ne1 race v6 tiburon? - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-13-2004, 09:47 AM   #31
racerdan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10484
What I Drive: 04 Silver SVT 858 of 1978 Born Ja

FF Reputation: 1 racerdan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by BLKEUROSVTZX5
My roomie has an 03 Tib and him and I sit almost side by side the whole way with my SVTF.
I don't have it here but I think Road and Track tested the SVT at 15.8 so that would put the SVT and Tibby pretty much neck and neck.

I've not driven one or seen one run either....but they rate at 181 hp which I read was a bit of an overstatement, the gearing is not great.... I've heard people on here complain about the gearing of the SVT. I think it's pretty spot on. 1st gears always seem a little tall in 4 bangers,because of lack of torque. I think 3-4-5 are about as sweet as they could make them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2004, 11:14 AM   #32
mconrada
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1652
What I Drive: 91 mx5

FF Reputation: 1 mconrada Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by racerdan
I get my info from personal experience or the magazines. Either they get their info from the manufacturer, in which case they will usually tell you, or they road test the vehicles themselves. The guys that do the road tests for the most part aren't "shitty" drivers. They can usually give you a real and factual evaluation of the cars capabilities. And when Road and Track says that the V6 Tibby runs 15.9 in the quarter, I rest assured that the car isn't able to do a 14.5 or 15 flat.

Believe what you want. I know the truth about mine. All I had was a cold air intake and I pulled a 15.2 in the quarter. You can't expect every car that R&T has evaluated to have no errors, all I'm saying is that a GTV6 Tiburon with the 6 speed tranny WILL run at least a 15.2 with a CAI. Now that I have my exhaust done and a new short throw, I'm expecting 15.1'sh.
Old 08-13-2004, 11:24 AM   #33
kaiten2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 9696
What I Drive: 2004, red, zts

FF Reputation: 1 kaiten2 Good Standing Member
If the car responds that well to a CAI then when the exhaust is put on you should drop more than one tenth of a sec you should be able to be at a 15 flat or 14.9?. If the car is designed to respond that well when it breathes better then the exhaust will do almost as much as the intake. but i dont know if i can see a tibby running that fast with just intake and exaust I would guess maybe more around 15.4 or so with those mods. not saying I dont believe you or trying to cause any aggrivation just giving my opinion
Old 08-13-2004, 11:38 AM   #34
CivicHatch+SVT-F
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 4136
What I Drive: Chris=96 Civic Hatch

FF Reputation: 4 CivicHatch+SVT-F Good Standing Member
this place really just needs to start throwing up time slips more often when it comes to "hard-to-believe" topics.

hell, if u cant get them scanned, mail them to me! I'll scan them and email them back! Time slips are great proof of runs and helpful by seeing 60fts and MPH.

Ek hatch
- JDM b16 (SiRII) swap, Kaaz 1.5 way LSD, Evo2 exhaust, shorty intake, hi-flow cat, B&M 2-bend shifter, gutted, lightweight bucket CF seats, weighs in @ 2250lbs
Old 08-13-2004, 11:43 AM   #35
kaiten2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 9696
What I Drive: 2004, red, zts

FF Reputation: 1 kaiten2 Good Standing Member
I agree its pretty much pointless to argue because there is no telling who is correct without some sort of evidence.
Old 08-13-2004, 06:20 PM   #36
mconrada
Focus Addict

My wife has the time slip some where, as soon as she finds it I'll post it... not unless I make it to the track before hand with it. Its hard to get her to let me drive it, she took my privleges away for that day after I ran the 15.27. She doesn't like when I can do things better than her.
Old 08-13-2004, 09:08 PM   #37
mconrada
Focus Addict

True that, I have the time slip and I scanning now. I would have tride to convince my wife to get an SRT4 but they were not out back in feb of 2002. She bought the showroom floor model. The first 2003 at the dealership.
Old 08-13-2004, 09:16 PM   #38
mconrada
Focus Addict

Here it is, The 2003 GTV6 Tibby is car 11 in the red box and in the blue is a 2001 4-banger Tibby.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	time slip.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	3616  

Old 08-13-2004, 09:21 PM   #39
mconrada
Focus Addict

My 60 ft time could use some tweaking, If I could knock it down to a nice 2.2 or less I'd be running 15.1's. In this time slip I had the 10 inch stock sub, a 12 inch kicker comp, and a cold air intake. I now have a nice 2 1/2 inch exhaust running to tenzo mufflers and short throw shifter in. I'd be willing to bet I could easily hit a 14.9 if not better. So there, I put up... now what?

Last edited by mconrada; 08-13-2004 at 09:29 PM.
Old 08-13-2004, 09:29 PM   #40
mconrada
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by racerdan
According to Road and Track Road Test Summary the Tiberon runs 0-60 in 7.6 0-100 in 21.0 and a 1/4 in 15.9 @87.6. It's got 181 hp and is just a click slower than the SVT. In skid pad slalom and breaking about the only thing the Tiberon beats is a Hummer.
My wife wanted me to inform you that Road and Track was also wrong here. The tib comes stock with 170 hp. They over rated it. So if they are wrong here they could and are wrong on the rest of their info.

Bookmarks & Social Networks