Warranty, Use it! - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-12-2004, 11:22 AM   #1
S2
Retired Fanatic

Fan#: 4939
What I Drive: Camaro 2SS/RS

FF Reputation: 67 S2 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (20)
Warranty, Use it!

Ok, I think I got a new pet peave. People, first I am not trying to sound like an ass here as well as not trying to be rude but if you have something go wrong with your car and you still have warranty, don't piss around with the problem trying to figure it out and also start wasting your money and time in the process. Warranty is there to be used. It's free, it's like your cars best friend. Anything goes wrong, even the slightest thing and all you have to do is pick up the phone and book an appointment. Most 'good' dealerships even give you a loaner to drive, NO CHARGE or possibly even a slight charge for insurance purposes (I used to work for a rental car company so I know what I am talking about).

Anyway, seriously, I know some of your are noobs (newbies) or rookies to the modding world or possibly even to cars, it's all cool. Posting some things on here that are warrantly related is cool, actually pretty interesting to see if anyone else has had any similar problems. It's a good thing but posting stuff saying your busy rewiring the engine bay cause something shorted out and started a fire on your 04 is just retarded. You have to be smarter than that.

Ford has an awesome warranty program, one of the best I have seen. They have replaced stuff on my car that I broke and I even told them I broke it. I just got done going through the final stages of my warranty on my car. I literally gave them a list of stuff, no question, every single thing was fixed or replaced.

Warranty is there for a purpose, use it at all times. Avoid the headaches trying to figure out some of that stuff yourself as well as possibly making things worse. Also, why pay more $$$ for things that you can get for free, that is just common sense and then some there.

I know a guy that 'trashed' his clutch and ended up having all sorts of problems and they replaced everything as well as making two months of car payments for him cause it took that long to eventually get it all fixed. Another example, my brother drove his focus into the ground bagging it and all to the point that the entire engine was replaced, under warranty. Just a couple examples of how 'extreme' the warranty program is for your focus.

Sorry for the ranting and like I said, don't take this negatively, it may sound harsh but I am just trying to get my point across.....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2004, 12:12 PM   #2
CKA
*~*

Fan#: 2313
What I Drive: '02 ZTS/'99 Explorer/'13 Fusion

FF Reputation: 74 CKA Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (24)
Hahahahaha I was actually going 2 tell u, u should put that in your sig or avatar. LOL
Only cause u stress it so much.
But it's true we all should use it, but some of us may be like me and want 2 check and do things oursleves, then go 2 them. Just a control thing, I guess.
Plus the fear of them touching my little girl, it scares me, but if u have 2, u have to.
Old 08-12-2004, 12:15 PM   #3
S2
Retired Fanatic

It's definitely good to learn and do things themselves but I honestly have seen posts like....

"Hey my car shot out some sparks out the back, there is smoke coming from the engine bay and now my car won't start. I just removed the head and didn't find anything, no Jimmy Hoffa wasn't in there, and now I am thinking about pulling the motor. BTW, I drive a 2004 ZX5, thanks for the help"

Actually you know what, keep posting those types of questions up here, I love it, makes the day very 'fun'.....
Old 08-12-2004, 12:20 PM   #4
CKA
*~*

No, I'm just saying 4 some of us they probably think that or they think I don't want 2 bother them, or hey they just think we can help better before they go in and get told what possibly is not wrong. But yes, the warranty should be used, u r paying 4 it.
Old 08-12-2004, 12:23 PM   #5
S2
Retired Fanatic

Oh yeah, simple maintenance issues people can do on their own but why pay for some of those things. I know you know exactly what I mean CKA and vise versa.......
Old 08-12-2004, 12:27 PM   #6
CKA
*~*

Yup, I know. ;)
Like I went 4 them for my AC blower which blew and that was it so far, the other stuff we did oursleves, the fuse problem etc.
Anyway, yes people use it, don't feel like u can't just do it. That's why they r there 4.
Old 08-12-2004, 01:06 PM   #7
Rudejake
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 9642
What I Drive: 2004 Sonic Blue SVTF, #167

FF Reputation: 1 Rudejake Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'd like to make another point along the same lines. When you do take your car in for warranty work/general repair, treat the service writers with a little respect and you'll get alot farther. I know it's difficult to stay calm when the car you love and pay lots of $$$ takes a dump, but 99% of the time it's not the service writer's fault. I hear so many people ranting that they told them this... called them that. How well would that crap work with you if the roles were reversed? Next time take a deep breath and stay calm unless the dealership really does try to screw you. I'm not suggesting you give in to them, just pick your battles wisely and don't take out your frustrations on the front line guy. If you really are having problems, ask to see the service manager... then the general manager... district, etc. Just be firm, but polite. Once you piss them off they'll fight you every time they see you.

No, lol, I'm not a service writer.
Old 08-12-2004, 01:24 PM   #8
CKA
*~*

No defiantely treat them with respect of course, or else duh u will never get anywhere. U should actually treat everyone with resoect 4 that matter.
But sometimes they start off with an attitude?? Meanies.
Old 08-12-2004, 02:11 PM   #9
S2
Retired Fanatic

It's easy to explain, it's just "one of those jobs'......
Old 08-13-2004, 12:03 PM   #10
2000FordFocus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 9275
What I Drive: Vintage 2000 Focus SE Sport Wagon

FF Reputation: 1 2000FordFocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
S2, i have a feeling the american dealer are giving there owners a much harder time than us in canada!

And I also had a dealer that would fix anything i name, is amazing(but i didn't get any free rental~). But now my car is out of warranty, i miss booking appointment, haha!

Bookmarks & Social Networks