Street Racing Stories!! - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > General Racing Chat

General Racing Chat Use this Forum to discuss everything from launching off the line and four wheel drifts, to telling your favorite race tale. (Posting Rules)

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2003, 04:32 AM   #1
ZTSRacer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 536
What I Drive: 2003 Ford Focus ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 ZTSRacer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Exclamation Street Racing Stories!!

Ok everyone I thought I would share a racing story with you all and everyone add a racing story in if they have one.

Back when I had my 92 cougar I was racing with some friends in Bay City Michigan. We raced on the riverwalk road as a small GT course since it was about 1.2 miles long and you could get some insane MPH.

Well one night my friend Jason and myself were racing and we came underneath memorial bridge at 110mph and next thing you know we saw lights flashing, the cops were hiding on the otherside of the bridge, well my friend stopped and I kept going knowing I could turn up Midland St. and take a spiders web of roads to lose them or so I thought. I came up to the intersection and the road was blocked off by three state police.

Needless to say I ended up doing an overnighter, my father came in the morning to pick me up. Thinking I would get the largest ass chewing of my life my father takes me outside and says, "So did you win?"

I ended up going to court and doing 30 days probation and a 110 dollar fine for excessive speeding and wreckless driving!

And if you all need a good attorney my friend Dave Vink is a hell of an attorney at law since he got me out of a 500 dollar fine and 90 days probation.

Alright everyone, let's hear some good racing stories. I have many more as well.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2003, 06:28 AM   #2
Egz
Sückn' n Blown

Fan#: 442
What I Drive: 2003 2.3l ZX3

FF Reputation: 111 Egz Excellent Standing MemberEgz Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Um, take it to the track.

duratec.wikispaces.com - Duratec Wiki - Sign up and contribute!

Old 10-23-2003, 08:25 PM   #3
ZTSRacer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 536
What I Drive: 2003 Ford Focus ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 ZTSRacer Good Standing Member
Been to the track, they suck unless you go to a road course, nothing will compare to the GT course we have in bay city, adrenaline rush and some blind corners!

Old 10-23-2003, 08:47 PM   #4
BlkZX3

Fan#: 473
What I Drive: El Huevo Negro

FF Reputation: 1 BlkZX3 Good Standing Member
Don't you love the people who come into street racing threads and tell everyone to go to the track?

I'm not even going to get into this, instead I'll tell my most recent story.

When I was back home on break, I learned that a friend of mine had recently purchased an 02' VW GTI 1.8T and wished to race me. Not being one to back down from a race I said sure, even though I realized I really had no chance of winning.

The only factor in my favor was that my friend's GTI was an automatic.

We met and after a few games of pool with other friends lined up at a traffic light on a long stretch of straight road at around 2 am when no one was around. He counted to three and we both took off.

I pulled way head at the begining, as I had a great launch and, like I said before, he has an automatic. Of course once his turbo kicked in he started to catch up and pulled even with me around 55 mph. We continued to go, as neither of us let up.

I expected him to pull alot harder on me, but only was about 2 cars ahead of me when I hit my speed limiter.

After bouncing off the limiter (which goes to 115mph on my car...dont know why) I flashed my lights and we both let off.

It was a great race, and I was pleasently surprised with how my little Focus kept up with the factory turbocharged VW.

Old 10-24-2003, 12:17 PM   #5
viney266
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 93
What I Drive: focus ztw ,zx3,mustang, motorcycles

FF Reputation: 112 viney266 Excellent Standing Memberviney266 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
I'll take the middle ground here. I do most of my racing on the track and that is the only place where serious hardcore racing should be done...You don't die when you mess up. However, like blckzx3 story is not too bad due to the fact, lonely road and no one around, pretty safe stuff, the only people in danger are the ones racing, that is acceptable in my opinion. The other dude racing around blind corners, I am assuming, on both sides of the road.. that is too much risk for me , what if my wife and kids are coming the other way on the road??? To me, street racing is finee if the only people at risk are the racers!

Old 10-24-2003, 01:11 PM   #6
BlkZX3

Fan#: 473
What I Drive: El Huevo Negro

FF Reputation: 1 BlkZX3 Good Standing Member
Yeah, I try to only race after midnight on lonely roads whenever I can.

That way no one is in danger except the drivers, and, like viney said, I think that's perfectly fine.

Old 10-31-2003, 02:40 PM   #7
awebb
Focus Addict

Fan#: 259
What I Drive: 2003 ZX3 Sangria Red

FF Reputation: 1 awebb Good Standing Member
Ok, last night at about 1:00 am a guy in a Mustang GT pulls up next to me at a stoplight. I figure, what the heck, maybe I can get him to light up the tires. So I rev at him, and, as predicted, he revs back. At this point, I’m just thinking, why bother; there is no way I can win. But I decide to go anyway. The light turns green and we both take off. I had a really good start, and he had kind of a crappy one (too much wheel spin) and I took him off the line. Obviously, he passes me fairly quickly, but all of a sudden, I hear a gigantic BOOM!!! The poor dude threw a piston right through his hood… Now that’s some scary sh@t.

Speed: AEM Short Ram Intake, Focus Central Race Header, Custom 2.25" Header-Back Exhaust.

Looks: Red Shorty Antenna, Superblue headlights.

Old 11-21-2003, 06:56 PM   #8
Svtfocusrollinu
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 542
What I Drive: 02 SVT FOCUS

FF Reputation: 1 Svtfocusrollinu Good Standing Member
BS on the GTi if the guy brake launched it, you already lost. Traction Control +auto+torque=ownage but maybe he cant drive.

Old 11-22-2003, 10:09 AM   #9
R&DSVTZX5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1093
What I Drive: 2007 Nissan Sentra SER Spec V

FF Reputation: 1 R&DSVTZX5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)

"Why ask, when the answer you hear is not what you wish to hear, nor the answer you were seeking?"

Old 11-22-2003, 12:48 PM   #10
fokuzsport
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 418
What I Drive: Pitch black FoKuZ zx3

FF Reputation: 1 fokuzsport Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by awebb
Ok, last night at about 1:00 am a guy in a Mustang GT pulls up next to me at a stoplight. I figure, what the heck, maybe I can get him to light up the tires. So I rev at him, and, as predicted, he revs back. At this point, I’m just thinking, why bother; there is no way I can win. But I decide to go anyway. The light turns green and we both take off. I had a really good start, and he had kind of a crappy one (too much wheel spin) and I took him off the line. Obviously, he passes me fairly quickly, but all of a sudden, I hear a gigantic BOOM!!! The poor dude threw a piston right through his hood… Now that’s some scary sh@t.

bwahahha holy $hit

Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks