Official: Introducing Next Generation Ford Focus for 2012 - Page 63 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-24-2010, 06:57 PM   #621
'65 stang289
Focus Addict

Fan#: 48133
What I Drive: 2014 Focus ST2

FF Reputation: 9 '65 stang289 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
AND FOR THOSE WHO MIGHT HAVE MISSED IT..... AGAIN

I quote from the article above...

" At Geneva, Ford is also confirming that a global performance vehicle will be developed as part of the next-generation Focus range, and that it will be powered by a version of the 4-cylinder Ford EcoBoost engine family.

"We want to reassure enthusiasts of Focus performance models that we have a plan for them as well," Kuzak added. "Our commitment is to deliver an exciting performance model of the new Focus on a global basis and using a version of our advanced new Ford EcoBoost petrol direct-injection turbo engine. We're not ready to reveal more details yet, but we recognise how important this model will be in the Focus line-up, particularly for customers in Europe." "
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2010, 07:38 PM   #622
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Posted via FF Mobile Yes it has been posted, right after Geneva FFteam I believe did and a few others. Pretty awesome wagon right? If there's a market for it in a few years I'm sure ford will consider bringing it over, but as of right now there isn't enough to sell it.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:36 AM   #623
mmmoose
Bunneh Fanatic

Fan#: 39963
What I Drive: 2008 United Gray VW Rabbit

FF Reputation: 9 mmmoose Good Standing Member
Holy crap that wagon has a tall stance! That's seriously crossover territory right there. Same for the hatchback, which is really just a shortened wagon by the looks of it. Wish they'd go for a sportwagon look, and make the hatchback a 3-door instead. Blah...

The sedan still looks sexy though... which I thought I'd never say about a sedan Focus. Can't wait until they reveal pricing/options.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:22 AM   #624
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmoose View Post
Holy crap that wagon has a tall stance! That's seriously crossover territory right there. Same for the hatchback, which is really just a shortened wagon by the looks of it. Wish they'd go for a sportwagon look, and make the hatchback a 3-door instead. Blah...

The sedan still looks sexy though... which I thought I'd never say about a sedan Focus. Can't wait until they reveal pricing/options.

Posted via FF Mobile Moose, is there hidden dimensions in the picture or some reference that I don't see.....People keep
saying omg these foci look huge....arg. They aren't, the roof line is lower then the current focus and the stance is lower
too trust me. I saw the foci upclose at the NY autoshow and the new hatch is lower then mine.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:41 AM   #625
Colonel
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 12541
What I Drive: Nissan Maxima SE '01-- '91Toyota MR2 TTop

FF Reputation: 2 Colonel Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkKnight614 View Post
Posted via FF Mobile Moose, is there hidden dimensions in the picture or some reference that I don't see.....People keep
saying omg these foci look huge....arg. They aren't, the roof line is lower then the current focus and the stance is lower
too trust me. I saw the foci upclose at the NY autoshow and the new hatch is lower then mine.

Since you were in a market large enough to see a new focus, were you able to see inside to make an off comment on interior space in regards to the current model or was it on a platform off limits to the show goer?

I am just trying to get a grasp of interior space and there was one vague reference upteen pages ago that the interior specs would be "similiar" to the current model.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:57 AM   #626
mmmoose
Bunneh Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkKnight614 View Post
Well I'm not saying the thing is a behemoth. I was referring to its ground clearance/stance. I don't need dimensions to clearly see that it's lifted pretty high off the ground, not unlike most crossovers.

I guess you guys need a reference. Examples of sexy station wagons with a low stance: 1, 2, 3, 4

And okay... in their defense the term "sportwagon" isn't even mentioned. But in my opinion it would be a much sexier station wagon if they took some lessons from the above pics.

Old 05-25-2010, 10:00 AM   #627
Colonel
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
I guess you guys need a reference. Examples of sexy station wagons with a low stance: 1, 2, 3, 4
I have seen the Caddy in person. No way I would say that is close to the ground. Has to be picture dynamics.

Plus in the US from what I have read here if you dont like ride height you put new stuff on to get what you want. The average American wants a sloppy mushy no response ride. The rest of us tend to want our kidneys bruised...LOL!
Old 05-25-2010, 10:18 AM   #628
mmmoose
Bunneh Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
I have seen the Caddy in person. No way I would say that is close to the ground. Has to be picture dynamics.

Plus in the US from what I have read here if you dont like ride height you put new stuff on to get what you want. The average American wants a sloppy mushy no response ride. The rest of us tend to want our kidneys bruised...LOL!
Agreed. I mean it's nothing an aftermarket kit can't solve. But it would be nice to save my warranty, time, and money. I just like that some companies actually provide stiffer/lower rides while you buy their cars stock. It's very rare, especially in this country, but Mazda has proven that it's possible to sell such cars. As much as I hate how numb the 2010 Mazda3 feels, I love their low stance and sporty suspensions.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:21 AM   #629
Colonel
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Agreed. I mean it's nothing an aftermarket kit can't solve. But it would be nice to save my warranty, time, and money. I just like that some companies actually provide stiffer/lower rides while you buy their cars stock. It's very rare, especially in this country, but Mazda has proven that it's possible to sell such cars. As much as I hate how numb the Mazda3 feels, I love their low stance and sporty suspensions.
Yeah, I love driving my brothers 3. Not enough to really determine numb or not, but still a fun ride for the short runs I get to drive it. I am hoping that the new Focus will be something simliiar to it.

And protecting warranty is a good thing for sure. And youll notice where 3/4 of your examples came from ..
Old 05-25-2010, 11:03 AM   #630
GhiaFan
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 50498
What I Drive: 2007 Panther Black Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT

FF Reputation: 12 GhiaFan Great Standing Member
Quote:
Well I'm not saying the thing is a behemoth. I was referring to its ground clearance/stance. I don't need dimensions to clearly see that it's lifted pretty high off the ground, not unlike most crossovers.

And okay... in their defense the term "sportwagon" isn't even mentioned. But in my opinion it would be a much sexier station wagon if they took some lessons from the above pics.

SUV stance

You need to see the car in the flesh, but a test drive will surely change your perception.

Most people when they see my Focus wagon in pics think it sits high, but in the flesh and after they test drive the opinion is mucho different, especially fitted up to the very well done sport suspension. The MKII chassis is a road hugger and I am told the modifications to the MKIII chassis plus the lowering up the hip points is truly going to be hard to beat.

Maybe a person standing beside the wagon will give a better perception of height

It's a road eater for sure

Bookmarks & Social Networks