Sad day for this bird.... - Page 9 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace



Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2009, 12:43 PM   #81
DJslurp1200
Focus Fanatic
 
DJslurp1200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Fan#: 45538
Location: Clearwater, FL, United States
What I Drive: 02' Mustang GT Premium Convertible

Posts: 1,522
FF Reputation: 13 DJslurp1200 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
There is nothing contradictory about hearing a v8... while I've heard v6's that had a somewhat simliar type of tone that a v8 might produce... I heard the guy revving his car as I stood behind it while he was boasting about it in the pits... Even a v6 that sounds like a v8 in idle sounds like a v6 under heavy rev's... You just can't replicate V8 revving sound with a V6... It just not going to happen...

And not everyone is saying that I didn't beat a V8... only you and your GM fanboys... That only registered on a focus website to post in response to a video that caused disbelief in your GM loving hearts...

Rather than to continue to troll my thread why don't you just accept the fact that a 2.3L Focus WITH ONLY A INTAKE beat a slow ass heavy ass 3rd gen 305 firebird...

As for the 4th gen LT1 kill... neither of us need to go on any further because it only looks stupid going back and forth on a messageboard about dumb shat... I'll post the vid when I get my boy to come out to the track...

However,

If you have a regional forum on your "GM" forum and know someone with a BONE STOCK 3rd gen (305) or a 4th gen auto LT1 (Bone stock like my friends) firebird that wants to race... Let me know and we can go down the same track as the one posted in the video and I'll record those runs as well...
DJslurp1200 is offline  
   
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-01-2009, 12:46 PM   #82
DJslurp1200
Focus Fanatic
 
DJslurp1200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Fan#: 45538
Location: Clearwater, FL, United States
What I Drive: 02' Mustang GT Premium Convertible

Posts: 1,522
FF Reputation: 13 DJslurp1200 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cayse View Post

you're basing your argument on the assumption that the focus st is a mid-16 second car... Which it isn't. I don't know how you calculated, but the st is a mid-to-low 15 second car in the quarter with a good driver, which the op clearly is based on the clean launch and fast shifting. There's no question that an '05-'07 focus st will kill an lo3 or lg4 v8 thirdgen.
thank you!!
DJslurp1200 is offline  
   
Old 10-01-2009, 02:30 PM   #83
tpivette
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Fan#: 69410
Location: Newark, DE
What I Drive: just an old chevy

Posts: 36
FF Reputation: 1 tpivette Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
the focus ran a 10.6 at 56mph in the 1/8... no matter how much you say the car COULD do low 15s, fact of the matter is a 10.6 in the 1/8 translates to a mid 16 in the 1/4 mile. for comparison, my old 84' Z28 (LG4 carbed 305... 150hp/240tq, auto trans) went 10.2 at 68mph in the 1/8, and a 16.0 at 85mph in the 1/4. keep in mind a 91/92 base V8 would have 20 more hp than my old car. and since your 1/8 mile time was slower than what mine ran... well... ill let you do the math


look at the video again. you put a good 4 car lengths or so on that firebird in only 660ft. theres no way one 16 sec car would do that to another 16 sec car

as i said earlier, my ex GF had a 100% bone stock Formula (LT1 auto w 3.23 gears) that went 14.0 at 100mph. no focus with an intake is going to come even close to that
tpivette is offline  
   
Old 10-01-2009, 05:10 PM   #84
DJslurp1200
Focus Fanatic
 
DJslurp1200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Fan#: 45538
Location: Clearwater, FL, United States
What I Drive: 02' Mustang GT Premium Convertible

Posts: 1,522
FF Reputation: 13 DJslurp1200 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
DJslurp1200 is offline  
   
Old 10-01-2009, 06:02 PM   #85
BigRed03
( o Y o )
 
BigRed03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Fan#: 32177
Location: Ft. Laudy, Afghanistan
What I Drive: 2003 CD Silver ZX5 SVT

Posts: 5,545
FF Reputation: 9 BigRed03 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
^^^LOLOLOL ROFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpivette View Post
the focus ran a 10.6 at 56mph in the 1/8... no matter how much you say the car COULD do low 15s, fact of the matter is a 10.6 in the 1/8 translates to a mid 16 in the 1/4 mile. for comparison, my old 84' Z28 (LG4 carbed 305... 150hp/240tq, auto trans) went 10.2 at 68mph in the 1/8, and a 16.0 at 85mph in the 1/4. keep in mind a 91/92 base V8 would have 20 more hp than my old car. and since your 1/8 mile time was slower than what mine ran... well... ill let you do the math


look at the video again. you put a good 4 car lengths or so on that firebird in only 660ft. theres no way one 16 sec car would do that to another 16 sec car

as i said earlier, my ex GF had a 100% bone stock Formula (LT1 auto w 3.23 gears) that went 14.0 at 100mph. no focus with an intake is going to come even close to that
1. We all know that translating 1/8th mile into 1/4 mile times is stupid.

2. Sunshine is a SHITTY track, horrible traction.

3. What year did your g/fs LT1 (model and year pls?) hit 14.0?

Steve, next time hit the flashers to really piss these boys off LOL.

Now, to go out to the driveway and fire up a 302 FORD because it sounds 21654651015616541 times better than any chevy from 1980s to early 1990s.
__________________
BigRed03 is offline  
   
Old 10-01-2009, 06:10 PM   #86
DJslurp1200
Focus Fanatic
 
DJslurp1200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Fan#: 45538
Location: Clearwater, FL, United States
What I Drive: 02' Mustang GT Premium Convertible

Posts: 1,522
FF Reputation: 13 DJslurp1200 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
alot of people were having problems getting traction on the track that night... I have videos of other races and everybody was having issues hooking up...
DJslurp1200 is offline  
   
Old 10-01-2009, 06:31 PM   #87
BigRed03
( o Y o )
 
BigRed03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Fan#: 32177
Location: Ft. Laudy, Afghanistan
What I Drive: 2003 CD Silver ZX5 SVT

Posts: 5,545
FF Reputation: 9 BigRed03 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Yeah, I went there once with my friend who had an ex-police interceptor crown vic, neither of us could get traction, but sure enough, I always got him out of the hole no matter what track we went too LOL 1 wheel squeal FTL!

Plus, my fastest time ever with the red car was 15.9xx at OSW in Orlando. His best time that night was 15.89x (cold Feb night). That standard zetec just had NO juice past 60 or 70 mph....(5000 rpm in 3rd gear, w/e that was....) v-tak never kicked in :-/ LOL
__________________
BigRed03 is offline  
   
Old 10-01-2009, 06:38 PM   #88
DJslurp1200
Focus Fanatic
 
DJslurp1200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Fan#: 45538
Location: Clearwater, FL, United States
What I Drive: 02' Mustang GT Premium Convertible

Posts: 1,522
FF Reputation: 13 DJslurp1200 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed03 View Post
v-tak never kicked in :-/ LOL
V-Tak !!!!!!!!


DJslurp1200 is offline  
   
Old 10-01-2009, 06:38 PM   #89
CaysE
EDM Specialist
 
CaysE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Fan#: 22059
Location: Tampa, FL
What I Drive: Blown red SVT

Posts: 6,584
FF Reputation: 80 CaysE Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpivette View Post
the focus ran a 10.6 at 56mph in the 1/8... no matter how much you say the car COULD do low 15s, fact of the matter is a 10.6 in the 1/8 translates to a mid 16 in the 1/4 mile. for comparison, my old 84' Z28 (LG4 carbed 305... 150hp/240tq, auto trans) went 10.2 at 68mph in the 1/8, and a 16.0 at 85mph in the 1/4. keep in mind a 91/92 base V8 would have 20 more hp than my old car. and since your 1/8 mile time was slower than what mine ran... well... ill let you do the math


look at the video again. you put a good 4 car lengths or so on that firebird in only 660ft. theres no way one 16 sec car would do that to another 16 sec car...
You're wrong. Compare ANY high-revving I4 that has the same 1/4 mile time as a torquey V8, and you will see the I4 has a worse 60' and a worse 1/8th mile, but will have the same 1/4 time and higher trap speed. You're trying to translate 1/4 mile times from an 1/8 mile time using V8 conversion.

This translates to ANY car... different power curves and gear ratios will change its trap speeds at different points on the track.
CaysE is offline  
   
Old 10-01-2009, 08:27 PM   #90
tpivette
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Fan#: 69410
Location: Newark, DE
What I Drive: just an old chevy

Posts: 36
FF Reputation: 1 tpivette Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed03 View Post
1. We all know that translating 1/8th mile into 1/4 mile times is stupid.

2. Sunshine is a SHITTY track, horrible traction.

3. What year did your g/fs LT1 (model and year pls?) hit 14.0?

Steve, next time hit the flashers to really piss these boys off LOL.

Now, to go out to the driveway and fire up a 302 FORD because it sounds 21654651015616541 times better than any chevy from 1980s to early 1990s.
1) we all know that apparently you havent been at a dragstrip much in your life or you wouldnt have said such nonsense

2) doesnt matter. mph is the real indicator of power production, launch be damned, and this Focus only went 56mph in the 1/8. to run a low 15 sec 1/4, most FWD cars usually trap around 90mph in the 1/4. no way, no how this Focus was going to gain 34mph on the back half of the track

3) it was a 94' Formula firebird. auto trans, 112k miles, 3.23 posi rear. rated at 275hp/325tq. the year was 2003 when she ran that time

for the last time, i dont care that the firebird lost. in fact i congratulated the Focus owner in my first post. however, when a car that runs a shitty 10.6 at 56mph in the eigth starts thumping his chest about how he can now take down V8 cars... ones that are almost 2 whole seconds faster in the same eigth mile (LT1)... its that kind of ignorance that bothers me

all chevys from 55 - the introduction of the LS1 have the same firing order, and thus would sound the same. so i guess all small block muscle cars from the 60s and 70s sound worse as well?
tpivette is offline  
   
Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:27 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.