Raced a civic SI - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Autocross Racing

Autocross Racing The place to discuss information about autocross stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-02-2004, 12:51 PM   #31
P0WeRbyDuratec
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2109
What I Drive: 2012 WRX Limited

FF Reputation: 1 P0WeRbyDuratec Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
This kid musta been the worlds worse driver..... I think my grandma could pull better then a 16.4. Heck in my stock pzev atx with CAI could pull better then a 16.4

Not all honda's are slow i hate to tell you. You should really come to buffalo and see some of the honda's around here. They look stock except for maybe a new set of headlights and rims.The'll run 11's and then they tell you that its set up for autocross.

Kids rolling around with JDM H22's also. Man this kid musta sucked balls
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2004, 01:06 PM   #32
el_lobo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5730
What I Drive: 2004 White LX w/2.3L PZEV

FF Reputation: 1 el_lobo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
It was the driver. My cousin has an 01 or 02 civic si and it stomps all over my PZEV. We are both stock, or I'm pretty sure he is stock because he dumps all of his money into his del sol and the civic is his daily driver.
Old 08-02-2004, 05:16 PM   #33
jerryzx3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 9236
What I Drive: 2001 sangria red zx3 zetec

FF Reputation: 1 jerryzx3 Good Standing Member
I have raced several si's and beat them and I was only running 16.4 at that time. Last one I saw run was running 16.9. They can't all be bad drivers.
Old 08-02-2004, 06:50 PM   #34
all motor
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10261
What I Drive: 03 zx3 mtx75 d23e

FF Reputation: 1 all motor Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by CivicHatch+SVT-F
perfect example of a completely shitty driver
SI's are not fast, they have absolutely no torque, and it only kicks in at around 5000rpm where it is useless..

nearly every single honda, when you floor it, it SCREAMS, BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, but it doesnt go anywhere, stock civics, even SI's are slow as hell and you cant argue with that.
Old 08-02-2004, 09:28 PM   #35
racerdan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10484
What I Drive: 04 Silver SVT 858 of 1978 Born Ja

FF Reputation: 1 racerdan Good Standing Member
I had a 99 Si and Autoxed the crap out of it...took it to Solo Nats so I'm somewhat of an expert. I also just sold my GT-3 MR-2 and before the Si I had a D prepared 914. Take my word for it, the Civic Si is not a POS...they are rocket little cars.. Because of the way they make hp you have to know how to drive them. I just bought an 04 SVT...I think it's a dynomite car. I like the feel of the SVTF much better than the Si. Although the Si isn't as quick or fast, it feels like it is. Thats because it doesn't have any bottom end and when the vtec comes on at 5700 its a much bigger kick in the pants that the SVT... Inside the Si sounds awsome when the vtec comes on too. I've not had a chance to autox the SVTF yet, I need some tires and wheels. But I think it will do quite well.
Bottom line is, the type of people that will get on a fanatic website are the folks that think everything but theirs is junk...but HONDAS AIN"T

You ain't old enough to have that much to bitch about!!!
Old 08-02-2004, 09:44 PM   #36
Dbelle18
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 8587
What I Drive: 2005 Toyota Corolla LE

FF Reputation: 1 Dbelle18 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
I dont think civics are that bad! A really nice tunned SI can really move, and yeah the have loud egines lol... A good tunned SI can really get a good punch when it hits that hi end and it will take off!
Old 08-02-2004, 10:05 PM   #37
all motor
Focus Enthusiast

once again...

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-02-2004, 10:50 PM   #38
CivicHatch+SVT-F
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 4136
What I Drive: Chris=96 Civic Hatch

FF Reputation: 4 CivicHatch+SVT-F Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by all motor
SI's are not fast, they have absolutely no torque, and it only kicks in at around 5000rpm where it is useless..
I love the torque comment, its great. No torque would mean (since we are talking about the new Si) having the torque of an older Si or d-series motor.
The Si has as much torque as a zetec and 40hp+

Took a trip to ephatch.com and checked out their 1/4 mile thread. It seems that in higher altitudes (and shitty drivers in lower altitudes) the Si runs about low to flat 16's (some mids). And in low altitudes it can run mid to high 15's. Intake brings it down to about low 15's. Sounds about right seeing as how the SVTF can run a best of 15.3 stock and anywhere up to low 16's. Both cars weigh about the same with the EP having 10hp less and 13ft lbs less. Sounds about right to me.

Ek hatch
- JDM b16 (SiRII) swap, Kaaz 1.5 way LSD, Evo2 exhaust, shorty intake, hi-flow cat, B&M 2-bend shifter, gutted, lightweight bucket CF seats, weighs in @ 2250lbs
Old 08-02-2004, 11:33 PM   #39
P0WeRbyDuratec
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2109
What I Drive: 2012 WRX Limited

FF Reputation: 1 P0WeRbyDuratec Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally posted by CivicHatch+SVT-F
I love the torque comment, its great. No torque would mean (since we are talking about the new Si) having the torque of an older Si or d-series motor.
The Si has as much torque as a zetec and 40hp+

Took a trip to ephatch.com and checked out their 1/4 mile thread. It seems that in higher altitudes (and shitty drivers in lower altitudes) the Si runs about low to flat 16's (some mids). And in low altitudes it can run mid to high 15's. Intake brings it down to about low 15's. Sounds about right seeing as how the SVTF can run a best of 15.3 stock and anywhere up to low 16's. Both cars weigh about the same with the EP having 10hp less and 13ft lbs less. Sounds about right to me.
what would we do without Mr Honda? This thread woulda turned into a full fledged civic bash
Old 08-03-2004, 03:38 AM   #40
all motor
Focus Enthusiast

5mph

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Bookmarks & Social Networks