Need help Installing Eibach pro kit springs. - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis

Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis The place to go for answers on brakes, suspension, camber, alignment and more.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-06-2004, 11:56 AM   #1
giobello
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 11422
What I Drive: 2000 White Focus ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 giobello Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Need help Installing Eibach pro kit springs.

Hi everyone im new on this site and im looking for anyone that has any typre of tips or suggestions on installing lower springs. I have purchased Eibach pro kit and will be taclking the installation on my own with some help. Please if anyone has done this b4 and may know any tips that can help with my installation it would be greatly appreciated. Question as well for anyone with this setup. How is the ride wth the original dampers. Im not upgrading the damper yet cause it's 2 costly right now. So everone knows i am mechanically inclined but i have never replaced springs on a new car. I've only worked on older cars. If anyone would like to see some of my work they can check it out @ www.autowonderland.ca.

Thank You everyone
Gio

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2004, 11:58 AM   #2
S2
Retired Fanatic

Fan#: 4939
What I Drive: Camaro 2SS/RS

FF Reputation: 67 S2 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (20)
http://www.focusworld.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=399

Good Luck!!
Old 08-06-2004, 12:34 PM   #3
giobello
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 11422
What I Drive: 2000 White Focus ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 giobello Good Standing Member
Hey bro awesome website. Thanks a bunch. Anyone know how the ride is with the original dampers and the Eibach pro kit? You guys have graet website by the way. It's awesome.
Is there a need for a lower and upper sway bar on the focus not that i'm lowering it. Will it improve my ride!!
Old 08-06-2004, 12:56 PM   #4
Solaris
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 52
What I Drive: 1985 Volvo 740 GLE

FF Reputation: 1 Solaris Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
i'm all for DIU but springs were the only mod i paid to have done. Once your car is over about 20k it's a [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]g bitch to do springs.

Now driving a 1985 Light Blue Volvo 740 GLE with 95,000 miles on it
Old 08-07-2004, 11:05 AM   #5
dwdgsi03
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2298
What I Drive: 2000 Midship Runabout

FF Reputation: 1 dwdgsi03 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally posted by giobello
Hey bro awesome website. Thanks a bunch. Anyone know how the ride is with the original dampers and the Eibach pro kit? You guys have graet website by the way. It's awesome.
Is there a need for a lower and upper sway bar on the focus not that i'm lowering it. Will it improve my ride!!
i have stock shocks with my teins and have had them on for almost 4 months now and the ride is becoming bouncier. I think the stock shocks are pretty much done. just waiting on my eibachs from madperformance because they were on back order. as far as a sway bar goes, by upper and lower, i assume you mean front and rear. they both reduce body roll, but the rear bar will make a dramatic difference. but they aren't a neccessity, it's all on personal preference. how stiff do you want your suspension?
Old 08-07-2004, 10:23 PM   #6
microtonal
FF #1 Most Wanted

Fan#: 470
What I Drive: 2012 GTI, 2014 Forester XT

FF Reputation: 12 microtonal Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
I just installed the pro-kit springs myself and it's pretty easy with the right tools and a lot of patience...

I have stock shocks/dampners and the ride is fine. I plan to get new ones in 6-7 months though.

Just be prepared for a stiff ride...
Old 08-07-2004, 10:26 PM   #7
S2
Retired Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by giobello
That is what I have right now, stock dampers and the Eibach Prokit springs, ride is awesome, way better than stock, not bouncy at all, actually more stiff than the stock ride, corners awesome too....

Sway bars will help with the bodyroll when your cornering. You could get them I suppose alone without any other suspension mods but most people do the springs/dampers first (or first and second) and then get the sway bars last, or everything together if you can afford it.
Old 08-07-2004, 10:32 PM   #8
microtonal
FF #1 Most Wanted

Fan#: 470
What I Drive: 2012 GTI, 2014 Forester XT

FF Reputation: 12 microtonal Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Just make sure you have a good 12inch or larger breaker bar for those tough rusted bolts.
A torque wrench is also a good idea if you can get access to one.
Also, do not skimp on the spring compressor.
$35 at Autozone and you get a full refund when you take it back. It's their rental agreement.
You need the one for Macpherson struts.
Old 08-08-2004, 11:08 AM   #9
FOCUS 187
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 11243
What I Drive: 01 Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 FOCUS 187 Good Standing Member
I have the Pro-Kit on my ZX3 and the ride is great,make sure you get the allignment done,because the settings will probably be off.
Old 08-09-2004, 09:23 AM   #10
S2
Retired Fanatic

Yeah the Prokit is awesome, definitely one of the best, if not the best, out there for everyday driving. Not to low, but definitley lower than the 4x4 stock setup. Also, like the post above, definitely definitely get an alignment or you'll be buying new back tires in no time if the alignment is out. Mine was out BAD when I got the springs installed, got an alignment a couple days after the install to let the springs settle a bit.....

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->