Let the rebuild start - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-25-2009, 10:49 PM   #31
Feral
Focus Addict

Fan#: 58350
What I Drive: 1 2002 / 2 2001 Wagons

FF Reputation: 53 Feral Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
yeah well I'm gunna have an odd colored interior for what the body is going to be repainted in XD

My Wagon Rebuild - http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=217009
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2009, 10:53 PM   #32
ah1f39
Alone in the Cave

Fan#: 70006
What I Drive: 2000 Explorer 4x4, 04 Mini Cooper S

Points 4,587, Level 43
Points: 4,587, Level: 43 Points: 4,587, Level: 43 Points: 4,587, Level: 43
Level Up 19% Completed
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 28 ah1f39 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral View Post
yeah well I'm gunna have an odd colored interior for what the body is going to be repainted in XD
Ok I'll bite what color?
Old 11-25-2009, 10:55 PM   #33
sk8withm3
EDM Parts Manager

Fan#: 67355
What I Drive: Blue BMW 318i

FF Reputation: 8 sk8withm3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral View Post
did your bags deploy on impact ????
Nope. Neither depolyed
It's ok if they ride a little low, just so long as they are properly inflated to account for the lowness
Well, not getting home when I want but definitely going to FocusFest now.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:13 PM   #34
Feral
Focus Addict

wtf O.o ok THATS a problem.. tensioners are NOT supposed to go off unless the bags do?!?!?!?!?

wheres your car now ?!?!?!?!? Ill buy the bags from ya :D I need a pair of testers to make sure Wagon 1's module won't blow out wagon 2's windshield ROTFL

Old 11-25-2009, 11:14 PM   #35
sk8withm3
EDM Parts Manager

Yeah I had speculated someone removed the airbags during a 'routine checkup'. And I would if I still had the car. I sold it on craigslist for a grand
It's ok if they ride a little low, just so long as they are properly inflated to account for the lowness
Old 11-25-2009, 11:36 PM   #36
Feral
Focus Addict

should of parted it :) you would of made alot more on here selling the parts

the only downside is parking it during the partout... im thinking of actually doing that buying smashed unrepairable focus's and breathing new life into all the parts.. I bring it here strip em to the shell and store the parts where wagon 1 is...

I don't have the heart to strip repairable ones and I sigh at the ones I see in the scrap yard ive seen quite a few in dealer lot condition scrapped cuz its dropped a valve cup.. one came in with 2 sets of keys/fobs ziptied to the steering column.. it was marked Part lot, bad engine.. I popped the hood it was a SPI :( I was about to cry.. when they are marked part lot they won't sell it whole

Was your SRS/Airbag light litup before the crash... and they cannot just remove the steering wheel one its impossible without noticing.. there isn't a cheater for that one unless you wanna play with fire and cut/splice a new cheater into it

Old 11-26-2009, 09:29 AM   #37
sk8withm3
EDM Parts Manager

Mine was an SPI and the guy that bought it didnt want to pay for the engine to be hauled. I had the engine out already with the tranny he just didnt want to haul it in his dinky little SRT4

And my lights werent on before the accident but they were sure on after. and I know i heard a airbag deploy. it sounded like a shotgun but nothing hit us..
Old 11-26-2009, 03:25 PM   #38
Feral
Focus Addict

HA sounds like mine they blew and only the driver had very minor carpet burn to her wrists

---------------
Anyways heres todays update

Kinda dogged it.. I woke up feeling rotten and my day just got worst as it went on :P

went out and said I gotta get that fuel pump/evap system wired to my new harness and im like uhhh F$&# my 3 ton speed jack is where Wagon 1 is ( its actually adding support to the jack stands seeing the front ends in the air partially removed so i did the daring ( stupid thing) seeing a wrecker would charge me $70 just to winch the car up the ramps.. I slowly jacked the car up with 3 emergency jacks I had laying around. everything went fine I got the ramps under the wheels and let it down and it settled properly.

I got on my way of tilting the tank ( I didn't wanna fully drop it as it was about 97% full) ( slightly under the full mark ( I didn't fill it the previous lady did I guess thinking the car was out of gas XD ) enyways took a piece of the old carpeting and stapled it to a 2x4 and set one of the flat jacks under the tank and released the belts holding it up and let the jack down slowly...
got the wireing redone, everything set back into place stuck the tank back up and threw a battery in..

I then grabbed the keys thinking hey ill just back it out and off the ramps ( BAAAAAAAD IDEA and I caught it before actually causing any damage) the ramps sit about 2 inch's higher then the lowest point of the underbody so I throw it in park again, shut it off and grab the 3 jacks.. I jack it till i can slide the ramps out ( I was parked about 1/3 up the ramp so it wasn't that high and that probably saved me from alot of problems) enyways got the ramps out of the way and started to lower it im about 2 inch's from the floor when i notice the body start to skew (F&#K she's sliding off the jacks) I proceed to kick out the one jack I knew would do alot of damage and prayed it didn't fall far enough to hit the side of the garage thankfully the one jack I left which is the scissor jack from my Aerostar tilted but never gave way.. the tire lodged between the jack base and the jack so it kept the car from moving more sideways.. I don't even bother looking I grab a smoke and sit down expecting the worst.. finally get up and survey the damage ( so I thought) the jack stopped the car about 1 1/4 inch's from the wall and the items between it and the car im like uhhhh ok I definitely have SOMEONE watching over me.. I release the crushed jack by using the Focuses on its rail and the twisted jack springs back to normal..

o.o yeah and while I had the car out I cleaned up all the screws and crap from under it

Im gunna go out and get some engine readings off the OBDII the check engine is gone now :D

Old 11-26-2009, 03:32 PM   #39
trailbikerider
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 50501
What I Drive: 2002 Granny Gold ZTS, 94 2.3 Ranger

FF Reputation: 14 trailbikerider Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
What color are you repainting the car?
Old 11-26-2009, 03:39 PM   #40
sk8withm3
EDM Parts Manager

Atleast the CEL is gone haha

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.