ne1 race v6 tiburon? - Page 7 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-17-2004, 07:56 PM   #61
mconrada
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1652
What I Drive: 91 mx5

FF Reputation: 1 mconrada Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
really? If thats the case I had already graduated then... humph... my memory sucks. Well what ever year it was Hyundai, Ford, and probably many more car manufacturers have all done this... didn't dodge under-rate the SRT4? I thought they advertised 215hp and when dynoed they hit ~230 whp? I guess better to under-rate and have a bunch of happy/surprised customers than pissed off ones. I know when when we found out the Tib we bought didn't have the advertised hp Hyundai sent us a check for 500 bucks for some performance bolt ons... hence the CAI.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2004, 12:12 AM   #62
tunedfocuzx3
That Iowa Guy

Fan#: 11992
What I Drive: 02 Sonic Blue Mustang GT

Points 8,033, Level 60
Points: 8,033, Level: 60 Points: 8,033, Level: 60 Points: 8,033, Level: 60
Level Up 42% Completed
Level up: 42% Level up: 42% Level up: 42%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 13 tunedfocuzx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Quote:
Originally posted by z24sport
Have you ran at the track? I'm just going from my experience, but the fastest one I've seen at Bristol, ran a 15.8xx. Now the quickest non-SVT Focus I've seen has been in the high 16's...so there is a slim chance you could take him...but dont get your hopes up. Let us know how it turns out.
the fastest non-SVT you've seen run is in the high 16's?? thats what they run stock...dunno what u and ur cavalier were watchin
2002 Focus SVT #3533 - JRSC w/BBK

"Zombie kill of the week?"
Old 09-21-2004, 02:16 PM   #63
Sonicbluezx3
.....NObama.....

Fan#: 8674
What I Drive: 05 Sonic Blue ZX3

Points 11,249, Level 69
Points: 11,249, Level: 69 Points: 11,249, Level: 69 Points: 11,249, Level: 69
Level Up 99% Completed
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 18 Sonicbluezx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
my friend and i raced one, i have the zx3 with auto and they both left me in the dust lol, but the guy in the tib beat my friend in a SVT, he thinks its cuz his motor was hot from racing tho...who knows
Old 09-21-2004, 02:19 PM   #64
STKVSTDA
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 12317
What I Drive: 2004 3Dr SVT Focus, CD Silver

FF Reputation: 1 STKVSTDA Good Standing Member
i didn't read the whole thread but a friend of mine has one (the Tuscany version) and he wasn't able to break 17 sec in 1/4 mile lol I do know he's a terrible driver but still.... I thought I'd share that little nugget.
#1732/1978 March 22, 2004
Old 09-21-2004, 08:13 PM   #65
mconrada
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by STKVSTDA
i didn't read the whole thread but a friend of mine has one (the Tuscany version) and he wasn't able to break 17 sec in 1/4 mile lol I do know he's a terrible driver but still.... I thought I'd share that little nugget.
Hyundai doesn't make a tuscani version for the US, your friend had a regular old Tib with some new badges he bought off the internet... kinda like type-r or svt badges on non type-r or svt cars. It sounds like he had a 4 cylindar auto too.
Old 09-21-2004, 10:21 PM   #66
Elementa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 3261
What I Drive: 2003 Mach 1 Mustang

FF Reputation: 1 Elementa Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by projectdeath69
my friend and i raced one, i have the zx3 with auto and they both left me in the dust lol, but the guy in the tib beat my friend in a SVT, he thinks its cuz his motor was hot from racing tho...who knows
i think i would of caught him if we would of raced through 3rd gear and i didnt have another person in my car, but i did good.

preatty much the whole race i didnt get out of 2nd gear and he was maybe 1 car length ahead of me and he didnt have anyone else in his car... but oh well i beat one before, guess its really a drivers race :-)
Old 09-22-2004, 08:23 AM   #67
STKVSTDA
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by mconrada
Hyundai doesn't make a tuscani version for the US, your friend had a regular old Tib with some new badges he bought off the internet... kinda like type-r or svt badges on non type-r or svt cars. It sounds like he had a 4 cylindar auto too.
lol I don't know a lot about the Tib. but I do know my buddy's is a 6cyl manual. I'll have to ask him about the Tuscany stuff, it is definitely badged. What unmistakable identifiers are there to the Tuscany... so I can call his bluff if he's lying
Old 09-22-2004, 05:01 PM   #68
mconrada
Focus Addict

Look at the floor mats... sometimes people will make the mistake and forget to buy those also look at his owners manual. But if he did a complete rebadge... he would replace the front hood emblem, rear hatch emblem, rear bubble stickers, steering wheel emblem, floor mats, keys, and if he got the 17's he would have to replace the centercaps on those rims. They do make a 5 speed V6 along with the 6 speed. You can tell by the spoiler also... there are 3 options... none, low spoiler 2-3" high (5speed), high spoiler 5-6" high(sport package 6 speed). Also there is a huge piece of plastic that covers the intake manni with a huge "H" on it.
Old 09-23-2004, 03:05 PM   #69
STKVSTDA
Focus Enthusiast

ahh, so it's not available in the US however here in Canada they are... his is truly a Tuscany - confirmed :)
#1732/1978 March 22, 2004
Old 09-23-2004, 04:10 PM   #70
mconrada
Focus Addict

you know I never even looked at your location... my bad. Yes they are available in Canada... all we get in the US are badges we can order online. Tell you friend that if he's got some extra cash to blow look into Alpine Developments. My bro-in-law and I are installing a turbo kit from them onto his 2001 Tib when he returns from Iraq... its on its way as I type. If his is truly a V6 he needs ALOT of practice driving. The GTV6 6 Speed should be putting down low 15's stock.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.