ne1 race v6 tiburon? - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-09-2004, 11:03 AM   #11
SVTJerbo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 9367
What I Drive: 2002 Svtf

FF Reputation: 1 SVTJerbo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by focusonthefocus
I took on a V6 Accord... 03 model. With two other people in my car, and with her rolling start, she got a car lenth infront of me.
you must mean she got a length in front of you by 40 and was still pulling
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2004, 04:52 PM   #12
jerryzx3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 9236
What I Drive: 2001 sangria red zx3 zetec

FF Reputation: 1 jerryzx3 Good Standing Member
I have raced one that had an exhaust and rims. I don't know what else he has done to it. I had him until the last 50' of the track. I think he won by about .2 . I was running 16.2 to 16.4 at the time. I could take him now. I do have alot more done than you though. You might as well race him, he may be a sorry driver
Old 08-09-2004, 04:57 PM   #13
2fast4u
Focus Addict

Fan#: 2375
What I Drive: ZX-3 gone, now 05 Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 1 2fast4u Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
do it for the hell of it,,they are fast,,but who knows,,,,,
Old 08-09-2004, 05:39 PM   #14
racerdan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10484
What I Drive: 04 Silver SVT 858 of 1978 Born Ja

FF Reputation: 1 racerdan Good Standing Member
According to Road and Track Road Test Summary the Tiberon runs 0-60 in 7.6 0-100 in 21.0 and a 1/4 in 15.9 @87.6. It's got 181 hp and is just a click slower than the SVT. In skid pad slalom and breaking about the only thing the Tiberon beats is a Hummer.

You ain't old enough to have that much to bitch about!!!
Old 08-09-2004, 05:54 PM   #15
ltdeckard
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 6295
What I Drive: 2004 Silver 2.3L PZEV ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 ltdeckard Good Standing Member
Not a chance you will win. I have raced my best friends tiburon about 20 times. He is not great with a stick but still beats me. I always beat him off the line but he always ends up edging me out. He never pulls away on me and I am usually right on his bumper but he still wins. I have also raced him after he put on his CAI and I put on my CAI and it is very close but I can't take him.

Of course now he installed a aftermarket exhaust and a short throw shifter and I'm still stuck with just my intake so I don't even try anymore...
Old 08-10-2004, 03:32 PM   #16
TooGQSVT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 4312
What I Drive: 2002 Pitch Black SVT

FF Reputation: 1 TooGQSVT Good Standing Member
Doubtful you'll take him. Do it for the fun of racing anyway.
You Want To Give
Old 08-10-2004, 05:05 PM   #17
Josh84
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 6601
What I Drive: 2003 Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Josh84 Good Standing Member
Nope, sorry, but he will take you unless he screws up on his shifts, my good friend has one, he has an intake and a few other mods, their engines are along the same lines as the 2.3 duratec, they are restricted at stock, so with little mods he got pretty quick, dont know his times, but he took a gt mustang on the road (manual)...im sure he wasn't the greatest driver, cuz I dont think that his tibby can do 13.9, but it can to mid 14's...think you can handle that? But by all means, run him, I ran against my friends Z28 Camero....(just for fun... )....btw I lost

SRT-4 Bone Stock...Just past break in ;-)
Old 08-11-2004, 02:48 PM   #18
racerdan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10484
What I Drive: 04 Silver SVT 858 of 1978 Born Ja

FF Reputation: 1 racerdan Good Standing Member
I sure would like to know where all these numbers come from......A STOCK TIBERON WON'T RUN IN THE 14's...period!!!! end a story!!! It will take some real slight of hand to make it in the 15's

You ain't old enough to have that much to bitch about!!!
Old 08-11-2004, 03:11 PM   #19
kaiten2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 9696
What I Drive: 2004, red, zts

FF Reputation: 1 kaiten2 Good Standing Member
The stock tiburon has 181 hp 177 ft tq which is pretty good but it also weighs 3023 lbs so that kinda takes away from it. Stock it runs the 1/4 mile in 15.96 sec at 86.39 mph so yeah it would take a bit to get it in the 14's
Old 08-12-2004, 08:14 AM   #20
Josh84
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 6601
What I Drive: 2003 Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Josh84 Good Standing Member
Actually, I was going to go and defend my last post, but I decided to back it up with some research...went to a tibby site much like this one, and luckily they had a thread dedicated to dyno's...well, im going to have to call BS on my friend, I dont see it possible that he is pushing what he says he is. I saw a few of the V6 models that have I/H/E and with a baseline they on average put down about 155hp and similar TQ #'s, I saw an auto with the above put down 145/150...which is hardly impressive. They do respond very well to turbo's, but im not too impressed with their #'s. I saw a nice I4 tibby put down 220/~220 on 8-10 psi, and in the 280's range at 16 psi...(didn't say he had forged internals...but im going to assume that he did).

Bottom line...give him a go...I still dont think you will have him..actually im pretty sure thats the case. But with a few more mods...you shouldn't have a problem.

SRT-4 Bone Stock...Just past break in ;-)

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.