Sad day for this bird.... - Page 18 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 11:25 PM   #171
Roushturboedzx3
I Fab Too Much

Fan#: 42814
What I Drive: 2002 Liquid Gray ZX3

FF Reputation: 20 Roushturboedzx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
LOl the overall midrange and torque is sooo much greater then the lt1 and id take you up on your offer for the race its just a focus :0 or if you have a promod car you wanna run we can run with that too.

Just for fun go on youtube and type in ......ndacut...... just like that its a bunch of grudge racing we do in FL. you will here a guy yell out wheres stanley and thats who drive the promod car;)
I may not be the baddest, but the baddest dont Fu** with me

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2009, 12:44 AM   #172
tpivette
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 69410
What I Drive: just an old chevy

FF Reputation: 1 tpivette Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
what overall midrange torque is greater than a LT1? yours?

ever seen a dyno graph of a stock LT1? the torque curve is tabletop flat. i had a 93' Corvette 6speed that i dynoed when it was bone stock a few years back. it put down 266rwhp/306rwtq. due to its anti-tuned designed intake manifold, it made just over 300rwtq from 2500 to 4500 rpms. what kind of wtq #s does your turbo motor produce in that range?

that car was pretty quick for what it was. alls i did to it was free mods and i got it to run 13.32 at 107.63mph with a crappy 2.14 60ft. not too bad for a stock LT1

pro-mod car? not me. its just a 98k mile LT4 corvette with free mods, a hotcam, and a mail-order tune. nothing special

Old 10-11-2009, 03:22 AM   #173
bringler26
FUBARCUS

Fan#: 59705
What I Drive: 03 ZX3 & 07 Impreza 2.5i

FF Reputation: 29 bringler26 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I like this thread actually lots of cool info. I did my first auto x its a lot of fun you should reinstall your front bar and try it out some time. It is so much Fun.
Originally Posted by zetecDon View Post
I always moderate naked!

Old 10-11-2009, 11:38 AM   #174
Zman96
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 69595
What I Drive: 96 Z28

FF Reputation: 1 Zman96 Good Standing Member
This thread is so full of shit it stinks...
http://www.dragtimes.com/Ford--Focus-Dyno-Sheets.html
http://www.dragtimes.com/Pontiac--Fi...no-Sheets.html
http://www.dragtimes.com/compare2.ph...ame=Compare%21

I don't think Drag Times has any reason to be biased, but I'm sure these figures will be challenged.

Old 10-11-2009, 01:28 PM   #175
tpivette
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman96 View Post
This thread is so full of shit it stinks...
I don't think Drag Times has any reason to be biased, but I'm sure these figures will be challenged.
so you jumped on a random website that claims to have all info on all cars, and are calling BS on testimony from actual car owners based on that? lame

i have never heard of that site, and the numbers they list are all over the place

there arent any mods listed for those cars so im assuming theyre stock... 320ftlbs for a 03' focus? are you kidding?

the best way to determine real performance specs and data is to go on the respective forums of the cars in question and do research from the people who actually dyno and race their own cars. those "all car data" sites are usually way off

no crappy generic website is going to be able to disclaim what ive actually ran and what ive actually seen

Old 10-12-2009, 01:09 AM   #176
DJslurp1200
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 45538
What I Drive: 02' Mustang GT Premium Convertible

FF Reputation: 13 DJslurp1200 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrdWAtti2d View Post
So you beat up on an antique POS Firebird, how impressive, not! Well I DO live in Florida, about 10 minutes from Sunshine, so anytime you want to see what a real bird can do just hit me up. brdwatti2d@aol.com But I doubt you will.

I've already beat an LT1 just like yours but white... That doesn't mean I will beat every stock LT1 firebird... But it was the same body style wheels and everything but white... It was a much closer race but he was Auto maybe you have a stick?

I doubt your exactly bone stock... I'll be at sunshine in a couple of weeks though at the next event with the camera in hand...I'll be the only
"4dr black focus" at the track.

Win or Lose If we happen to run against each other, the video will be on youtube for all to see... It will be fun to capture the particular race on film.

If I lose oh well it was expected... and you beat a 2.3L ford focus in your 5.7L "LT1" Firebird...

if you lose... it will be pretty damn funny.

It's all in good fun.

Old 10-12-2009, 01:29 AM   #177
DJslurp1200
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrdWAtti2d View Post
Seriously dude, the guy's posting a 10.62 8th in his sig? I'd be embarrassed to admit I couldn't do better than that.
I could easily do better than that if I was more prepared for the track...

If you happened to have actually already been a member on here rather than just jump on here to talk smack and back up your friends about how you can't believe a focus beat a firebird you would see some of the posts I make in the general off topic section...

I buy/sell/breed reptiles, I had probably a good 75+lb's worth of hide rocks, ceramic water bowls and other supplies & accessories for a reptile show that weekend in the trunk of my car, A full tank of gas and I had a male adult passenger in the car as well filming the runs... That weight all adds up and is going to take a toll on the end time or result of a wee little 4cyl motor!

Of course I would have taken all of that s**t had I gone to work that day thinking I was going to head out to the dragstrip but it was a last minute decision to go...

To prove I'm not fibbing about the reptiles and reason of such a rediculous weight for some reptile supplies I will post a couple pics to show some of the volume I work with...

My girl helping me go thru some african imports and get them packed up for a show... each clear deli style tub has a snake in it... count 'em... that's only a fraction of what we took with us to one show...

Incubator - each tub you see has 5-10 eggs inside of it.... count those....

That all adds up so I'm sure you can now imagine the weight of the amount of just supplies alone that would cause a difference in my time... compared to what other "ST's" have ran with the same mod or even stock!

I can't really say anything about conditions because again... it was only my first time at the track and I have never ran a timed run other than that... So I have never experienced any multiple runs with differen't conditions to compare...

And for the record... I am not going around talking about "I have a v8 slaying focus"...

I'm just posting about how I just so happened to race a couple v8's, it was actually kinda suprising to me and thought it was kinda funny and too awesome NOT to share!

Old 10-12-2009, 05:19 AM   #178
TheDarkness03
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 67488
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue ST2

FF Reputation: 1 TheDarkness03 Good Standing Member
more pics of the hot girlfriend please

2003 Screaming Yellow SVTF (EAP) - SOLD
2003 Dark Shadow Grey SVT COBRA - SOLD

Old 10-12-2009, 07:44 AM   #179
DJslurp1200
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkness03 View Post
more pics of the hot girlfriend please
In time my friend... in time...

Old 10-12-2009, 04:38 PM   #180
tpivette
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

well, hopefully the LT1 firebird is still on here and has read that reply from you. that way you can see what a LT1 fbody thats in good shape can actually do. weve already agreed that a CAI only Focus is, at best, a low 15 sec car... while the LT1 should be an easy low 14 sec car. if you two line up i think you will start to agree with me that your friends LT1 is seriously out of whack and thats why you could beat him. he needs to get his car to a good shop and have it looked at

BTW- from talking to the owner of the LT1 firebird, alls he has is a catback and its an auto trans. not that it makes much difference... with GM V8 cars, theres not as much of a performance gap between a manual and auto trans as there seems to be with 4cyl cars

Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks