"communication error" - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Focus Tuning Chat

Focus Tuning Chat Discuss performance tuning options for your Ford Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-16-2009, 05:17 PM   #1
horsePOOGAS
Focus Addict

Fan#: 30328
What I Drive: 02 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 horsePOOGAS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
"communication error"

"Communication error-please check connections"

^^ OK. I have an X3 with livelink 4 whatever AND the newest 5 whatever on a diffrent computer.

Tom and I have alread done tuning with the version 5 software, he wanted me to go to the 4 version to try something.

Now here is my problem... AFTER I went to the ladder version I had yet to try and play with it...according to sct it's pretty well the same as 5....I don't really know.

So later in the week I had my USB cord plugged into my USB port thats in my computer. We had lighting strike around my house and I had a couple things fried in the house..computer wasn't one of them, thank god and lucky for me my x3 wasn't plugged in.

After I delt with what was damaged I got to a point to do some more tuning... I had V.4, I data logged came back and tried to load it onto livelink and the message "communication..." came up.

So this is what I've done so far... I went to another computer, loaded v.4 plugged my x3 in and samething. So I'm thinking it's my cable. Went to radio shake made sure I got the same cable...Samething. ugh. So now I'm playing with the program switching things around playing with it trying to make it work..nothing. The last time talk to tech support I had them help me with downloading the V.4... I told them about this problem and the guy just pointed the finger at my cable which like I've already ramblem about I've replaced and hasn't gotten me anywhere. So I went back to V.5. and guess what? samething!!!!

I'm starting to think it's my x3. I don't know what else to do and I don't know what else to try. I have tried doing diffrent things on livelink like getting my processor ID and it pretty well tells me the samething.

HELP!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2009, 08:22 PM   #2
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Contact SCT Monday or maybe he will chime in on here

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 10-16-2009, 10:23 PM   #3
horsePOOGAS
Focus Addict

Fan#: 30328
What I Drive: 02 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 horsePOOGAS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
I tried today but was to late before they closed. Hopeing maybe he or someone else could help before monday...if not guess i'll call ::sigh:: lol

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->