, Florida with my Wife and her family. Her brother got married and it was a fun vacation.

So on the way back to the airport, to fly home, I get off the 295 at exit 17 (not sure which street) to fill the tank on the rental. After filling the tank (Ford Freestar) and buying a pack of gummy bears, I proceed to head back towards the freeway and merge northbound from the east.

Just as I pull into the merging lane a gold Ford Focus is turning left onto the merging lane from west bound behind me. Once I pass the yield sign and into the single merging freeway lane I look in my rearview and the focus, driven by a young guy (16-20yrs), is right on my ass. So I lean on the freestar and start to pull away (pretty sad for him). I merge onto the right hand lane of the freeway and set the cc at 80 and then pull over one lane to the left in front of a slower van (center lane). I then checked my mirrors to see which side the focus was going to pass me on as I was expecting the GM pass as a pathetic display of his obviously small manly hood.

To my surprise he was moving past me on the driver’s side at about 85 and was swerving in the lane. I guess he thought he was going to scare me by feigning to hit me. I chucked to myself and didn't even bring it to my wife's attention. He proceeded to pass me, still swerving, and then swerved over in front of me wildly, still trying to intimidate and staring at me in the rearview. Based on his altezzas and his hard rear-entry ricer stare I said to my wife, while one handing the wheel, "are you seeing this?" Just as my wife responds affirmative, he saws the wheel back and forth wildly moving between two lanes at sharp angles of attack.

At that moment I was thinking that either this guy knew what he was doing or I needed to make a move. So, based on the previously mentioned rear-entry ricer stare, I tapped the brake to disengage the cc and waited to see what he would do. On the second swerve he started to smoke the tires and then he spun out on the freeway at 80mph. I moved over two lanes to the center shoulder, as the driver of the focus pirouetted through the center of the three lane freeway and objects started to fly out of the inside of the car (most notably his ball cap). All traffic behind us started to lock up their brakes including two 18 wheel trucks and he came to a standstill facing oncoming traffic. Luckily for him no one hit him, but what a tool.

I’d like to mention that I had both of my kids and my pregnant wife in the van at the time. So if anyone knows a young guy with a gold, altezza’d focus in the east Jacksonville area that is missing his favorite brown ball cap, kick him in the nutz for me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2004, 11:44 AM   #2
Hot_Like_Wasabi
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 11594
What I Drive: 2000 Silver

FF Reputation: 1 Hot_Like_Wasabi Good Standing Member
I hate people like that and no reason at all to act like that. Don't let me catch him on the road.
Old 08-16-2004, 02:36 PM   #3
JFocus01
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1782
What I Drive: 2001 Ford Focus ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 JFocus01 Good Standing Member
That is pretty shitty for that cat to do that. I will be in Jax in a couple of weeks. I will kick him in the nutz for you man. Or if i feel good I will kick his ass b/c I know how u feel. I have 2 little nephews and I would die if they were hurt.
Old 08-16-2004, 02:37 PM   #4
JFocus01
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1782
What I Drive: 2001 Ford Focus ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 JFocus01 Good Standing Member
Hey Hot_Like_Wasabi I am thinking of moving to Jax in a couple of months to live with my brother. We will have to chill if I ride down.
Old 10-25-2004, 01:48 PM   #5
llama_in_a_focus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 392
What I Drive: 2001 Excursion (ISO another foci)

FF Reputation: 1 llama_in_a_focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (22)
i just moved from there a few months ago (in the army) and inever saw a gold focus with a little bastard like that riding around. he needs a few kiks in tha nutz so he cannot multiply.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3668272&posted=1#post3668272

Bookmarks & Social Networks