Ford Keyless Entry Keypad - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-16-2009, 08:59 AM   #1
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 267 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Ford Keyless Entry Keypad

OK, so we replaced the wrecked 97 Aerostar hurriedly (to my dismay) because the tags were bad on it, and it wouldn't pass inspection without a turn signal or with the damage. We got an ok deal on a 2002 Windstar with all the appropriate goodies for a modern family van.

The problem I'm having is that the original owner decided to throw away the keypad code without writing it in the owner's manual or somewhere else. This wouldn't really scare me much if my wife didn't have a habit of locking the keys in her vehicle once per month, and I had an extra key. Of course, I'll go to Home Depot and get a key made to open the door, but it would be nice if we had the keypad code so I didn't have to run over there with the baby who complains constantly because she's teething and never gets enough sleep.

I've looked on the ECU- but not removed it to check the back, and I've looked on the Keyless Entry control module for stickers that give the code according to information I found online- no luck. Apparently someone else- probably the car dealer took the same route because it seemed like every part I removed had been previously removed- including the KEM. It doesn't look like he removed the ECU (or front control module as it's listed on the sticker).

I've heard that dealers charge $50 for the service, but I'd rather not since I already have to do a brake job on the front at least. Yay used cars.

One more thing I haven't looked into yet- has anyone had experience with power seats? The driver's seat moves forward, backward, and the butt goes up and down, but not the front edge of the seat. I think there's supposed to be movement there, but apparently the motor or switch is bad. I'm guessing motor- although it could be unplugged. I've noticed a few things here and there that look like owner/idiot repair damage.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2009, 09:26 AM   #2
LongDucDong
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 59052
What I Drive: 2003 SVTF 3 door

FF Reputation: 10 LongDucDong Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Does Ford supply the code for the keypad or is that something the owner personalizes?
Old 09-16-2009, 09:46 AM   #3
drosado15
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 63457
What I Drive: 01 Black zx3, 06 Pearl White Titan

FF Reputation: 3 drosado15 Good Standing Member
Im pretty sure if i remember correctly it's Under the ECU.

God i hate Windstars Nothing but problems with the motor for my mom.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:47 AM   #4
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

FF Reputation: 267 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
There is a factory code that is programmed into the computer and can't be erased. You can use that code to enter your own personal code, but the factory code will still work always.

Quote:
Old 09-16-2009, 10:01 AM   #5
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by drosado15 View Post
Im pretty sure if i remember correctly it's Under the ECU.

God i hate Windstars Nothing but problems with the motor for my mom.
Yeah, if it was the aluminum intake, then those had problems with the intake manifold screws loosening and coolant would leak into one of the 2 back cylinders. All of them have problems with the rocker arms- especially if the oil is not changed frequently. That can be alleviated by using 5.0 roller rockers, and cleaning the pushrods if you do a valve cover or intake manifold job. I have half a mind to install Rhodes lifters and 1.8 ratio roller rockers as the valve cover is seeping slightly. I'm not sure about the lifters though because I don't think there's any way to get an adjuster bolt to work if the stock rocker bolts are metric.

All vans have problems because of the difficulty to work in cramped spaces- things get forgotten- like my oil breather tube that was disconnected until I found it. It's just hard to find good help these days. LOL

Thanks for the suggestion Drosado- I'll check there after a while. For now duty calls, and I must go to work

Quote:
Old 09-16-2009, 11:11 AM   #6
2wheeladict
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 69029
What I Drive: 2005 focus zx4, 2003 cbr f4i

FF Reputation: 8 2wheeladict Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
the code should be in the back under the carpet written somewhere i forget where. on cars its on the trunk arms on a sticker.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:19 AM   #7
drosado15
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 63457
What I Drive: 01 Black zx3, 06 Pearl White Titan

FF Reputation: 3 drosado15 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by whynotthinkwhynot View Post
Yeah, if it was the aluminum intake, then those had problems with the intake manifold screws loosening and coolant would leak into one of the 2 back cylinders. All of them have problems with the rocker arms- especially if the oil is not changed frequently. That can be alleviated by using 5.0 roller rockers, and cleaning the pushrods if you do a valve cover or intake manifold job. I have half a mind to install Rhodes lifters and 1.8 ratio roller rockers as the valve cover is seeping slightly. I'm not sure about the lifters though because I don't think there's any way to get an adjuster bolt to work if the stock rocker bolts are metric.

All vans have problems because of the difficulty to work in cramped spaces- things get forgotten- like my oil breather tube that was disconnected until I found it. It's just hard to find good help these days. LOL

Thanks for the suggestion Drosado- I'll check there after a while. For now duty calls, and I must go to work
I remember something cracked on the motor 3 weeks after owning the car brand new. The Automatic Sliding Doors in the Rear Would NEVER Close all the way NEVER A/C Constantly Broke. Eventually after 2 Months they gave her a new Van. Got the new ones and more problems, She ended up getting a Buick rendezvous Then lost that because of me =( Got hit by lighting during a Highschool Football game and insurance paid all bills but the Helicopter Ride 22k
Old 09-16-2009, 11:26 AM   #8
svtjackal
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 50829
What I Drive: 2001 RED SVTL, 2003 CD-silver SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 svtjackal Good Standing Member
In some navigators/aviators the sticker with the code was on the rear hatch struts or around the tailgate, don't know if this also apply to your windstar but nothing to lose to look in there.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:25 PM   #9
Phokus
Shiny Metal Titanium

Fan#: 60433
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Titanium Seda

FF Reputation: 7 Phokus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
can't you just ask the previous owner what his/her code was?
Old 09-16-2009, 12:42 PM   #10
lyonsroar

Fan#: 63166
What I Drive: 2009 Volkswagen GTI

FF Reputation: 31 lyonsroar Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by whynotthinkwhynot View Post
The problem I'm having is that the original owner decided to throw away the keypad code without writing it in the owner's manual or somewhere else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phokus View Post
can't you just ask the previous owner what his/her code was?
Nope.

Bookmarks & Social Networks