Official: Introducing Next Generation Ford Focus for 2012 - Page 35 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-12-2010, 02:02 PM   #341
2wheeladict
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 69029
What I Drive: 2005 focus zx4, 2003 cbr f4i

FF Reputation: 8 2wheeladict Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
3rd gen focus just needs a drop, 4th gen needs smaller rims, smaller wheel arches (not too much smaller, maybe 2 or 3 inches) and a drop.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2010, 02:03 PM   #342
2wheeladict
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 69029
What I Drive: 2005 focus zx4, 2003 cbr f4i

FF Reputation: 8 2wheeladict Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
lol talk about face lifted vehicles, look at every audi on the road. while sexy as they are.....if your not an audi lover you probably cant tell between a B6 and B7
Old 01-12-2010, 02:12 PM   #343
Peregrine
I.S.A.I.K.I.

Fan#: 6009
What I Drive: '03 CD Silver SVT, '11 Mazda CX-9

FF Reputation: 112 Peregrine Excellent Standing MemberPeregrine Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
Just for the record, I think that the so called redesign of the MK5 was probably the worst of them all. The intial design of the rabbit looks 20x better in my mind.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:15 PM   #344
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaha940 View Post
well sorry.. the car looks great but fords holding out on us! the euro version they gave us is the grandma version. it'll barely go any faster that the us models we have now. why dose europe get the RS 2.5 turbo version and not us? i mean some other people only like cars for the looks and all that fancy blue tooth stuff they dont need. but personaly, i dont care about looks or extras. i like fast, nimbal cars and thats it. i could care less if they make it look like a big weiner! haha others will be laughing when there just a dot in my rearview! :D VVRRROOOOOMMM!!!!

Posted via FF Mobile Everyone does realize that this is the mext generation fous and the rs is the previous generation and will be discontinued as what it is when the mkiii comes out. I feel as if some people are alittle confused...this new focus is the globes new focus, not just the United States...as of right now everyone has the same one no one has an st or an rs. Again this is not just the new american focus.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:19 PM   #345
TheStig728
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 69997
What I Drive: 2000 Sangria Red SE Wagon

FF Reputation: 1 TheStig728 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzx3 View Post
I will say I pleasently pissed that there is no 3-Door Hatch, Thumbs Down on that aspect Ford

Although I will say I do like the 5-Door Hatch and the Future Engine Options as well. I'd just rather have a 3 Door in one of these, maybe in the RS if we get that although Ford probably won't ever give us something that awesome even though they teased me with bringing it to SEMA.
They aren't making a 3 door at all? why!!!!!!! but i am still pleased with the new looks
Old 01-12-2010, 02:31 PM   #346
GhiaFan
Focus Addict

Fan#: 50498
What I Drive: 2007 Panther Black Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT

FF Reputation: 9 GhiaFan Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Just wondering because the first paragraph mentions four DI turbocharged engines and the second stating a 2.0L DI motor. Needed some confirmation to make sure that I wasn't reading that wrong.
• The all-new Ford Focus previewed at the 2010 North American International Auto Show features a fuel-efficient new 2.0-liter DOHC I-4 engine with Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing (Ti-VCT) and direct injection (DI) . This powertrain will not be marketed in Europe.

The global powertrain lineup for the new Focus also will include a range of state-of-the-art Ford EcoBoost™ four-cylinder turbocharged direct injection engines – including the 1.6-liter unit in Europe and a choice of advanced and improved Duratorq TDCi common-rail diesel engines, all of which offer reductions in fuel consumption of between 10 and 20 percent compared to the outgoing models.

http://www.newfordfocusmedia.com/ass...powertrain.doc
Old 01-12-2010, 02:31 PM   #347
JustHereFTM
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 68588
What I Drive: 2008 Focus

FF Reputation: 7 JustHereFTM Good Standing Member
true and wasnt ecoboost pretty much given a green light at fomoco???
Old 01-12-2010, 02:32 PM   #348
GhiaFan
Focus Addict

Fan#: 50498
What I Drive: 2007 Panther Black Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT

FF Reputation: 9 GhiaFan Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig728 View Post
They aren't making a 3 door at all? why!!!!!!! but i am still pleased with the new looks
3 Door is being produced but so far not confirmed for North America consumption.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:38 PM   #349
DueceCoupe
Focus Addict

Fan#: 32955
What I Drive: 07 Infra Red ST,2002 ZX3.

FF Reputation: 5 DueceCoupe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (29)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkKnight614 View Post
Posted via FF Mobile Everyone does realize that this is the mext generation fous and the rs is the previous generation and will be discontinued as what it is when the mkiii comes out. I feel as if some people are alittle confused...this new focus is the globes new focus, not just the United States...as of right now everyone has the same one no one has an st or an rs. Again this is not just the new american focus.
I agree,many are confused,But:
Even if its no RS or ST anywhere for the MK3....it still sucks that no performance version was offered,yet.
But that's not what gets me.
Its just to me,not a flattering design.
Maybe Im just stuck on the body style up till 07?
I didn't like the direction they took it in after that,and like this decision even less.
To me its almost like they Don't know what to do with the Focus now.
What started as a econo box,sporty affordable platform is now being replaced with the Fiesta and the Focus is somehow falling in around the Fusion....
Just Do not like this new direction.

ST Crew Member # 666
Old 01-12-2010, 02:44 PM   #350
mmmoose
Bunneh Fanatic

Fan#: 39963
What I Drive: 2008 United Gray VW Rabbit

FF Reputation: 9 mmmoose Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Just for the record, I think that the so called redesign of the MK5 was probably the worst of them all. The intial design of the rabbit looks 20x better in my mind.
Hey now!! The Mk V is what got me into VWs. I'm not a huge fan of the rub strips of the base Mk V Rabbit, but everything else looks gorgeous (esp. the GTI and R32). The new Mk VI is so hideous and bland now. It's almost like they let the designer of the 2008 Focus molest a lonely Mk V in a dark basement, and the Mk VI was the end result. Because wow... that front bumper and overall bland design looks suspiciously similar.

But getting back on topic, I think the previous generation Focus and Fiesta (pictured in one of the above posts) were the best looking Euro cars. THAT'S the Euro model everyone was drooling about. The global platform Focus is meant to cater to EVERY country it's being sold to, so you're bound to lose some of the bold European sexiness we've all become used to. It just feels like they compromised a little too much in the design department.

Bookmarks & Social Networks