Official: Introducing Next Generation Ford Focus for 2012 - Page 65 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-26-2010, 06:06 AM   #641
mmmoose
Bunneh Fanatic

Fan#: 39963
What I Drive: 2008 United Gray VW Rabbit

FF Reputation: 9 mmmoose Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
There you go, GhiaFan, now that's what I'm talking about! Sadly I think I like the styling of the MkII Focus Wagon more than the upcoming 2012 one though. :-(

I'm well aware that hatches and wagons can come in a nice stance. It's just that lately you can't find a whole lot of 'em here in the US, as a factory option. At least unless you want to pay for the most expensive sport trim model. Would it kill some companies to offer a nice low or mid-range, naturally aspirated car with a tight suspension? You guys have NO idea how lucky you are to have so many sport trim options. It's an extreme rarity here. :-)

I wasn't trying to bash Ford specifically either. Hell, to this day I think my old '02 ZX3 Focus with the SVT suspension upgrade was one of the best handling cars I've owned yet. I wasn't saying Audi or any of the other examples were vastly superior. To be honest I just did a random Google image search of "Sportwagon" and came up with those pics as an example. Some of you are looking too deeply into this. ;-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2010, 06:30 AM   #642
GhiaFan
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 50498
What I Drive: 2007 Panther Black Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT

FF Reputation: 12 GhiaFan Great Standing Member
Just having fun with you Moose. Heck I am from Canada and I owned 3 C170 Foci, so I know all about high riding Focus.

When I moved over here I have been totally blown away at how the difference in the Ford car company and what it serves up to its customers.

Heck I can pop down to my local Ford dealership and add a nice Eibach suspension lowering kit, or just a nice body kit.

I appears that Ford is truly working on becoming Ford Global and it won't surprise me to see Ford North America start offering up similar goodies, "if" your market appears to have an interest in such items.

And BTW I think when you see the 2012 Focus in the flesh or coming up behind you in the rearview mirror I have a feeling the looks with trump what we currently have on the roads both here and especially over there.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:08 AM   #643
Z_interactive
Focus Addict

Fan#: 69219
What I Drive: 2007 blue 1.6

FF Reputation: 2 Z_interactive Good Standing Member
Yep, it would be cool if ford gets really GLOBAL, these GhiaFan pics are just examples of EU MkII who knows what will MkIII have...
1. pic : The Ford Focus WRC-S
It is a series a Ford Focus Coupe S (3-door hatchback) 2,0 TDCi, limited 666 units, all of them for the Spanish market.
3. pic:The New Ford Focus X Road
• The new Ford Focus Wagon
• Limited edition of 300 units
• 1.8 16v 125 hp engine with transmission-green B-label
• Dutch debut during the 2009 AutoRAI
The new Focus X Road is a tough, striking Ford , based on the very well-equipped Focus Wagon Titanium. The X Road differs from the regular Focus by its robust sturdy black bodykit with front and rear bumpers and the black finish of the doors and side panels. These limited edition produced Focus X Road is powered by the 1.8-liter 125-hp engine and transmission on regular unleaded petrol and bio-ethanol can run. The Ford Focus X Road is a special, limited version of the sturdy and robust nature of the Focus more highlights. With its special bodykit with 'off-road look distinguishes it clearly from the normal Focus. The attractive 17 'alloy rims and black dakrelings to in Moondust Silver metaallak sprayed X Road fully.

Can't wait for MkIII versions of 3 door and other versions...
Old 05-27-2010, 09:27 AM   #644
GhiaFan
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 50498
What I Drive: 2007 Panther Black Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT

FF Reputation: 12 GhiaFan Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by focus11 View Post
Spoke with a gentleman today who works on the assembly line at the Ford Wayne Stamping & Assembly Plant who says that he will be moving to the newly refurbished/retooled Michigan Assembly Plant in September and that "full" production of the new, next-generation 2012 Focus begins in November. Looks like we're looking good for an on sale date of January 2011. I'm getting the 5 door hatchback in SE trim.

Michigan Assembly Plant manger Rob Webber said "By the end of this year, we will be building cars."

Posted: May 27, 2010
Old Ford truck plant gears up to build Focus
Michigan Assembly getting modernized
BY BRENT SNAVELY
FREE PRESS BUSINESS WRITER
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...te=fullarticle
Old 05-27-2010, 11:30 AM   #645
BigRedNole
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 74648
What I Drive: 2005 Cadillac STS

FF Reputation: 1 BigRedNole Good Standing Member
I am very interested in the new Focus. It would be very nice if Ford would come out with a statement within the next month or two. The pictures of the stitched, 2-tone interior looks awesome. MyFord Touch will be a huge factor for me. The next biggest thing is the 40 MPG on the highway (I don't know the actual, but they said "segment" leading). The exterior styling is far superior to the Chevy Cruz's carbon copy of other brands. I do not need EcoBoost unless it comes out on or near release date. My criteria is the following:

1. Safety
2. Great MPG
3. Styling (interior and exterior)
4. Features (MyFord Touch)
5. Ride comfort and noise
6. A decent and powerful speaker system (if there is an option like my STS, that will do. I am hoping for better).
Old 05-27-2010, 12:40 PM   #646
Colonel
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 12541
What I Drive: Nissan Maxima SE '01-- '91Toyota MR2 TTop

FF Reputation: 2 Colonel Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedNole View Post
I am very interested in the new Focus. It would be very nice if Ford would come out with a statement within the next month or two. The pictures of the stitched, 2-tone interior looks awesome. MyFord Touch will be a huge factor for me. The next biggest thing is the 40 MPG on the highway (I don't know the actual, but they said "segment" leading). The exterior styling is far superior to the Chevy Cruz's carbon copy of other brands. I do not need EcoBoost unless it comes out on or near release date. My criteria is the following:

1. Safety
2. Great MPG
3. Styling (interior and exterior)
4. Features (MyFord Touch)
5. Ride comfort and noise
6. A decent and powerful speaker system (if there is an option like my STS, that will do. I am hoping for better).
As long as the segment leading MPG is based on non-replaceables.

The Fusions segment leading MPG is based on low resistance rubber (only real difference between the S and SE/SEL..so forth). The tires to replace are expensive and handle poorly. I dont want a great MPG car that gets that kind of MPG based on just tires.

I am eagerly awaiting the Trim Level MPG break out as well as interior space specifications.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:27 PM   #647
mmmoose
Bunneh Fanatic

Fan#: 39963
What I Drive: 2008 United Gray VW Rabbit

FF Reputation: 9 mmmoose Good Standing Member
Aren't low resistance rubbers a bad idea? I mean... like... when you have to actually stop and stuff? I mean I definitely agree that fuel economy should be primarily based on the permanent/essential components of a car.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:41 PM   #648
Colonel
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 12541
What I Drive: Nissan Maxima SE '01-- '91Toyota MR2 TTop

FF Reputation: 2 Colonel Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmoose View Post
Aren't low resistance rubbers a bad idea? I mean... like... when you have to actually stop and stuff? I mean I definitely agree that fuel economy should be primarily based on the permanent/essential components of a car.
Not exactly sure on the extended physics of the matter. However I drove a low resistance rubber Fusion in the rain (rained for several days) and I would NOT put those tires on my car. So if Ford is betting on these tires, it would be a disappointment to me and my search would have to continue.

Cars I am looking at are:

1) F Focus 2012
2) T Corolla
3) F Fusion. Wife push as she thinks Focus might be to small.
4) T Camry.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:07 AM   #649
BigRedNole
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 74648
What I Drive: 2005 Cadillac STS

FF Reputation: 1 BigRedNole Good Standing Member
Right after I posted yesterday, I got an email from work for the Ford Partner Program. The 2010 Focus and Fusion are about $5000 off MSRP with the discount and incentives. I need to seriously look at that as an option.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:18 AM   #650
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Posted via FF Mobile even with 5k off the focus I would wait for the new one, its gonna be that much better. Not to mention 5k in rebates just hurt the value of the car anyway. Its not worth it, on the fusion yea thats a good deal bc the new one isnt coming out for two more years. But for the focus it is not.

Bookmarks & Social Networks