Official: Introducing Next Generation Ford Focus for 2012 - Page 36 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-12-2010, 03:05 PM   #351
kylesvt720
NeedsMoarEverything

Fan#: 51359
What I Drive: 2006 Saabaru "The Unicorn"

FF Reputation: 17 kylesvt720 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DueceCoupe View Post
I agree,many are confused,But:
Even if its no RS or ST anywhere for the MK3....it still sucks that no performance version was offered,yet.
But that's not what gets me.
Its just to me,not a flattering design.
Maybe Im just stuck on the body style up till 07?
I didn't like the direction they took it in after that,and like this decision even less.
To me its almost like they Don't know what to do with the Focus now.
What started as a econo box,sporty affordable platform is now being replaced with the Fiesta and the Focus is somehow falling in around the Fusion....
Just Do not like this new direction.
You contradict yourself. The current Focus in Europe which offers the ST and RS, is considered nicer than a GTI. You say you want that, a more expensive nicer car, but then you immediately say you want a cheaper car like the 07' U.S. version. You simply cannot have both.

ST CREW #107 / TEAM DURATEC #93 / D23 Crew #3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2010, 03:15 PM   #352
zetecDon
Where am I?

Fan#: 62506
What I Drive: 02 ZX3, 02 MX-5

FF Reputation: 28 zetecDon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (45)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichSVT View Post
Focus Fanatics complaining about what they don't like on the new Focus isn't going to persuade FoMoCo to change this globally-equal vehicle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkKnight614 View Post
Posted via FF Mobile Everyone does realize that this is the mext generation fous and the rs is the previous generation and will be discontinued as what it is when the mkiii comes out. I feel as if some people are alittle confused...this new focus is the globes new focus, not just the United States...as of right now everyone has the same one no one has an st or an rs. Again this is not just the new american focus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DueceCoupe View Post
I agree,many are confused,But:
Even if its no RS or ST anywhere for the MK3....it still sucks that no performance version was offered,yet.
But that's not what gets me.
Its just to me,not a flattering design.
Maybe Im just stuck on the body style up till 07?
I didn't like the direction they took it in after that,and like this decision even less.
To me its almost like they Don't know what to do with the Focus now.
What started as a econo box,sporty affordable platform is now being replaced with the Fiesta and the Focus is somehow falling in around the Fusion....
Just Do not like this new direction.
Agree with you completely on this Mich. I don't think that most people realize how many Focus have been sold worldwide. I am sure that the amount of people on here that post consistently make up less than .1% of the market. To me it is not economical nor practical for Ford to make a "sportier" version for the small minority of buyers. And remember, we may have to wait at least 2 years before they come out with a sportier version of what we are going to get. They didn't bring the RS out until 2000 in Europe which was 2 years after it was introduced in Europe and we didn't get the SVT until 2002 which was 2 years after it's North American introduction. If you ask me they haven't really given out all the engine options possible and they did give the green light on the Ecoboost but that was for other Ford cars and not directly pointed at the Focus. But then again we never know what Ford may decide to do before it begins production.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:42 PM   #353
VaderX
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 50817
What I Drive: 2012 Hatch, 03 ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 VaderX Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I dont think this is an attractive angle.

Dang thing has holster hips.

Midwest Crew Member #33

Last edited by VaderX; 01-12-2010 at 04:32 PM. Reason: typo/grammer corrections
Old 01-12-2010, 03:57 PM   #354
Z_interactive
Focus Addict

Fan#: 69219
What I Drive: 2007 blue 1.6

FF Reputation: 2 Z_interactive Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The current MkII (euro) doesn't look better eather, but who cares...
Old 01-12-2010, 04:10 PM   #355
Darthenstein
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 63587
What I Drive: 2009 Ford Focus SES

FF Reputation: 4 Darthenstein Good Standing Member
I, for one, LOVE the new Focus. I could tell you why, but let me just say that it is AWESOME. It looks like it is chisled out of granite, the strength and masculinity of the body work tells that it is the work of not an engineer, but a sculptor. Once inside the interior, the electronics reassure me that I shall not feel any quip or qualm of the driving experience, nay for the torque and steering feedback that shall tell me of the BALLS this car has. This car, this good thing. While behind the wheel the car shall not bitch once of what I wish to do it, for the engineer has built and rebuilt every piece that shall please my foot, hand, and butt. I will not feel cold, I will not feel warm, I will only look cool or hot, as the car shall be tuned as I damn well please. Yay, I pledge every ounce of strength to Ford to build this car, this good thing.

Ford: Taurus ('91, 01) Focus ('09); Mercury: Sable ('95); Dodge: Neon ('95); Trek: 1000SL ('07) Yamaha: VStar 650 ('03)
Old 01-12-2010, 04:47 PM   #356
dtecPwr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 54622
What I Drive: 2003 Comp Orange SVT 3 door #2176

FF Reputation: 2 dtecPwr Good Standing Member
love the sedan, not so much for the 5door...
would love to have a 3-door hatch either SVT or RS
Old 01-12-2010, 04:57 PM   #357
MichSVT
You like this.

Fan#: 49693
What I Drive: 2005 Mazda RX-8, 99 Jeep TJ

FF Reputation: 5 MichSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
besides, most of these "FAILS" involves the appearance of the car. In any case, it looks LEAGUES, major leagues better than the 2008-2010 Focus

Also, if you want a cheap economy car these days, you can still get a Hyundai/Kia/Aveo. The Focus is moving upmarket for better or worse
|_|.............|_|
Old 01-12-2010, 05:00 PM   #358
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetecDon View Post
Agree with you completely on this Mich. I don't think that most people realize how many Focus have been sold worldwide. I am sure that the amount of people on here that post consistently make up less than .1% of the market. To me it is not economical nor practical for Ford to make a "sportier" version for the small minority of buyers. And remember, we may have to wait at least 2 years before they come out with a sportier version of what we are going to get. They didn't bring the RS out until 2000 in Europe which was 2 years after it was introduced in Europe and we didn't get the SVT until 2002 which was 2 years after it's North American introduction. If you ask me they haven't really given out all the engine options possible and they did give the green light on the Ecoboost but that was for other Ford cars and not directly pointed at the Focus. But then again we never know what Ford may decide to do before it begins production.
Exactly, and production doesn't begin till the end of the year. Also even if we haven't heard an official word from Ford whether an ecoboost engine has been green lighted for the Focus in any market, we have heard that it has been for other C-segment cars based off the platform of the focus. Both Cmax's, the C-max and Grand C-max are due to get the 2.0L ecoboost turbo.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:13 PM   #359
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichSVT View Post
besides, most of these "FAILS" involves the appearance of the car. In any case, it looks LEAGUES, major leagues better than the 2008-2010 Focus

Also, if you want a cheap economy car these days, you can still get a Hyundai/Kia/Aveo. The Focus is moving upmarket for better or worse
At the same time even these cheaper econo cars are moving upmarket. Hyundai is trickling its way down its line-up and I'm interested in seeing what they do with the Accent or whatever their C segmant car is going to be. Kia's forte is actually a pretty good car, especially for the money. Its not the best but they did a wonderful job on it and its not like any kia you have been in before. It's getting lots of praise from car enthusiasts and journalists. The Aveo is even moving upmarket as the next one will be close to the size of the Cobalt and rumor is Chevy is going to get a car to slot under that. Even the koreans are moving up market. The only way your going to get a new car for like 12k which alot of us were used too, is if you get some rebates...which I'm sure they'll be a moment where you can get a brand new Fiesta for 12k, or if the Chinese start selling cars here...they'll be the new koreans.

The average price of cars is going up, its like 30k now, its going to happen, as it has happened for generations. Any car thats under that, especially 20k is considered to be cheap. And so with it will the price of small cars that we once considered economy cars. I think once people and americans start looking passed the fact that small cars doesn't have to be economy cars...then they'll stop complaining about "overpriced." You get what you pay for.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:22 PM   #360
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
Given I liked the old School Mazda 3's, this has a fairly similiar shape. We had an 02 Focus Sedan (SOHC) that wasnt to bad (needed more room/power and traded for an 07 Rav4).

Now that gas is starting to get retarded again, the mileage on my Maxima isnt cutting it. I am very curious to the interior space specs before I move forward in any manner but the design does have my attention. I feel the layout of the interior is also nice.

I like the Taurus, but the mileage of the Focus suits my "tastes" better at this time. So awaiting the "final numbers" of interior space and package pricing will be important. Now if I just could get my wife to drive a manual instead of an auto life would be so much more entertaining!

19" rims are a bit over done though IMHO. I would rather have some of the mileage back with lighter, less unsprung weight. Drop it a bit and put 17"s on her.
Agreed about the rims...the 19s will probably be an option though. they'll def be some smaller rims on the thing, something tells me base models will have a 16 inch hell maybe even as small as a 17...depends on how big the brakes are. Highest id go on a compact would be 18s, depending on height, wheel arches etc. Also some tire is always nice to have haha.

Uhh, why don't you just get a powershift focus....you have the best of both worlds, you got automatic mode for the wife, and true manual mode for yourself lol. Unlike the fiesta, which hopefully they throw in, the powershift focus allows for manual shifting....no paddles yet, but hopefully they will come, if not be standard on a performance focus.

Bookmarks & Social Networks