Yea! - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-07-2004, 01:55 PM   #21
FocusFreak1587
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 716
What I Drive: 1995 Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 1 FocusFreak1587 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (-1)
Hey i was just saying what the kid told me, i mean he might have been bullshitting me i dont know. And he wasnt that bad of a driver, i mean he caught 3rd. And why is it so hard to believe i beat one? that wasnt the first one i beat, ive beat 2 of them. From a stand still i will kill them everytime, cause i have all low end. I mean i could understand if i only had like a intake and catback and trying to say i won, but i mean i have a good bit of mods done to my engine.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2004, 03:27 PM   #22
CivicHatch+SVT-F
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 4136
What I Drive: Chris=96 Civic Hatch

FF Reputation: 4 CivicHatch+SVT-F Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
was it right-hand drive? He was obviously bs'ing right there if it wasnt.

good kill...

but it wasnt an Integra Type-R. Those stock come with 220/158, 6-speed, LSD, and a 4.7 final drive. Thats easily in the high 14's. you sure it wasnt just a base-model RSX with different badges?

Ek hatch
- JDM b16 (SiRII) swap, Kaaz 1.5 way LSD, Evo2 exhaust, shorty intake, hi-flow cat, B&M 2-bend shifter, gutted, lightweight bucket CF seats, weighs in @ 2250lbs
Old 08-07-2004, 05:31 PM   #23
slammedfoci
Focus Addict

Fan#: 2137
What I Drive: 2000 Bright Amber Metallic ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 slammedfoci Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Even with 200+ hp the car is a little heavy. I think around 3200 pounds or so. Not really shure just what i herd. Also one of my buddys has a type s and i have not riddin in it yet But he says that he is not impressed at all, And that it is all hype. My brother inlaw bet the stank off of a type s with his 92 civic hatch. Both of them had header ,intake and full exhust, but my brother in law also had a gsr motor in his hatch.
PERFORMANCE:Aem cai, Aem air bypass valve, Autolite double platinum plugs,Ford Racing 9mm plug wires, Full magnaflow cat back exhaust, Fc race header, Focus Central Flex Pipe, Fc 65mm throttel body ,Fc strut brace, Prothane lower mount inserts, Prothane front and rear swaybar bushings and rear endlink kit, Fc spark plug cover
EXTERIOR: Aerospeed lowering springs, Sidemarkers, Svt upper grill, 03 Grey Headlights, Flat Black Stock 15s, APC Gen. 2 Mirrors, Euroglow Xenon Headlights
INTERIOR: Fc short shifter, Auto meter duel a-piller guage pod, Auto meter phantom oil pressure and Volt gauges, Ford racing tach w/shift light, SVT alum. pedals, Rear seat removed
Old 08-07-2004, 05:38 PM   #24
CAIS95
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5085
What I Drive: 04 SONIC BLUE SVT 3DOOR

FF Reputation: 1 CAIS95 Good Standing Member
my boy has a rsx base model in blue..this my be abother case of stolen identity...or up badging..porbably bought a type s emblem off ebay..hell they sell them at auto zone down here...good kill though..maybe you should have this guy pop his hood and then youll know if he is bshytin or not......till then..tell him your focus is the rs model.....and spank him again

hp:310 tq:276 sae adjusted to 156/143 **damn turbonator broke**

SVT SQUAD #240
Old 08-07-2004, 06:09 PM   #25
Justinzx3gfx
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 9772
What I Drive: 2001 White zx3

FF Reputation: 1 Justinzx3gfx Good Standing Member
iight man i have to give u the shadow of the doubt u do have a decent amount of mods...however i still think it is an rsx bro not an S
Old 08-07-2004, 08:04 PM   #26
CivicHatch+SVT-F
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 4136
What I Drive: Chris=96 Civic Hatch

FF Reputation: 4 CivicHatch+SVT-F Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by slammedfoci
Even with 200+ hp the car is a little heavy. I think around 3200 pounds or so. Not really shure just what i herd. Also one of my buddys has a type s and i have not riddin in it yet But he says that he is not impressed at all, And that it is all hype. My brother inlaw bet the stank off of a type s with his 92 civic hatch. Both of them had header ,intake and full exhust, but my brother in law also had a gsr motor in his hatch.
3200 in an S??? no, its about the same weight as an SVTF (around 2750). And Id hope your bro-in-law beat the stank off of the S in his 92 hatch (weighing about 2100lbs) with a GSR motor. That alone is good for a mid 14 sec run.

Ek hatch
- JDM b16 (SiRII) swap, Kaaz 1.5 way LSD, Evo2 exhaust, shorty intake, hi-flow cat, B&M 2-bend shifter, gutted, lightweight bucket CF seats, weighs in @ 2250lbs
Old 08-07-2004, 08:24 PM   #27
bowersdaazian
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2963
What I Drive: '04 2.3 ZX3 ; FSW/JCM PWSC SVT

FF Reputation: 8 bowersdaazian Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Well i think the reason people are reluctant to believe you is the fact that the RSX S can be easily in the 14's with just a pro driver and some sticky rubber. And the mod list you have brings you up to what HP range, 160, 170 maybe (not sure how much it adds, simply a guess). even with the weight, i think that if he knew how to drive well, then the outcome probably would be different. Not that it isnt a kill anymore, but its just that you make it seem different.

"Jam Harder, Penetrate Deeper, Dispense Longer"
and
"In God we Trust, All Others we Monitor, Jam or Deceive"
Old 08-07-2004, 11:04 PM   #28
FocusFreak1587
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 716
What I Drive: 1995 Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 1 FocusFreak1587 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (-1)
Well, im not that bad of a driver, acually ive been racing sprint cars for years, dragged many times ect. When you say a race, cars dont mean shit, it comes down to the driver. I mean u can take 2 identical cars, a good driver bad driver, and the good driver can b a car length ahead, both have the same power. I mean i have beat a mustang gt before, only because he wasnt the best of driver, and ive been racing for years.
Old 08-07-2004, 11:14 PM   #29
crazy_urn
Capt. Urn

Fan#: 1986
What I Drive: 77 F-250, 10 HHR, 08 Outlook

FF Reputation: 5 crazy_urn Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally posted by FocusFreak1587
When you say a race, cars dont mean shit, it comes down to the driver.
so, your saying that if the best driver in the world is driving a stock focus, and an average, or even below average driver is behind the wheel of a mustang cobra, that the focus will win simply because its a better driver?

ok, you in your focus against an average or below average driver in a viper... who would win that race?

yes, if cars are similar, it comes down to driver. but there are some races that even a great driver will not make a huge differance.
Old 08-07-2004, 11:35 PM   #30
bowersdaazian
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2963
What I Drive: '04 2.3 ZX3 ; FSW/JCM PWSC SVT

FF Reputation: 8 bowersdaazian Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
a bad driver (1/4) will do about 1- 1.5 seconds worse then the estimated time for a good driver to do. So a Mustang will still be even with a SVTF (if not better) with a horrible driver behind the wheel.

"Jam Harder, Penetrate Deeper, Dispense Longer"
and
"In God we Trust, All Others we Monitor, Jam or Deceive"

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.