A new local meet? monthly? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Regional Forums > South West Fanatics > Fanatics: AZ, NV, NM

Fanatics: AZ, NV, NM Regional discussion Forum for planning events and sharing information with all Members in the Desert areas.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-01-2009, 12:44 AM   #1
Colvinsteel
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 68305
What I Drive: 2007, Red, zx3, se, SAP,20D.

FF Reputation: 2 Colvinsteel Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
A new local meet? monthly?

Ok guys and girls. I know my Jerome meet did not work out to well and im very sorry. I have an idea. How about a bi monthly meet or just monthly meet. When i built bagged trucks id meet up with the crew on the second saturday of every month. Sometimes it would be 5 of us or 20 of us. it dident matter tho because we had fun hangin out and B.S.'n about our rides and showin them off. I want to get us together. Maybe meet at a Sonic on Rural and Broadway next to the QT Saturday the 7th at 7pm. We can eat. B.S. and get to know eachother. If we want to go crusin afterwards that would be cool too. Lets try it. its local and easy to get to for most of us. just get up and do it! lol!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2009, 01:32 PM   #2
Marbs
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 49029
What I Drive: 2006 Red ZX3 SAP

FF Reputation: 4 Marbs Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I think that would be cool. I can be there.
2006 Focus ZX3 SAP, Draxas Header, FS Werks Flex pipe, MBRP exhaust, CAI, Tuned, Debaged, tinted windows, FRPP lowering kit, SVT 5-spoke wheels, Black Halo Projector Headlights, Niteshaded Side markers and tails, Mazda rear wiper, mustang antenna.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2009, 11:32 AM   #3
Lancer211
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 65747
What I Drive: 2004 infrared sedan SE

FF Reputation: 4 Lancer211 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Bit tough for us outta towners, though.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:05 PM   #4
Nfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 38741
What I Drive: 06' Silver, ZX3 SE Team DURATEC #03

FF Reputation: 2 Nfocus Good Standing Member
That sounds good, may get people from other parts out side of the greater Phoenix area a chance to come.. say first sat of every month.. that gives them time to drive, find a place have fun. and drive home.

That would move the days as for paydays, helps those who get paid on a date, rather than a day, due to the shifting week it would fall on. Any how sounds good.. i will see if i cant get my butt up there. i will even try to snatch other member(s) from here... i know there is one but havnt seen him active on here in months.
US MARINE, above all!
Old 11-04-2009, 01:49 AM   #5
ShamrockSVT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 47719
What I Drive: 2011 Ford Fiesta SE

FF Reputation: 72 ShamrockSVT Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
One thing about a regular meet, I used to hang with a bunch of guys every single saturday back east. Always at the same spot around the same time. If for some reason everyone went someplace else, it only took a phone call to find out where everyone was. This was in a city of Worcester MA, but we had guys coming from Boston, New Hampshire, New York in some cases....the people who lived far away didn't come every week, only when they could, and no one got upset about it. Heck, I lived just 10 minutes away and wouldn't go all the time, only when I "felt like it" or got called and txted until I showed up.
My point is, even if there is a "local" weekly G2G in the east valley, it doesn't mean west valley or out of valley guys aren't welcome. Of course, if a bunch of west valley or Tucson, or Yuma or wherever guys get together often, us east Valley guys would have to make the effort to swing by.
I'm all for this, even a weekely meet at Sonic (as long as I don't have to eat there) but I highly doubt I would go every week.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:56 AM   #6
Marbs
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 49029
What I Drive: 2006 Red ZX3 SAP

FF Reputation: 4 Marbs Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamrockSVT View Post
One thing about a regular meet, I used to hang with a bunch of guys every single saturday back east. Always at the same spot around the same time. If for some reason everyone went someplace else, it only took a phone call to find out where everyone was. This was in a city of Worcester MA, but we had guys coming from Boston, New Hampshire, New York in some cases....the people who lived far away didn't come every week, only when they could, and no one got upset about it. Heck, I lived just 10 minutes away and wouldn't go all the time, only when I "felt like it" or got called and txted until I showed up.
My point is, even if there is a "local" weekly G2G in the east valley, it doesn't mean west valley or out of valley guys aren't welcome. Of course, if a bunch of west valley or Tucson, or Yuma or wherever guys get together often, us east Valley guys would have to make the effort to swing by.
I'm all for this, even a weekely meet at Sonic (as long as I don't have to eat there) but I highly doubt I would go every week.
Well put.
2006 Focus ZX3 SAP, Draxas Header, FS Werks Flex pipe, MBRP exhaust, CAI, Tuned, Debaged, tinted windows, FRPP lowering kit, SVT 5-spoke wheels, Black Halo Projector Headlights, Niteshaded Side markers and tails, Mazda rear wiper, mustang antenna.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:11 AM   #7
Lancer211
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 65747
What I Drive: 2004 infrared sedan SE

FF Reputation: 4 Lancer211 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
I'd make an effort to hit it at least once. More often, if possible.

It would depend on my financial situation.

Old 11-04-2009, 11:05 AM   #8
Colvinsteel
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

im just trying to set up a place and time to meet and bs about cars. everyone does not have to meet every month but everyone is welcome no matter where you are from or what kind of ride you have. this is just for the pure fun of being a gearhead and us Focus guys to G2G to show that there is a huge following behind these amazing cars! now if you guys happen to meet on the west side then maybe us eastsiders can gather at our sonic spot and ride to the west side meetup and G2G with you. this was put together to be a simple meeting and showing your cars even if you have no mods. lets make this simple! life is good everyone!
Old 11-04-2009, 11:09 AM   #9
Colvinsteel
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

heck my buddy with a Fox body 5.0 mustang is even meeting us there. as long as it gos fast and burns gas bring it! even if you have a top fuel moped! lol no matter who comes i will be happy to see you. lets do this!
Old 11-08-2009, 09:56 AM   #10
big shade
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 57280
What I Drive: 2002 white s/e Zetec

FF Reputation: 1 big shade Good Standing Member
sounds good guys.. I have been working like crazy. I do want to go and meet up. Today I am changing out my dog bone and driver side mounts. already did the passenger ok here is the brag 20 minutes max.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.