MT removal, clutch slave cylinder and clutch replacement - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > DURATEC Performance (2003-2007)

DURATEC Performance (2003-2007) The place to chat about any Duratec 23, 23E, and 20 engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-21-2012, 12:54 AM   #21
blueoval23
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 46630
What I Drive: 2004 Silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 blueoval23 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Update 1, put in Exedy stage 1 clutch:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245226

Update 2, removed the transmission AGAIN. Short story: Vibration noise led to believe trans was shot. Long story:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...46#post4175046

Having now taken the transmission out of this car 3 times I thought I'd post a few helpful things I've learned. The main tip is to loosen the crossmember until its about to fall out. I've read of people removing it but to do that you have to disconnect the steering rack.

I removed all but 1 bolt on the passenger side and it was loose, like 2 threads hanging

I removed all the bolts on the driver side (the bolts you see are for the A-arm, not holding the crossmember to the chassis)

This shows how far the crossmember drops away from the car

This shows how much the steering rack has moved down

Remove the tow hook thingy in the front on the drivers side

With the crossmember super loose you can push it towards the back of the car 3-4" which gives you a bunch more room to swing the transmission when removing and re-installing.

Also, in case you were wondering, the inside of your MTX75 looks like this

Happy wrenching!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2013, 10:30 PM   #22
2006FocusST
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 116557
What I Drive: 2006 Black ZX4 ST

FF Reputation: 1 2006FocusST Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
So my friend accidentally pulled the tri ball thing apart, and i am unsure how to put it back together. Any help?

Bookmarks & Social Networks