Yea! - Page 8 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-12-2004, 05:05 PM   #71
FocusFreak1587
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 716
What I Drive: 1995 Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 1 FocusFreak1587 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (-1)
Hmmm....Solaris I hope i meet u sometime, and find a rsx by you. Then ill shut u up :-D. Id like to even race u at the drag and make mince meat of you. You must be a pretty shitty driver to only run a 15.7 with those mods.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2004, 05:11 PM   #72
Solaris
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 52
What I Drive: 1985 Volvo 740 GLE

FF Reputation: 1 Solaris Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
really focus freak most people are pretty impressed on this board to run a 15.7 with these mods. I think we have a bad case of car ego with u. Look man your car isn't as fast as u think it is. Show me a slip of u running a [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]g 15.5 cause i'm sure as hell u don't come close. I hate people like u who think they are so high and mighty. Look u ignorent prick your car doesn't runing [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]g 14's it's a midly modded Focus that could run a mid 15 maybe if Markko Martin drove it. Drive on over here i'm sure as hell ur car would run no better then a 15.5 at best. If u want to say it runs better post a slip big man cause i'm sick of reading ur bullshit.

Civichatch.... ya i have no idea if it's just a RSX type s problem or a hondata problem. Lots of people still run it don't get me wrong but he decided not to take the risk due to some cars going bonk and needed reflashed back to stock.

Now driving a 1985 Light Blue Volvo 740 GLE with 95,000 miles on it
Old 08-13-2004, 08:08 AM   #73
kaiten2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 9696
What I Drive: 2004, red, zts

FF Reputation: 1 kaiten2 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
yeah i think that a 15.7 isnt that bad at all with those mods especially on a zetec motor
Old 08-13-2004, 09:29 AM   #74
Josh84
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 6601
What I Drive: 2003 Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Josh84 Good Standing Member
This is rediculous....with my mods im making 145/142...I could not take an RSX Type S....and you think you can? What mods do you have that are putting you over the top? The flywheel?....Sorry but I dont think so..the clutch? If you have 80k on your car, then you might need a new clutch, the power WE are making, aren't enough to justify a new clutch, unless its just to have one, and the intake manifold...honestly, they dont do a whole lot, might get a little more up top..ive seen plenty of dyno's with that manifold, and from word of mouth, its not done alot. Most dont even notice it.

If you say you beat a stock RSX Type S...I cant believe it unless he missed 3rd on both runs. It could be possible though if these 2 friends of his were 250 each. But even so, can you honestly say you beat a rsx Type s when he had 2 EXTRA people in the car?

SRT-4 Bone Stock...Just past break in ;-)
Old 08-13-2004, 10:20 AM   #75
Solaris
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Josh84
This is rediculous....with my mods im making 145/142...I could not take an RSX Type S....and you think you can? What mods do you have that are putting you over the top? The flywheel?....Sorry but I dont think so..the clutch? If you have 80k on your car, then you might need a new clutch, the power WE are making, aren't enough to justify a new clutch, unless its just to have one, and the intake manifold...honestly, they dont do a whole lot, might get a little more up top..ive seen plenty of dyno's with that manifold, and from word of mouth, its not done alot. Most dont even notice it.

If you say you beat a stock RSX Type S...I cant believe it unless he missed 3rd on both runs. It could be possible though if these 2 friends of his were 250 each. But even so, can you honestly say you beat a rsx Type s when he had 2 EXTRA people in the car?
wurd!!!! a Focus needs to be putting down around 160/170whp to maybe beat a RSX type S and thats hard to do without FI

Old 08-13-2004, 11:34 AM   #76
CivicHatch+SVT-F
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 4136
What I Drive: Chris=96 Civic Hatch

FF Reputation: 4 CivicHatch+SVT-F Good Standing Member
lol... then, sad to say... the stock RSX Type-S decides to do I/E and its down to 14.3's

Ek hatch
- JDM b16 (SiRII) swap, Kaaz 1.5 way LSD, Evo2 exhaust, shorty intake, hi-flow cat, B&M 2-bend shifter, gutted, lightweight bucket CF seats, weighs in @ 2250lbs
Old 08-13-2004, 11:43 AM   #77
Solaris
Focus Fanatic

at the track i saw an RSX type s with only a turbo run 13.6 on like 12lbs of boost

Old 08-13-2004, 12:00 PM   #78
CivicHatch+SVT-F
Focus Fanatic

yeah, it must be nice to be able to just throw on I/E, ECU, and a set of sticky tires and break into the 13's NA Same goes with an S2000. Tat (the S in my sig) just threw on an AEM cold-air, stronger clutch, and CF'd his hood and trunk and he's pulling mid 13's grrrrrrr He took me for a ride in that lil 2-seater and I must say, I was bit nervous by the time he hit 9 grand in 1st through 3rd.

overrated someone said earlier? not when done right

Ek hatch
- JDM b16 (SiRII) swap, Kaaz 1.5 way LSD, Evo2 exhaust, shorty intake, hi-flow cat, B&M 2-bend shifter, gutted, lightweight bucket CF seats, weighs in @ 2250lbs
Old 08-13-2004, 01:04 PM   #79
Solaris
Focus Fanatic

i'm more impressed with the little civic hatches with race built gsr motors. A buddy of mine has one the damn thing runs 14's on a gsr motor with bolt ons. Another civic hatch down the street from me runs 12's it's like god damn people. I would love to have an S2000 and like throw some FI into it. The sucker would be deadly. the new s2000s with the 2.2 are nice gave it more torque because the 2.0 lacked due to the tuning for lots of highend. See when people talk about how hondas dont' have torque and the focus has more blah blah yada yada i don't think they have ever been in a car with as much high end as for example the Acura RSX type s has. The more and more u go up the tac the more and more u go in your seat. For the record i'm not a honda lover i'm just a performance lover. I respect anything that goes fast for a decent amount of money. If i wanted i could have a civic hatch with a GS-R swap but i'm just not interested. (said that last few so Focusfreak doesn't go crazy on me)

Old 08-13-2004, 01:19 PM   #80
CivicHatch+SVT-F
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Solaris
i'm just a performance lover. I respect anything that goes fast for a decent amount of money.
amen brotha! lol same here. yeah, im jealous of a bunch of hatches around here that are swapped. Theres atleast (no joke) 20 H22 swapped hatches, 5-6 boosted integra GS-R's (older style w/ newer GSRs and newer integras), a few built LS integras, and some boosted dx/ex civic coupes/hatches. My good friend Ron has a fully built H22 bottom end in a 92 hatch (less weight than mine), gutted rear seats, full suspension work and has a guy coming from the Miami area to tune his car for 20psi all day. He ran a 13.5 with vtec not working and an untuned turbo only pushing out 3psi. And the bottom end wasnt fully built yet!

And, I havent run into him yet, but there is a silver focus around here that literally spanked Jessicas friend Joshs (owns a 12 sec 5.0) mustang from a 40 roll. Josh looked at his friend Steve in amazement and asked, "did I just get worked by a focus?!"

and a nice lil sleeper Si (older style coupe, blue) thats laying down 460whp

Ek hatch

Bookmarks & Social Networks