Official: Introducing Next Generation Ford Focus for 2012 - Page 46 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-14-2010, 11:27 AM   #451
Tantalus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 47203
What I Drive: 2005 CD Silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 48 Tantalus Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
^^ Thank you, all the articles I've read have said 6 Sp manual. I will take the word of a Ford guy vs reporters anyday though.
Quaife ATB Differential, Exedy Stg II Clutch/Flywheel
Coming soon...
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2010, 11:51 AM   #452
Peregrine
I.S.A.I.K.I.

Fan#: 6009
What I Drive: '03 CD Silver SVT, '11 Mazda CX-9

FF Reputation: 112 Peregrine Excellent Standing Member Peregrine Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
I'm wondering if running a twin-VCT setup would eliminate the need of a DSI like the SVT, or, how Ti-VCT, a DSI, and DI would all work together.....hmmmm
Old 01-14-2010, 01:12 PM   #453
GhiaFan
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 50498
What I Drive: 2007 Panther Black Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT

Points 8,893, Level 63
Points: 8,893, Level: 63 Points: 8,893, Level: 63 Points: 8,893, Level: 63
Level Up 48% Completed
Level up: 48% Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Forum Activity 8%
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%
FF Reputation: 12 GhiaFan Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Ti-VCT is a great addition, makes for great powerband, and strong torque through the powerband I love it in my wee 1.6L. In my 2002 Focus wagon I have the 1.6L without the Ti-VCT and the difference in performance is night and day. You guys will love the 2.0L DI Ti-VCT

Anyways a little history of Focus debuts and when ST & RS variants were released.

• 1998 – Focus production begins at Germany’s Saarlouis Assembly Plant (August) as a MY2009

• 2000 – Focus introduced in North American markets, wins “North American Car of the Year” as a MY2000

• 2002 – Introduction of first performance models, in North America as an SVT model and in Europe as the Focus ST170. First Focus RS model is also introduced in Europe

• 2004 – Production begins of second-generation Ford Focus in Saarlouis as a MY2005

• 2005 – North American Focus receives fresh exterior, new interior – first major redesign

• 2005 – Focus ST production kickoff in Europe (October)

• 2007 – Last year for Focus hatchback and wagon in North American markets

• 2007 – New Focus introduced in North America (October). Two models available: Sedan and, for the first time, a Focus Coupe. Popular SYNCŪ in-vehicle communications system launched

• 2008 – Major facelift of Focus in Europe, introducing kinetic design exterior and new interior

• 2009 – Production of a new limited-edition Focus RS – the highest-performance road-going Focus ever – begins in Europe

• 2010 – World preview of the next-generation Focus at the North American International Auto Show (January)

Now if history repeats itself and the way the economy is, my feeling is the ST variant will debut 6-8 months after inital launch and another RS will debut for MY2016. It seems the RS will show its face with 2 years left of the current production cycle. And I am very confident that the gained interest from the North American market will give Ford N.A. the business case to sell the ST in North America, plus a big plus this time around is that North America will be producing the MKIII and will not have to jump through all the hoops to certify it for the N.A. market.

Oh and I forgot to mention the success of the current limited production RS should bode well for a positive business case in the future. Did you know that Ford's original plans were to produce a total of 1,200 units of the Focus RS hot hatch for the German market.However, due to the unexpectedly high demand for the company's fastest-ever European model, Ford has decided to build an additional run of 400 copies of the 305-horsepower strong Focus RS exclusively for Germany, thus increasing the total number of cars allocated to the country to 1,600 units. Ford pretty much made it clear that this is a one-off decision and there won't be any more Focus RS built after this last batch of cars as of November 2009.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:47 PM   #454
Peregrine
I.S.A.I.K.I.

Fan#: 6009
What I Drive: '03 CD Silver SVT, '11 Mazda CX-9

FF Reputation: 112 Peregrine Excellent Standing Member Peregrine Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
Does appear to be a trending pattern throughout the years. Thanks for the info!
Old 01-14-2010, 03:27 PM   #455
bryantest
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 72040
What I Drive: Focus 5 door (used to drive)

FF Reputation: 4 bryantest Good Standing Member
155 hp and 145 torque?

WWWWOOOOOOWWWWW

Even thought it's clearly not "performance" figures..that's still gonna make the standard engine a BAD ASS MOFO on the road!!

Old 01-14-2010, 03:42 PM   #456
Z_interactive
Focus Addict

Fan#: 69219
What I Drive: 2007 blue 1.6

FF Reputation: 2 Z_interactive Good Standing Member
They say :
2.0 L naturally aspirated 155-160 hp
1.6 L ECOBOOST 150 hp
2.0 L ECOBOOST 200 hp

my problem is, here in croatia drivers who are under 24 years old can't drive cars more powerful than 75kW (102 hp)!!!! Yes, 102 hp !!!

I don't know what will they do for east europe market, engines line - 80 to 120 hp.

I would like more if they could upgrade current 1.6, (better materials and new ECU but engine could stay at 100 hp- and car would be really cheap) than new Ecoboost 1.0 or 1.2 L with 89 to 120 hp.

Do you know any car currently sold in USA that have less than 140 hp? or at least less than funny 102hp?
Old 01-14-2010, 03:57 PM   #457
mjd4277
King of all blacks!!

Fan#: 64900
What I Drive: 2013 Fusion SE,2012 Fiat 500 Abarth

FF Reputation: 7 mjd4277 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_interactive View Post
Do you know any car currently sold in USA that have less than 140 hp? or at least less than funny 102hp?
There's a few with less than 140 H.P. and at least one with less than 102 H.P.
2003 Nissan Frontier SVE "Trailbreaker"
Team Duratec #241-Bailout Money?!?! WTF is that??
Old 01-14-2010, 05:14 PM   #458
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I was trying to make a levelheaded point.

I would love boost and a performance model just as much as anyone else on this board. To start posting up "I wish it had this" or "why didn't it come with that" is not the realistic approach.

So until then, I will enjoy my SVT until those days come. I'm not obligated to buying Foci only, but I have some faith that a credible street variant will be out within a year or so. I can wait it out and so can everyone else.

This "do it now" attitude here flat out sucks.
Can't agree more...I was hoping to get into a new car this year or next year, but even that doesn't look like its happening...finding a job sucks. So it might turn out that my car will be 10 years old before I get a new one...which is not bad, def alot longer then I thought I'd keep it. But for me, it'll be worth the wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalus View Post
For those of you wondering about a manual transmission, EVERY article and bit of information I have read has mentioned a 6 SPEED MANUAL as well as the dry-clutch 6 speed PowerShift transmission.

Not sure where you guys are getting 5 speeds from. Ford is going 6 speed with everything in an effort to raise fuel mileage.
Yea its a 6spd, and this time the 6spd is optional, which it should be anyway b/c automatics sell far far more then the manual so it doesn't make sense to have to pay more. Of course, just b/c the auto is standard, doesn't mean the manual will cost any amount extra at all. But I'm happy about this, b/c now I won't have to pay like 1000 dollars for powershift lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Understood. IF one really wanted a real pocket rocket Focus, one would wait it out.

Mullaly has a whole new goal in mind for today. I'm sure the man would've started offering us the RS/ST years ago, if it were justifiable (is that a real word? lol). With the economy the way it was, NO ONE was going to benefit from the decision. Now I'm not saying that the economy is getting any better, but you can sure as hell slap a $100 bill on the table and claim that Ford is going to straighten out before the recession does.
Agreed, Millaly has great things in store, and if they could of we would of had better foci and a performance version before. But really they did what they could in such a short time...some people still don't see that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantest View Post
155 hp and 145 torque?

WWWWOOOOOOWWWWW

Even thought it's clearly not "performance" figures..that's still gonna make the standard engine a BAD ASS MOFO on the road!!

Yea for the base engine that is pretty good, only a few cars have similar power or more as the base engine...VW Golf and....can't think of any lol. Non of them are putting that much out with a 2.0L. And non of them will be getting 40mpg hwy.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:57 AM   #459
turbovation
all grown up

Fan#: 29834
What I Drive: 2006 Toyota tacoma work truck

Points 11,191, Level 69
Points: 11,191, Level: 69 Points: 11,191, Level: 69 Points: 11,191, Level: 69
Level Up 86% Completed
Level up: 86% Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 7 turbovation Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantest View Post
155 hp and 145 torque?

WWWWOOOOOOWWWWW

....riiiight
Old 01-15-2010, 03:38 AM   #460
Tom
FF Founder

Fan#: 2
What I Drive: 2005 Saleen ZX3 SES Turbo

Points 84,917, Level 100
Points: 84,917, Level: 100 Points: 84,917, Level: 100 Points: 84,917, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 60 Tom Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Added unveiling video to first post.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.