Official: Introducing Next Generation Ford Focus for 2012 - Page 73 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace



Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2010, 12:36 PM   #721
GhiaFan
Focus Addict
 
GhiaFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Fan#: 50498
Location: Tallinn Estonia
What I Drive: 2007 Panther Black Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT

Posts: 1,441
FF Reputation: 9 GhiaFan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkKnight614 View Post
Posted via FF Mobile In regular trim the center lcd display between the gauges will do whats stated above, trip, gear, etc. If you have my ford touch the guages will look a bit different, two lcds on the sides and speed in the middle. The left lcd does car stuff like showing the RPMs. The one on the right will contril sync, climate control, the radio, your phone etc. Im assuming myford touch will be somewhere around 2k.
Not sure if Ford will do the same as you stated above as was shown in the upcoming Edge and MKX with the MYFord/MyLincoln touch option.
I have a feeling the Focus will keep the same gauge set up and LCD screen
in between the speed and rpm gauges. At least that what I hope Ford decides with the Focus. I really dislike the speedo display design in the Edge and MKX, really downgrades the look.
GhiaFan is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-21-2010, 12:56 PM   #722
Kuru11
Focus Enthusiast
 
Kuru11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Fan#: 76075
Location: Philadelphia, PA
What I Drive: 2011 Blue Hyundai Sonata 2.0T

Posts: 125
FF Reputation: 1 Kuru11 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhiaFan View Post
Not sure if Ford will do the same as you stated above as was shown in the upcoming Edge and MKX with the MYFord/MyLincoln touch option.
I have a feeling the Focus will keep the same gauge set up and LCD screen
in between the speed and rpm gauges. At least that what I hope Ford decides with the Focus. I really dislike the speedo display design in the Edge and MKX, really downgrades the look.
That was my thought...

I think the dash pictured is the top-of-the-line, and the optioned out myford touch focus will only have two screens... that's why I was inquiring about the central LCD function...wondering if it was only the utilitarian lcd from the old/new base models or if it was integrated with the myford touch like one of the customizable side displays from the Edge/MKX.

Thoughts?
Kuru11 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 03:28 PM   #723
GhiaFan
Focus Addict
 
GhiaFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Fan#: 50498
Location: Tallinn Estonia
What I Drive: 2007 Panther Black Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT

Posts: 1,441
FF Reputation: 9 GhiaFan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuru11 View Post
That was my thought...

I think the dash pictured is the top-of-the-line, and the optioned out myford touch focus will only have two screens... that's why I was inquiring about the central LCD function...wondering if it was only the utilitarian lcd from the old/new base models or if it was integrated with the myford touch like one of the customizable side displays from the Edge/MKX.

Thoughts?
Seeing that both North American & European 2012 Focus shown with the MyFord Touch had the single LCD screen between the rpm & speedo gauges



I would be very very surprised if Ford does not keep this design.
GhiaFan is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:10 PM   #724
DrkKnight614
GO Green
 
DrkKnight614's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Fan#: 14522
Location: Long Island, NY, United States
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

Posts: 11,131
FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhiaFan View Post
Not sure if Ford will do the same as you stated above as was shown in the upcoming Edge and MKX with the MYFord/MyLincoln touch option.
I have a feeling the Focus will keep the same gauge set up and LCD screen
in between the speed and rpm gauges. At least that what I hope Ford decides with the Focus. I really dislike the speedo display design in the Edge and MKX, really downgrades the look.
Very true, and now that I think about it I like the Focus design much better.
__________________
My 2003 Ford Focus ZX3 - Finally realized it's a 4cyl
DrkKnight614 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:42 AM   #725
quikstang2
Focus Enthusiast
 
quikstang2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Fan#: 30436
Location: Pompano Beach, FL, FL
What I Drive: Ranger & SVO

Posts: 123
FF Reputation: 1 quikstang2 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
So the 2009 Fusion looks like a Camry, the 2010 Mustang looks like a retarded 599, 2011 is the last year for the Ranger, and the 2012 Focus looks like a Nissan humped a Lancer... I'm really not liking where Ford is going here.

Honestly though, just fix those tail lights and I'd be ok with it. Still a step up from the current one.
__________________
mike\m/
2000 Ranger XLT 2.5L/M5OD-R1, 1984 Mustang SVO (restore & sell), 1984 LTD Brougham wagon
quikstang2 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:52 AM   #726
Z_interactive
Focus Addict
 
Z_interactive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Fan#: 69219
Location: Zadar, Croatia
What I Drive: 2007 blue 1.6

Posts: 951
FF Reputation: 2 Z_interactive Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Damn people, did you see high res picture of 2012 Ford Focus Tyre?
The Euro MkII ST has 225/40 - 18' wheels, but this new MkIII focus in Geneva Motor show has 235/40 - 19' wheels.
So new BASIC (but highest trim level) focus has bigger wheels than previous ST! I can't wait to see new ST/RS Focus models, they are going to be SICK!

Here's link, picture weights 6 MB.

http://www.newfordfocusmedia.com/ass...s__highres.jpg
__________________
V8, 4.0 L, 420 hp, 6 speed manual, rear wheel drive, coupe, REDLINE AT 8400 rpm = 2007 BMW M3 E92 - new will be turbo, shame
Visit http://zinteractive-fordfocus.webs.com/ for all informations about ford focus! / UPDATED at 27/07/2012
Z_interactive is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:03 AM   #727
mmmoose
Bunneh Fanatic
 
mmmoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Fan#: 39963
Location: King of Prussia, PA
What I Drive: 2008 United Gray VW Rabbit

Posts: 2,187
FF Reputation: 9 mmmoose Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
18" wheels is ideal in most cases. 19" just adds unnecessary weight and is only done mostly for looks. That's why you typically only see them on concept cars.

Someone made an interesting comparison chart on it, using same car and same wheel brand (just different sizes). And even included stock 15" steelies, which surprisingly offered the highest 0-60 time (due to being LIGHTER than alloys), but not surprisingly the least lateral grip.
__________________
-Moose
mmmoose is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:06 AM   #728
daviel
Focus Enthusiast
 
daviel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Fan#: 75065
Location: Waxahachie, TX
What I Drive: 2004, silver 3 dr SVT

Posts: 50
FF Reputation: 1 daviel Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
So what is the word on a new SVT or performance Focus? Should one wait for the engine upgrades?
__________________
"...me and Del were singin' a little 'Runaway' -- I was flyin'."
daviel is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:32 AM   #729
Z_interactive
Focus Addict
 
Z_interactive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Fan#: 69219
Location: Zadar, Croatia
What I Drive: 2007 blue 1.6

Posts: 951
FF Reputation: 2 Z_interactive Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmoose View Post
18" wheels is ideal in most cases. 19" just adds unnecessary weight and is only done mostly for looks. That's why you typically only see them on concept cars.

Someone made an interesting comparison chart on it, using same car and same wheel brand (just different sizes). And even included stock 15" steelies, which surprisingly offered the highest 0-60 time (due to being LIGHTER than alloys), but not surprisingly the least lateral grip.
Yes, but the thing is, everyone today have 235/40 - 19'' wheels, even new vauxhall astra has those as optional extra. The point is new focus has highly tuned suspension which will use those big tyres for better grip, while astra will use them just to look good...
Here's a video of Astra VXR nurburgring edition understeers at wait for it......nurburgring and of course crashes.
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Also you have fifth gear comparison between that astra and stock 5 door focus ST and focus is faster and better to drive
__________________
V8, 4.0 L, 420 hp, 6 speed manual, rear wheel drive, coupe, REDLINE AT 8400 rpm = 2007 BMW M3 E92 - new will be turbo, shame
Visit http://zinteractive-fordfocus.webs.com/ for all informations about ford focus! / UPDATED at 27/07/2012
Z_interactive is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:13 PM   #730
Kuru11
Focus Enthusiast
 
Kuru11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Fan#: 76075
Location: Philadelphia, PA
What I Drive: 2011 Blue Hyundai Sonata 2.0T

Posts: 125
FF Reputation: 1 Kuru11 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_interactive View Post
Yes, but the thing is, everyone today have 235/40 - 19'' wheels, even new vauxhall astra has those as optional extra. The point is new focus has highly tuned suspension which will use those big tyres for better grip, while astra will use them just to look good...
Here's a video of Astra VXR nurburgring edition understeers at wait for it......nurburgring and of course crashes.
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Also you have fifth gear comparison between that astra and stock 5 door focus ST and focus is faster and better to drive
Can't really bust on a car that Americans have never seen :) All we can do is sort of nod along with you...
Kuru11 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:05 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.