Official: Introducing Next Generation Ford Focus for 2012 - Page 15 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-11-2010, 01:58 PM   #141
ferkozx3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 52995
What I Drive: 2004, green, focus zx3

FF Reputation: 2 ferkozx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
it doesnt look performance oriented what so ever... whats the point of buying it as a car to mod, and having to mod it just to make it what you want to start with??? not turbo, not awd, ride height is monster truck like... its a cool looking car, but more like what my aunt would drive to work everyday... no RS no performance... its slow, and not even that appealing... ive owned my focus for a few years now awaiting a performance release in the US, never came, and im tired of waiting... i can take my GSX and put $500 into it and be over $300 (all) wheel horsepower, it takes $4000k+ to ever see those numbers with a focus, not to mentioned i paid $800 for it....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2010, 02:01 PM   #142
Peregrine
I.S.A.I.K.I.

Fan#: 6009
What I Drive: '03 CD Silver SVT, '11 Mazda CX-9

FF Reputation: 112 Peregrine Excellent Standing Member Peregrine Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
^ Sounds like you've been dwelling in the wrong market for quite sometime.

From a former DSM owner to current DSM owner, let's see you fit a futon, a 36" TV or 20 bags of cypress mulch in the back of your GSX. lol
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2010, 02:03 PM   #143
JibLxA
Focus Addict

Fan#: 65903
What I Drive: 2003 Screaming Yellow SVT EAP #841

FF Reputation: 2 JibLxA Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferkozx3 View Post
it doesnt look performance oriented what so ever... whats the point of buying it as a car to mod, and having to mod it just to make it what you want to start with??? not turbo, not awd, ride height is monster truck like... its a cool looking car, but more like what my aunt would drive to work everyday... no RS no performance... its slow, and not even that appealing... ive owned my focus for a few years now awaiting a performance release in the US, never came, and im tired of waiting... i can take my GSX and put $500 into it and be over $300 (all) wheel horsepower, it takes $4000k+ to ever see those numbers with a focus, not to mentioned i paid $800 for it....
Just fyi, I read that this one is around an inch lower than the current ones, almost an inch wider, and the seating is more sporty. So it's actually quit a bit more sportier than any other base focus.
'03 Screaming Yellow SVT EAP #841 Built 04/01/2003
'01 Twilight Blue Sedan (SOLD)

Hatch Nation #04
Old 01-11-2010, 02:08 PM   #144
DueceCoupe
Focus Addict

Fan#: 32955
What I Drive: 07 Infra Red ST,2002 ZX3.

Points 7,280, Level 56
Points: 7,280, Level: 56 Points: 7,280, Level: 56 Points: 7,280, Level: 56
Level Up 65% Completed
Level up: 65% Level up: 65% Level up: 65%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 5 DueceCoupe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (29)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
This is more of an accurate comparison...

-------------------------------------------------------------------

HaHa....the Red stove made me laugh.
I said earlier it looks like a Vibe mixed with a Mazda Van.
Look at the back quarter window....identical to the vibe's.
Many people are saying it harkens back to the 1st Gen.
I only see that if I squint my eyes I can vaguely see a zx3 shape.

ST Crew Member # 666
Old 01-11-2010, 02:09 PM   #145
DueceCoupe
Focus Addict

Fan#: 32955
What I Drive: 07 Infra Red ST,2002 ZX3.

Points 7,280, Level 56
Points: 7,280, Level: 56 Points: 7,280, Level: 56 Points: 7,280, Level: 56
Level Up 65% Completed
Level up: 65% Level up: 65% Level up: 65%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 5 DueceCoupe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (29)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JibLxA View Post
Just fyi, I read that this one is around an inch lower than the current ones, almost an inch wider, and the seating is more sporty. So it's actually quit a bit more sportier than any other base focus.
Is my ST a base Focus?
I think my ST is sportier than this new one.

ST Crew Member # 666
Old 01-11-2010, 02:15 PM   #146
JibLxA
Focus Addict

Fan#: 65903
What I Drive: 2003 Screaming Yellow SVT EAP #841

FF Reputation: 2 JibLxA Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DueceCoupe View Post
Is my ST a base Focus?
I think my ST is sportier than this new one.
ST, I wouldn't consider it that. It's got a sport tune suspension I think. I'm just talking about the stock suspension that will be on like the S SE and SES versions.
'03 Screaming Yellow SVT EAP #841 Built 04/01/2003
'01 Twilight Blue Sedan (SOLD)

Hatch Nation #04
Old 01-11-2010, 02:17 PM   #147
fwdsvtowner
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 15906
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black SVT 3dr EAP

FF Reputation: 1 fwdsvtowner Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missourileo View Post
Bring on the SVT version............
yes! that's the only way i'll buy one... while it's MUCH better looking than the latest Focus, they'll likely overburden it with pointless technology and pricey options.

please Ford, make an affordable performance vehicle again (preferably with SVT involved). it's been 6 years, and the bankrupt competiton across the street has been eating your lunch in the affordable performance niche.
Build #1111
Old 01-11-2010, 02:21 PM   #148
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

Points 25,851, Level 96
Points: 25,851, Level: 96 Points: 25,851, Level: 96 Points: 25,851, Level: 96
Level Up 51% Completed
Level up: 51% Level up: 51% Level up: 51%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Posted via FF Mobile Maybe it doesnt look super performance oriented bc thats being saved for.....an actual performance model. Its the first day and the actually date itll be in showrooms is a whole year away. So much can happen in that amount of time. Theres even whispers that both a 3door and a coupe are in the works. If your tired of waiting fine, but what were people actually expecting...an RS to be debuted today? Monster truck like? Theres no huge ride height at all its worlds better then i thought it would be and hell of alot better then prevjous generations. There is very little gap between the tires and the fenders. And again how do we even know its slow...no curb weight has been issued for all we know its as fast as an svt focus right now. Also this engine is just the first, i just read countless articles saying the 1.6l turbo will be the centerpiece for all of the c-segment models....which of theres 12 in total, 4 spots have been claimed by these two foci and the two cmax models...8 spots left...and the only other two that i know have been claimed are the ford kuga and the focus cabriolet. So 6 spots left to be exact...plenty of spots left for a focus with two doors and performance models.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:30 PM   #149
Peregrine
I.S.A.I.K.I.

Fan#: 6009
What I Drive: '03 CD Silver SVT, '11 Mazda CX-9

FF Reputation: 112 Peregrine Excellent Standing Member Peregrine Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwdsvtowner View Post
yes! that's the only way i'll buy one... while it's MUCH better looking than the latest Focus, they'll likely overburden it with pointless technology and pricey options.

please Ford, make an affordable performance vehicle again (preferably with SVT involved). it's been 6 years, and the bankrupt competiton across the street has been eating your lunch in the affordable performance niche.
This could be a better performer than the SVT, and I lightly emphasize "could". With a North American n/a motor in the talks with 20 HP OVER last years Duratec, and a 20% increase in body rigidity......sounds like a sporty performer to me.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:31 PM   #150
Tbones00SE
Focus Addict

Fan#: 9982
What I Drive: 2000 Toreador Red SE

Points 1,367, Level 20
Points: 1,367, Level: 20 Points: 1,367, Level: 20 Points: 1,367, Level: 20
Level Up 67% Completed
Level up: 67% Level up: 67% Level up: 67%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 10 Tbones00SE Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferkozx3 View Post
Because it's a people mover. It's designed to get you around town and country, not around a speedway. It's tailor made for people who don't want to use the Explorer or the Hummer to get to and from work because the gas mileage stinks (gas prices are already heading towards $3), but they can still have some of the comforts and features that usually come in those bigger cars. That's who Ford is marketing to, that's what the Focus is now that the Fiesta took it's previous spot in the lineup. Will there be a performance model? As others have said, it's probably at least another model year or two away. It would have been nice if they have introduced the performance model alongside the regular focus like they did the SHO. My guess is Ford decided to wait and see how well the regular Focus fares in the market and then if it does well they will introduce the performance model for the enthusiasts. You don't put all this technology into a car and not eventually give it some power. Remember 80% of the parts are shared so Ford can't say that it would be too expensive to bring the RS over once it goes on sale in Europe.
Zetec Crew #73
ATX Faction #24
Mods: Volant CAI, 65mm TB, CFM Lower Mount, VF Passenger Mount, SVT Header, SVT Cat, SVT Flex, and Trubendz 2.5" exhaust, Roush Suspension, Tune and CarPC.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.