Official: Introducing Next Generation Ford Focus for 2012 - Page 55 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-28-2010, 03:31 PM   #541
Drag Limited
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 72442
What I Drive: 2001 Saturn SC1

FF Reputation: 1 Drag Limited Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I am expecting the ecoboost option to be a 1.6 turbo for a mid-range high mpg setup. That will produce plenty of power for what this car is and for who will buy it. For the few FF sports car fans out there I also expect them to release the car with the 2.0 ecoboost soon after the initial launch but that is all just my hunch.
2001 Saturn SC1 Beater for work
Looking for a toy with boost!
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2010, 07:39 PM   #542
evanjfrancis
Focus Addict

Fan#: 58870
What I Drive: 2001 Toreador Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 11 evanjfrancis Great Standing Member
well, quite frankly...i hate it. won't be buying a new focus, id still rather have an 01 svt
Old 01-31-2010, 02:19 AM   #543
rhgop08
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 59315
What I Drive: Black Number 1

Points 190, Level 3
Points: 190, Level: 3 Points: 190, Level: 3 Points: 190, Level: 3
Level Up 80% Completed
Level up: 80% Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 rhgop08 Good Standing Member
I am a sedan fan usually, but not on this platform. The hatch looks a hell of a lot better. Otherwise for the most part ford got it right
Old 01-31-2010, 04:53 AM   #544
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

Points 25,851, Level 96
Points: 25,851, Level: 96 Points: 25,851, Level: 96 Points: 25,851, Level: 96
Level Up 51% Completed
Level up: 51% Level up: 51% Level up: 51%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Posted via FF Mobile You mean an 02 svt. So weird a lot of people are saying th sedan looks better. I do and im a hatch fan. Both are great but that sedan is tight. Anyway just heard some important news.

Motor Trend says this focus will be 110 lbs lighter then the chevy cruze even with all the new stuff in it. Which is awesome bc the cruze is just under 2900lbs so we looking at a curb weight of somewhere in the 2700 range, which is pretty much close to our us focus and a bit lighter then the mkii. I was so afraid it was going to be 3k lbs. So pretty much with the NA 2.0 we cam expect similar performance as an Svt and St of the US which for a base car is not bad. Im still looking forward to seeing what powershift can do and how it compares to the manual, but i think we got a ways before any mags get a hold of a production car. Also MT said the 1.6l ecoboost will come shortly.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:40 PM   #545
wickedgreyzx3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 34204
What I Drive: 2006 ZX3 Liquid Grey

FF Reputation: 17 wickedgreyzx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Finally Ford got it right here in N.A. and to think just a couple weeks ago I was signing ford credit papers at a dealership for 2010 sedan when I got the text alert.

Now do I want a 12 Focus or 11 Fiesta. Oh, the choices. I'd still rock a
Taurus SHO though.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:41 PM   #546
Peregrine
I.S.A.I.K.I.

Fan#: 6009
What I Drive: '03 CD Silver SVT, '11 Mazda CX-9

FF Reputation: 112 Peregrine Excellent Standing Member Peregrine Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
A few quotes from Autoblog regarding a Hybrid Focus RS possibly making an appearance in three years:

"If you're the type that likes to save fuel while scorching asphalt, you'll like the rumored inclusion of a hybrid powertrain centering on Ford's 2.0-liter Ecoboost four cylinder. That boosted mill would reportedly drive the front wheels while an electric motor would send torque to the rear, resulting in an all-wheel drive arrangement, estimated 0-60 run of (again) five seconds and a top speed of 155 miles per hour.

Interestingly, AE reports that this is the same powertrain Peugeot used in its SR1 concept, and the French automaker is said to have co-developed the hybrid drivetrain with Ford. We won't know whether or not any of this is accurate for quite some time, as the car reportedly won't be ready for another three years, but a 240-horsepower Ecoboost Focus ST may be on the way within the next 18 months. We'll see..."

The other quote speaking of the 2.0 Ecoboost slated for the revised Ford Edge...

"The 2.0-liter EcoBoost that The Detroit News promises is coming in the substantially refreshed Edge is said to be as powerful as a 3.0-liter V6. We'll take that to mean about 240 or so horsepower. Sure, that's not a very exciting power figure in the Edge, but it will probably make for some sexy fuel economy figures. And just image how thrilling this news will be when the 2.0-liter EcoBoost Focus comes out? Or, Mulally willing, an EcoBoosted Fiesta! Even a Fusion with this new motor (and a manual transmission) would be very, very welcome. We should know much more next week in Chicago."

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/02/02/r...ng-to-chicago/
Old 02-04-2010, 08:53 AM   #547
Tantalus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 47203
What I Drive: 2005 CD Silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 48 Tantalus Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
While nothing is confirmed by Ford, that is at least very interesting!
Quaife ATB Differential, Exedy Stg II Clutch/Flywheel
Coming soon...
Old 02-07-2010, 05:17 PM   #548
colbydanieri
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 66447
What I Drive: 2003 Silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 colbydanieri Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Front looks amazing!!! I hate the tail lights on the hatch back. Why don't they make a 3-door hatch? Love the 5-lug pattern. Rear disc brakes! Sedan looks like a toned-down Taurus SHO. Interior blows any past Focus interior away.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:19 PM   #549
Storm

Fan#: 1429
What I Drive: 2002 Focus Mach Audio ZTS Liq. Gray

FF Reputation: 1 Storm Good Standing Member
Will seriously talk the wife into trading our ZTS Mach Audio sedan in on one of these, especially if there will be special model.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:26 AM   #550
FOCU5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 73064
What I Drive: 2003 Black ZX5

FF Reputation: 2 FOCU5 Good Standing Member
I look forward to it and I'm sure it's going to be an awesome car. But it just seems as if Ford is following the path laid down by the Mazda 3. Down to the styling and engine. That just doesn't seem like the Focus way. But I'm hoping it'll grow on me.

I find the front styling very generic. The rear end is at least unique. The interior is pretty cool. I'm curious how it's going to be received by the press.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.