assistance with nitrous installation - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-04-2009, 04:43 AM   #1
need4morespeed
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 70192
What I Drive: 2000 zx3

FF Reputation: 1 need4morespeed Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
assistance with nitrous installation

i just bought a zex wet nitrous injection kit for my 00 zx3. I am obviously brand new to this site but im not new to making my car go faster. i did alot of studying on the use of nitrous before purchasing this kit for my car and have learned quite a bit about how to safely use nitrous. i already have an AEM wideband A/F gauge installed and, i have my Xcal for data logging and altering my tune. however i did not receive any instructions with the kit at all and have no clue where to start with the installation as i have never personally used or installed nitrous before. i am perfectly capable if some1 can walk me through it. with the kit i got what were advertised as 4 different jets sizes 35, 50, 75, and 100. i also received the zex bottle warmer, all the lines (supposedly), all the wiring (supposedly) unused brand new but old msd rpm window switch, and the arming switch. i also believe it came with the WOT switch that works electronically by tapping into the TPS somehow. i need help installing ALL of this. im not planning on going without a tune. i will get a tune as soon as the kit is installed, tested, and working properly. i would also be very greatful if i could get some help figuring out how im supposed to datalog the wideband A/F gauge on my computer if the gauge and sensor are their own standalone part which isnt connected to the focus ECU in any way. but the guy at focus sport told me i would have to do this for a perfect tune. i refuse to pay a professional $300 to install this without allowing me to at least watch. i would much rather get help from you guys and do it on my own and LEARN. please help!

EDIT: i know ive already pretty much written a book but i thought it would be appropriate to note that my car has 107K miles on the engine and shows 140lbs of compression on all 4 cylinders. i plan on running the nitrous only occationally (spray once or twice a week maby) and i will never exceed a 75 shot of nitrous with the 100 shot of extra fuel. i already have torsen LSD, short ram, 65mm tb, 4-1 long tube header, 2.5 flex, 2.25 flex back, msd coil and plug wires, ralco STS, SVT suspension, energy bushings, all 3 vf motor mounts, ported 2000 manifold, exedy clutch, and fidanza aluminum flywheel.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2009, 08:30 PM   #2
need4morespeed
Focus Enthusiast

i cant believe that no1 can help. i wouldnt be all that surprised on focaljet if i was met with comments about blowing myself up by not having experience with nitrous use even tho i have clearly done my homework on the stuff. they arent very helpful over there but i think being completely ignored might just be worse.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:34 PM   #3
blackoutSVT
Lurking

Fan#: 52102
What I Drive: 86 sportster1100, 12 Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 9 blackoutSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
well what all do you need help on.. i have had several nitrous kits on my SVT and i have done many in the past few years...
Old 11-04-2009, 08:38 PM   #4
_spyder
Focusless

Fan#: 56088
What I Drive: Turbo 1996 Montego Blue Miata

FF Reputation: 16 _spyder Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
I'm guessing he just needs help on how to set it up. I am kinda in the same position as him because I will need to know how to install one in the future, but here is a link to look at:
http://www.musclemustangfastfords.co...web/index.html

I wish I could help more but I'll be watching this thread too. Too bad nitrous is a less common source of forced induction.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:47 PM   #5
blackoutSVT
Lurking

wetting it up is fairly easy...

the zex kit is one of the easiest kits to install...

running all of the lines is probably the hardest part...

just let me know what your having trouble on and ill see if i can't help you out...
Old 11-04-2009, 09:02 PM   #6
need4morespeed
Focus Enthusiast

where were you guys at earlier today when i was trying to tackle this thing! lol its fine. i was just starting to get kinda sad because it seemed like i was being ignored. i have the bottle mounted, lines ran out a body plug in the hatch, zip tied along the body up the the engine bay where i have the rest coiled up and tied down. thats as far as i made it. i need help with the cfm fuel rail adapter, wiring up the msd rpm window switch, master arm switch, switch to turn on the bottle warmer, WOT switch, all of that. basically it would be wonderful if i could get step by step pictures for the entire rest of the install after mounting bottle and running the line.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:40 PM   #7
blackoutSVT
Lurking

ok well let see here...

as for the lines being mounted if i were you i would go to homedepot and they have these clamp that you screw to the body get the ones with rubber on the inside of them to keep rubbing down and protect the lines... i use these on every kit i do.. it really looks pro and nice if any one is under your car..lol...

ok now for some of the wiring.. idk what you have and don't have so ill just speak form exp.. and sorry i don't have any pics to show you.. in fact if you could post some pictures of what you have it would help me out.. but any way.. you black is ground of course.. just ground it to the body of the car.. that one is easy.. dose yours have 4 wires or 2 coming out the back of the master switch if 2 this is easy if 4 i need to know what is what but if it is 4 2 should be ground i would think one for fuel and the other for nitrous...

lets start their and you can tell me what you have...
Old 11-04-2009, 09:45 PM   #8
need4morespeed
Focus Enthusiast

i dont remember how many wires there were in the back of the master switch and all the stuff is boxed up out in the cold garage and im about to go to sleep lol. any chance we could pick this back up in the morning? im sorry but im beat. ill take lots of pictures of what i have so you can see what i have to work with.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:48 PM   #9
blackoutSVT
Lurking

sure thing.. get some rest and well pick this back up tomorrow...
Old 11-04-2009, 09:54 PM   #10
need4morespeed
Focus Enthusiast

thanks

Bookmarks & Social Networks