ne1 race v6 tiburon? - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-12-2004, 08:26 AM   #21
mconrada
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1652
What I Drive: 91 mx5

FF Reputation: 1 mconrada Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Speaking as an owner of a 2003 GTV6 Tib I have to say all your numbers are horribly high. With a CAI I had mine run 15.2 in the quarter and that was my second pass in the car. My wife still hasn't gotten the hang of launching her car yet and stays in the mid 15's. Now please keep in mind the car also has 1 10 inch stock sub and a 12 inch kicker in the trunk when I made my passes. Now if the car is an auto you should have a fairly equal chance but if its the 6 speed like mine it will eat you up.
Happy Shark Hunting
-Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2004, 08:47 AM   #22
Josh84
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 6601
What I Drive: 2003 Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Josh84 Good Standing Member
http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100

Take a look, it does appear my #'s were a little off cuz I was going by what I remembered, but you will see they aren't terribly impressive, but would kill my car probably, so....take it as you will. If they were on a diet they would be nice.

SRT-4 Bone Stock...Just past break in ;-)
Old 08-12-2004, 09:10 AM   #23
mconrada
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1652
What I Drive: 91 mx5

FF Reputation: 1 mconrada Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Josh84
http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100

Take a look, it does appear my #'s were a little off cuz I was going by what I remembered, but you will see they aren't terribly impressive, but would kill my car probably, so....take it as you will. If they were on a diet they would be nice.
I'm sorry, I wasn't refering to you. Most of the other posters were saying high 15's and that there's no way a stock Tib could make it into the 14's. I'm not the best driver in the world... but if I could make mine run a 15.2 then I'm sure a pro could shave a few 10ths off that. Also the air intake is one of the best mods you can do for that car. I've read a few articles in some magazines where the tib actually gained like 12 whp just on the intake when they were dyno-ing it.
Old 08-12-2004, 12:11 PM   #24
Seb656
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2059
What I Drive: SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Seb656 Good Standing Member
I spanked one in my SVT but there almost as fast you would proly get smoked

"Nitrous is like a hot chick with STDs... You wanna hit it, but you‘re afraid of the consequences."

My SVT Focus is #677 of 3985
Old 08-12-2004, 12:15 PM   #25
Elementa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 3261
What I Drive: 2003 Mach 1 Mustang

FF Reputation: 1 Elementa Good Standing Member
i beat one by about 2- 3 car lengths.....i think he was a preatty shitty driver or those things suck ass.....
Old 08-12-2004, 01:46 PM   #26
racerdan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10484
What I Drive: 04 Silver SVT 858 of 1978 Born Ja

FF Reputation: 1 racerdan Good Standing Member
I get my info from personal experience or the magazines. Either they get their info from the manufacturer, in which case they will usually tell you, or they road test the vehicles themselves. The guys that do the road tests for the most part aren't "shitty" drivers. They can usually give you a real and factual evaluation of the cars capabilities. And when Road and Track says that the V6 Tibby runs 15.9 in the quarter, I rest assured that the car isn't able to do a 14.5 or 15 flat.

You ain't old enough to have that much to bitch about!!!
Old 08-12-2004, 01:55 PM   #27
kaiten2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 9696
What I Drive: 2004, red, zts

FF Reputation: 1 kaiten2 Good Standing Member
I agree if they have tested it at a 15.9 I wouldnt imagine that it would drastically drop to a high 14 or 15 flat. But then again I have never actually seen one run so I suppose I could be wrong its just hard to believe when theyre rated at a 15.9
Old 08-12-2004, 02:12 PM   #28
BLKEUROSVTZX5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 9845
What I Drive: 04 Pitch Black Euro SVT ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 BLKEUROSVTZX5 Good Standing Member
My roomie has an 03 Tib and him and I sit almost side by side the whole way with my SVTF.
Old 08-12-2004, 07:02 PM   #29
jerryzx3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 9236
What I Drive: 2001 sangria red zx3 zetec

FF Reputation: 1 jerryzx3 Good Standing Member
If a magazine says they tested it you do know that they run it both directions several times till they get the fastest time, then they adjust it according to perfect temp and sea level. You can almost add a second to every time you see in a magazine. At least where I live. They said mine would do 16.4 stock and I couldn't get it bellow 18's stock and I know how to drive.
Old 08-12-2004, 07:12 PM   #30
crazy_urn
Capt. Urn

Fan#: 1986
What I Drive: 77 F-250, 10 HHR, 08 Outlook

FF Reputation: 5 crazy_urn Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
although i am not a big fan of the tibbys, they are pretty quick. i drove one a v6 a while back, and i thought it had pretty decent speed. with a good driver behind the wheel, you will lose, but unless you are racing for $, does it really matter.

go out and have a good time, and you might just get lucky.

Bookmarks & Social Networks