Official: Introducing Next Generation Ford Focus for 2012 - Page 45 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-14-2010, 09:02 AM   #441
kylesvt720
NeedsMoarEverything

Fan#: 51359
What I Drive: 2006 Saabaru "The Unicorn"

Points 10,720, Level 68
Points: 10,720, Level: 68 Points: 10,720, Level: 68 Points: 10,720, Level: 68
Level Up 68% Completed
Level up: 68% Level up: 68% Level up: 68%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 17 kylesvt720 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkKnight614 View Post
Haha seriously, def should of waited for a 2011 mustang, much better tansmission and engine. The 4.0 is god awful.

And kyle wish i could of got to this sooner before you went on for three pages spewing lies . The fusions is not going to be replaced by the mondeo, simply all thats happening is the parts and platform of the new one will be global with the mondeo and prob a few others. Itll still have the fusion name plate. And i love the new fusion i think it looks hot epsecially the sport model. Btw welcome back Carrera.
Posted via FF Mobile
That's what I meant, it'll still be called the Fusion, but will essentially be a Mondeo.

ST CREW #107 / TEAM DURATEC #93 / D23 Crew #3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2010, 09:37 AM   #442
Carrera26
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12237
What I Drive: 2005 Mazda3 2.3/2003 VW Passat GLX

FF Reputation: 2 Carrera26 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Two, have any of you stopped your incessant bitching for a second to think what Ford's mission here? FUEL ECONOMY. Ford has a goal to push the Focus as a leader in class, emissions, MPGs....etc. That is what is going to drive sales that will lead into a performance model down the road.

Just think, if Ford introduced the Focus at NAIAS with a more performance oriented version, Focus owners that don't give two shits about people like us in this forum would probably be left in the dark. Those buyers outnumber us by far here, so that's where the target sales are. Ford has to please the majority of normal daily drivers first, and they outweigh us by the dozen.

Have some patience and at least be somewhat optimistic.

I agree with this. Like I said, if I were the Ford product manager making the decisions I probably would have made the same ones. Ford isn't in the business of catering strictly to gear-heads, and thank god too because that means that they would be out of business. I think that we sometimes forget this because in our own little like-minded community we get the impression that what matters most to us matters to everyone else.

I just try to remember that a million automatic SPI's paid for the SVT's development, the Cayenne paid for the Carrera GT, the Golf pays for the GTI, etc etc. The best thing that can happen for the compact blue-oval fan right now is the perfect Focus for everyone else, and a resulting hefty budget for later "halo" models.

Although I still think they'll go in the "more is more" direction than "less is more", because even among the gearhead buying populace the Autocrossing geek who would gladly trade turbos and AWD for light weight and perfect balance are few and far between. But I guess that's my problem to deal with, eh?
Don't waste another minute waiting on parts, or anything else. Just get out there and start racing! You will suck at first, and you will be slower than many other cars, but the only thing you will regret is not starting earlier...
Old 01-14-2010, 09:53 AM   #443
Peregrine
I.S.A.I.K.I.

Fan#: 6009
What I Drive: '03 CD Silver SVT, '11 Mazda CX-9

FF Reputation: 112 Peregrine Excellent Standing Member Peregrine Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
I was trying to make a levelheaded point.

I would love boost and a performance model just as much as anyone else on this board. To start posting up "I wish it had this" or "why didn't it come with that" is not the realistic approach.

So until then, I will enjoy my SVT until those days come. I'm not obligated to buying Foci only, but I have some faith that a credible street variant will be out within a year or so. I can wait it out and so can everyone else.

This "do it now" attitude here flat out sucks.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:10 AM   #444
Tantalus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 47203
What I Drive: 2005 CD Silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 48 Tantalus Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
For those of you wondering about a manual transmission, EVERY article and bit of information I have read has mentioned a 6 SPEED MANUAL as well as the dry-clutch 6 speed PowerShift transmission.

Not sure where you guys are getting 5 speeds from. Ford is going 6 speed with everything in an effort to raise fuel mileage.
Quaife ATB Differential, Exedy Stg II Clutch/Flywheel
Coming soon...
Old 01-14-2010, 10:15 AM   #445
Tantalus
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I was trying to make a levelheaded point.

I would love boost and a performance model just as much as anyone else on this board. To start posting up "I wish it had this" or "why didn't it come with that" is not the realistic approach.
Touche. If you guys want to complain about it, send an INTELLIGENT e-mail to Ford. Bitching here and acting like 5 year old children throwing temper tantrums and 'threatening' not to buy is going to get you nowhere- if Ford happened upon this thread looking for input on their new vehicles they wouldn't make it past the second page, what with all the bitching and moaning, arguments, and downright rudeness.

If you think Ford SHOULD do something (i.e. Offer a performance variant right off the bat), give a legitimate reason besides "I WANT ONEEEEEE". If you have information, and sound reasoning to back it up I am sure someone at Ford will be interested to hear it.
Coming soon...
Old 01-14-2010, 10:16 AM   #446
azdamay
Titular Wit Here

Fan#: 27396
What I Drive: 2004 GTO, 1986 Civic Si, 2010 TC

FF Reputation: 8 azdamay Good Standing Member
Some of you must have infinite patience. I'm a pretty patient person myself, and if what I really wanted was an ST/SVT/RS version of this new Focus, I would wait for it (and that would be the only version I would want).

But I get what those who are complaining about the lack of a performance version are after. The rest of the world has had a "better" Focus for years, and they've had various performance models during that time as well. Meanwhile we've had nothing since the SVT unless you count the North American ST. So for us here in this part of the world, it feels like we've already been waiting forever for this car as we endured year after year of mediocre refreshes to the same old car. So for it to finally, finally, finally make a debut and then we find the best on offer is a ho-hum commuter powertrain, is sort of disappointing. Sure, when you look at it from the other-side-of-the-pond perspective, this is the new version that just came out and it takes time to develop a performance model, but from our end, we've been waiting for so long it seems like it should debut with that performance model all ready to go. Does that make sense?
Old 01-14-2010, 10:18 AM   #447
Peregrine
I.S.A.I.K.I.

FF Reputation: 112 Peregrine Excellent Standing Member Peregrine Excellent Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrera26 View Post
I agree with this. Like I said, if I were the Ford product manager making the decisions I probably would have made the same ones. Ford isn't in the business of catering strictly to gear-heads, and thank god too because that means that they would be out of business. I think that we sometimes forget this because in our own little like-minded community we get the impression that what matters most to us matters to everyone else.

I just try to remember that a million automatic SPI's paid for the SVT's development, the Cayenne paid for the Carrera GT, the Golf pays for the GTI, etc etc. The best thing that can happen for the compact blue-oval fan right now is the perfect Focus for everyone else, and a resulting hefty budget for later "halo" models.

Although I still think they'll go in the "more is more" direction than "less is more", because even among the gearhead buying populace the Autocrossing geek who would gladly trade turbos and AWD for light weight and perfect balance are few and far between. But I guess that's my problem to deal with, eh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalus View Post
Touche. If you guys want to complain about it, send an INTELLIGENT e-mail to Ford. Bitching here and acting like 5 year old children throwing temper tantrums and 'threatening' not to buy is going to get you nowhere- if Ford happened upon this thread looking for input on their new vehicles they wouldn't make it past the second page, what with all the bitching and moaning, arguments, and downright rudeness.

If you think Ford SHOULD do something (i.e. Offer a performance variant right off the bat), give a legitimate reason besides "I WANT ONEEEEEE". If you have information, and sound reasoning to back it up I am sure someone at Ford will be interested to hear it.

Good job guys for bringing this thread back down to earth!
Old 01-14-2010, 10:25 AM   #448
Peregrine
I.S.A.I.K.I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdamay View Post
Some of you must have infinite patience. I'm a pretty patient person myself, and if what I really wanted was an ST/SVT/RS version of this new Focus, I would wait for it (and that would be the only version I would want).

But I get what those who are complaining about the lack of a performance version are after. The rest of the world has had a "better" Focus for years, and they've had various performance models during that time as well. Meanwhile we've had nothing since the SVT unless you count the North American ST. So for us here in this part of the world, it feels like we've already been waiting forever for this car as we endured year after year of mediocre refreshes to the same old car. So for it to finally, finally, finally make a debut and then we find the best on offer is a ho-hum commuter powertrain, is sort of disappointing. Sure, when you look at it from the other-side-of-the-pond perspective, this is the new version that just came out and it takes time to develop a performance model, but from our end, we've been waiting for so long it seems like it should debut with that performance model all ready to go. Does that make sense?
Understood. IF one really wanted a real pocket rocket Focus, one would wait it out.

Mullaly has a whole new goal in mind for today. I'm sure the man would've started offering us the RS/ST years ago, if it were justifiable (is that a real word? lol). With the economy the way it was, NO ONE was going to benefit from the decision. Now I'm not saying that the economy is getting any better, but you can sure as hell slap a $100 bill on the table and claim that Ford is going to straighten out before the recession does.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:38 AM   #449
Tantalus
Focus Addict

Those of you complaining about the new 2.0L engine, it's not just another 2.0 Duratec with a little more pep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself from FJ

While the 2.0L engine is expected to make that 155 hp, it's going to feel like more than that. They've found ways to reduce friction throughout the pulley drive system, there is no longer the friction from a power steering pulley, and they've reduced the reciprocating mass significantly. The more precise air/fuel metering from the DI system is going to allow this 2.0 engine to rev quicker and more freely, and it's going to produce more power throughout the powerband. It should also respond very well to a tune, and the basic 'bolt on' mods.
Not to mention the Twin Independent-Variable Camshaft Timing (Ti-VCT), which allows even greater flexibility for this engine. 155 hp out of this engine? Thats a bunch of crap, with these advancements it should make significantly more than that with very little work. Just be patient...Ford is definitely going in the right direction, and I have the utmost confidence that they won't forget about their enthusiasts.
Coming soon...
Old 01-14-2010, 10:51 AM   #450
Z_interactive
Focus Addict

Fan#: 69219
What I Drive: 2007 blue 1.6

FF Reputation: 2 Z_interactive Good Standing Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjmyTw0JS0k
The ford story video, guy says speed manual is optional!

Bookmarks & Social Networks