Official: Introducing Next Generation Ford Focus for 2012 - Page 20 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-11-2010, 05:00 PM   #191
jmiller_1974
Flipping Rockstar

Fan#: 57165
What I Drive: Black 02 SVT #2998

FF Reputation: 28 jmiller_1974 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJD1980 View Post
I love how nothing is ever good enough for car enthusiasts on the web.
Them: "Bring us an updated Focus like the Europeans get!"
Ford" "Here you go. A Focus 200% better than any mainstream auto offered in the U.S. for less than $30,000, and exactly the same version that the rest of the world will get."
Them: "It's ugly . . . Where's the performance version . . . just give us the current Euro model . . ."

Whatever, people. Keep complaining for complaining's sake.
You said it in Your first sentence. We are not your every day commuter, grocery getter or mom car types. We are Enthusiasts. Why would We just want the base model Euro Focus? I didn't see a single post about wanting a 1.6L base model Anything. Seems to Me, the majority of the posts on Here and other sites were directed towards the US not getting the RS. EVER. Some of Us may have initially bought a Focus for things like fuel economy and cheap replacement parts, but once Someone ends up on a site like FF, that attitude changes, and folks start looking for performance over gas mileage. Not all, mind You, but enough. I have always felt that this is not the place to find out what the "average car buyer/owner" is interested in. I don't own an ST because it gets good MPG, but I certainly appreciate that it does.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2010, 05:05 PM   #192
ferkozx3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 52995
What I Drive: 2004, green, focus zx3

FF Reputation: 2 ferkozx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
i understand, im just saying... people are looking at this car as a performance car... and its not what it is... people talking about making power and it being a performance vehicle... than the comment about fitting things in it... is u want a performance, tuner, track, etc vehicle, that doesnt matter... i love my o4 zx3 dont get my wrong, but i want a focus with a turbo and awd, not a granny sports car, with like 150whp so i can brake the bank trying to keep up with someone who is driving a stock vehicle and beating me... and someone mentioned sporty seats???? if they gave my 300whp and a drivetrain to put it down... u can give me a shifter, steering wheel, and 1 seat and no interior and id buy it! haha
Old 01-11-2010, 05:13 PM   #193
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

Points 25,851, Level 96
Points: 25,851, Level: 96 Points: 25,851, Level: 96 Points: 25,851, Level: 96
Level Up 51% Completed
Level up: 51% Level up: 51% Level up: 51%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Posted via FF Mobile Theres some things i dont like but im not getting worked up about it bc they didnt fail. This thread is like deciding you dont want to go out with some girl by the pictures on her facebook before actually meeting her or not wanting to read a book simple by what the cover looks like. Honestly chill out people, so freaking impatient. You people fail as logical critics....how much credibilty would Ebert and Roeper have about movies if they gave their review based on a sneak peak trailer?
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2010, 05:21 PM   #194
bradshsi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 58770
What I Drive: 2002 Sonic Blue Turbocharged SVT

Points 308, Level 6
Points: 308, Level: 6 Points: 308, Level: 6 Points: 308, Level: 6
Level Up 16% Completed
Level up: 16% Level up: 16% Level up: 16%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 6 bradshsi Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJD1980 View Post
I love how nothing is ever good enough for car enthusiasts on the web.
Them: "Bring us an updated Focus like the Europeans get!"
Ford" "Here you go. A Focus 200% better than any mainstream auto offered in the U.S. for less than $30,000, and exactly the same version that the rest of the world will get."
Them: "It's ugly . . . Where's the performance version . . . just give us the current Euro model . . ."

Whatever, people. Keep complaining for complaining's sake.

With all due respect, Michael, dissatisfaction is the mother of invention and innovation. If our ancestors settled for the status quo we'd still be living in caves and driving carts with stone wheels.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:21 PM   #195
DueceCoupe
Focus Addict

Fan#: 32955
What I Drive: 07 Infra Red ST,2002 ZX3.

Points 7,283, Level 56
Points: 7,283, Level: 56 Points: 7,283, Level: 56 Points: 7,283, Level: 56
Level Up 67% Completed
Level up: 67% Level up: 67% Level up: 67%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 5 DueceCoupe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (29)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller_1974 View Post
You said it in Your first sentence. We are not your every day commuter, grocery getter or mom car types. We are Enthusiasts. Why would We just want the base model Euro Focus? I didn't see a single post about wanting a 1.6L base model Anything. Seems to Me, the majority of the posts on Here and other sites were directed towards the US not getting the RS. EVER. Some of Us may have initially bought a Focus for things like fuel economy and cheap replacement parts, but once Someone ends up on a site like FF, that attitude changes, and folks start looking for performance over gas mileage. Not all, mind You, but enough. I have always felt that this is not the place to find out what the "average car buyer/owner" is interested in. I don't own an ST because it gets good MPG, but I certainly appreciate that it does.
Well said!

ST Crew Member # 666
Old 01-11-2010, 05:41 PM   #196
HilloNative
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 43548
What I Drive: '04 EAP Sonic Blue SVT, '04 Ranger

Points 2,404, Level 29
Points: 2,404, Level: 29 Points: 2,404, Level: 29 Points: 2,404, Level: 29
Level Up 70% Completed
Level up: 70% Level up: 70% Level up: 70%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 4 HilloNative Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjordan View Post
the RS is based off of the mk2 focus. europe has had the mk2 since 2004. they waited 4-5 years for the RS. the mk3 RS is not available anywhere.
you are correct!!... cmon people, stop bitching... the new focus looks great and finally wont have to feel sorry that you live in the US and you missing some of the good stuff...
Old 01-11-2010, 05:41 PM   #197
Peregrine
I.S.A.I.K.I.

Fan#: 6009
What I Drive: '03 CD Silver SVT, '11 Mazda CX-9

FF Reputation: 112 Peregrine Excellent Standing Member Peregrine Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
Can't build a skyscraper without a foundation, people.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:43 PM   #198
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

Points 25,851, Level 96
Points: 25,851, Level: 96 Points: 25,851, Level: 96 Points: 25,851, Level: 96
Level Up 51% Completed
Level up: 51% Level up: 51% Level up: 51%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferkozx3 View Post
i understand, im just saying... people are looking at this car as a performance car... and its not what it is... people talking about making power and it being a performance vehicle... than the comment about fitting things in it... is u want a performance, tuner, track, etc vehicle, that doesnt matter... i love my o4 zx3 dont get my wrong, but i want a focus with a turbo and awd, not a granny sports car, with like 150whp so i can brake the bank trying to keep up with someone who is driving a stock vehicle and beating me... and someone mentioned sporty seats???? if they gave my 300whp and a drivetrain to put it down... u can give me a shifter, steering wheel, and 1 seat and no interior and id buy it! haha

Posted via FF Mobile

Well then i think you should go buy a kit car, not expect so from a mass produced car. I know your exaggerating alittle but be patient...and whos considering these foci to be performance cars? And this car is an all new platform..its based off the c1 but its not the c1 platform. Its alllll new. Which is why u dont see a ton of stuff. Ford is trying make these things awesome, theyve been working on this car since 2006 and managed to keep it so secret up till now. Id rather then work on making a great svt rs or st then for them to just rush something out. And the gt500 didnt come out for two years after the 05 mustang came out. You people need to wait...your are getting all wotked up and jumpig the gun, just to complain.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:46 PM   #199
zetecDon
Where am I?

Fan#: 62506
What I Drive: 02 ZX3, 02 MX-5

Points 12,821, Level 73
Points: 12,821, Level: 73 Points: 12,821, Level: 73 Points: 12,821, Level: 73
Level Up 93% Completed
Level up: 93% Level up: 93% Level up: 93%
Forum Activity 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%
FF Reputation: 28 zetecDon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (45)
Damn you all are jumpng the gun on this. I know when you all saw the Focus that it wasn't love at first sight. Hell to be honest I thought the car looked like total ass at first. It's just a design that will grow on you and you have yet to see if you like how it handles or drives. If a car looks like total ass but has a good feel when driving it I am going to go with the latter of the two. I could care less what the car looks like because knowing me it doesn't keep the stock look for to long.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:50 PM   #200
ferkozx3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 52995
What I Drive: 2004, green, focus zx3

FF Reputation: 2 ferkozx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
doesnt matter... cars ugly, slow, it has nice interior... i will never own another ford again... im done now guys... have fun with your new focus! im selling mine!

bye fofo community!

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.