Official: Introducing Next Generation Ford Focus for 2012 - Page 59 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-24-2010, 07:33 AM   #581
milkweed
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 40906
What I Drive: 2007 ford focus zx3 red

Points 732, Level 14
Points: 732, Level: 14 Points: 732, Level: 14 Points: 732, Level: 14
Level Up 32% Completed
Level up: 32% Level up: 32% Level up: 32%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 milkweed Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by '65 stang289 View Post
wow... ppl do research. A GLOBAL performance model of the focus has been confirmed. Its been in every car magazine. Whether is going to be baged an RS,SVT, or ST is still up in the air but it will be global none the less
I'm well aware of the mention of the global platform and that they are bringing a performance model over, but then again I'm just reacting to how ford has done things in the past. i just have a feeling that we will receive an ST version while Europe will once again will get an high performance RS. that's why I said I am going to sit back and wait.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2010, 10:21 PM   #582
Sonicbluezx3
.....NObama.....

Fan#: 8674
What I Drive: 05 Sonic Blue ZX3

Points 11,221, Level 69
Points: 11,221, Level: 69 Points: 11,221, Level: 69 Points: 11,221, Level: 69
Level Up 93% Completed
Level up: 93% Level up: 93% Level up: 93%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 18 Sonicbluezx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
I like the hatch version best..
Old 04-25-2010, 07:22 AM   #583
BigRedNole
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 74648
What I Drive: 2005 Cadillac STS

FF Reputation: 1 BigRedNole Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I am new here and only came after researching getting a new car. I am not looking for high performance, but I can understand where many are coming from. I test drove a 2010 Focus because I pass the dealer every morning and they had a sign $5000 off the Focus (its a lie). Regardless, I did like how it felt and drove, but they argued about getting it past 50MPH due to rush hour.

For me the vehicle I purchase is primarily to commute to work. I was driving about 50 miles per day, now I will be driving over 100 miles per day. I get 20mpg now. I need to get something with much better mileage. I was looking at hybrids, other higher mpg cars. The Fusion is way over priced. The 2011 Hyundai Sonata, in my opinion only, was better than the Fusion and has better mpg than the Focus along with being a midsize.

Now, I do a little online research to find out about the 2012 Focus. If speculation is correct and this thing gets near 40 mpg on the highway, this is definitely an option. The 2010 Focus was not drastically smaller than the Sonata. With MyFord Touch, it would put the Focus way ahead. I will not buy a Japanese car. I had too many issues with them for over priced repairs on things that should be covered by Warranty and only allowing OEMs to build inferior parts.

I hope the 2012 Focus will be out in Jan/Feb of next year. This is when I will be looking to move into a new vehicle.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:00 AM   #584
Z_interactive
Focus Addict

Fan#: 69219
What I Drive: 2007 blue 1.6

FF Reputation: 2 Z_interactive Good Standing Member
Welcome, I think waiting for new Focus is great choice...
Old 04-26-2010, 06:54 AM   #585
Colonel
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 12541
What I Drive: Nissan Maxima SE '01-- '91Toyota MR2 TTop

FF Reputation: 2 Colonel Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedNole View Post
I hope the 2012 Focus will be out in Jan/Feb of next year. This is when I will be looking to move into a new vehicle.
Me too because that will give me time to see what "pops up" before I commit to buying in April/May timeframe. Ford seems to have a winner on their hands if they can execute like the Fusion or hopefully even better.

Also I am hoping they dont have the same paint quality issues that the Edge seems to have shown. Those being a too light color layer you can see the primer in many areas without opening doors. Also debris in the clear coat.

Here is to waiting to see something good!
Old 04-26-2010, 07:17 AM   #586
BigRedNole
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 74648
What I Drive: 2005 Cadillac STS

FF Reputation: 1 BigRedNole Good Standing Member
I am looking at all options right now. The plan with my current car was always to get rid of it when the certified warranty runs out. That was only solidified when the headlamp went out and to replace the bulb requires removing the front end. I am not a mechanic so I do not have the tools to do it myself. The Cadillac Dealer said it was part of the certified warranty and it would normally cost $500. That is for a bulb replacement. That was the day I truly realized that I should never buy luxury products. Only reason I did it was because of the deal, knowing I would only keep it two years, and we were not in a position to be able to deal with costly repairs on a beater.

A lot will happen for me by the time the new Focus comes out. I will finish Grad school, one car will be paid off, daycare payments will be gone ($350 + $800 + $700). Almost $2000 per month will feel like I just got a second income. My wife has made it clear that the next car I get will last at least 10 years. So, I need to make sure I get the car I want and that will be reliable.

The Focus is definitely one of the cars on the list. My employer is part of the Ford Partner program which will net me a little savings.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:58 AM   #587
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedNole View Post
I am new here and only came after researching getting a new car. I am not looking for high performance, but I can understand where many are coming from. I test drove a 2010 Focus because I pass the dealer every morning and they had a sign $5000 off the Focus (its a lie). Regardless, I did like how it felt and drove, but they argued about getting it past 50MPH due to rush hour.

For me the vehicle I purchase is primarily to commute to work. I was driving about 50 miles per day, now I will be driving over 100 miles per day. I get 20mpg now. I need to get something with much better mileage. I was looking at hybrids, other higher mpg cars. The Fusion is way over priced. The 2011 Hyundai Sonata, in my opinion only, was better than the Fusion and has better mpg than the Focus along with being a midsize.

First time I ever heard someone say the Fusion is way over priced....very confused. The new sonata is an excellent car. But sad to say if you think the fusion is overpriced you wot be able to afford a focus because one with my ford touch will most definitely be priced at well over 20k. Check out fiesta prices, expect comparable focus trim levels to be about 2 grand more.
Now, I do a little online research to find out about the 2012 Focus. If speculation is correct and this thing gets near 40 mpg on the highway, this is definitely an option. The 2010 Focus was not drastically smaller than the Sonata. With MyFord Touch, it would put the Focus way ahead. I will not buy a Japanese car. I had too many issues with them for over priced repairs on things that should be covered by Warranty and only allowing OEMs to build inferior parts.

Posted via FF Mobile
Old 04-26-2010, 01:06 PM   #588
mmmoose
Bunneh Fanatic

Fan#: 39963
What I Drive: 2008 United Gray VW Rabbit

FF Reputation: 9 mmmoose Good Standing Member
I'm waiting for Ford to update their website to list the pricing and options on the new Focus. Not that I'm in the market for a car right now, but it's definitely a huge tease to flash it around without giving any additional specific information about the car. I guess it helps keep the competition on their toes. But still... c'mon, Ford! You've got the Fiesta and Transit Connect down quickly... what's the holdup with the Focus? :-(
Old 05-01-2010, 11:57 PM   #589
nandalora
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 70601
What I Drive: -

FF Reputation: 1 nandalora Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmoose View Post
I'm waiting for Ford to update their website to list the pricing and options on the new Focus. Not that I'm in the market for a car right now, but it's definitely a huge tease to flash it around without giving any additional specific information about the car. I guess it helps keep the competition on their toes. But still... c'mon, Ford! You've got the Fiesta and Transit Connect down quickly... what's the holdup with the Focus? :-(
I'd rather they hold it up and make things right than just rush through it and cut corners! That being said, I have very high expectations for this car and don't want to be dissapointed.

-Nick
Current DD: '99 Black/MNB Contour SVT #901
Wife's DD: '07 Black Ford Edge SEL plus
Sold: '99 Black Cougar, 3.0L swap w/SVT goodies, HMS trans w/Quaife, and much much more!
Old 05-03-2010, 06:15 AM   #590
Z_interactive
Focus Addict

Fan#: 69219
What I Drive: 2007 blue 1.6

FF Reputation: 2 Z_interactive Good Standing Member
^^likewise

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.