Contour SVT seats in a focus.... possible? - Page 6 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Interior Mods & Upgrades

SVT Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the 2002-204 SVT Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-19-2009, 02:26 AM   #51
mikebontoft
Toxx

Fan#: 58647
What I Drive: 5.9L Grand Cherokee ZJ

FF Reputation: 76 mikebontoft Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
^^ Yeah I'm pretty excited.....honestly first priority is getting the engine in and working

however there's someone on CEG doing AWD to their Contour using X type parts so I'm watching that closely as well.... though the focus and X type are quite similar
SR #127 | '02 Focus SE "Foci" (5.0 RWD - parting) | '90 Mazda 626 GT "Greenie" (2.2L turbo T3/T4 rebuild-sold) | '75 BMW 2002 "Carby" (resto-mod racecar) | '75 BMW 2002 (donor -sold) | '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (lifted and fast) | '99 BMW 328is (alt. daily).
Moderating General Chat Lounge, General Technical Chat, Ford Focus & General Car Chat, and Rocky Mountain Fanatics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2009, 07:38 AM   #52
runfocusrun
Focus Addict

Fan#: 43029
What I Drive: 2002 Infra-red ZX5

FF Reputation: 8 runfocusrun Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
NICE !!
Can you provide a link to that site, I would like to know a bit more about this and follow that as well.
Keep me posted, THNX :)
Old 08-19-2009, 10:58 AM   #53
mikebontoft
Toxx

yeah here's that one:

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showth...ght=track+time
SR #127 | '02 Focus SE "Foci" (5.0 RWD - parting) | '90 Mazda 626 GT "Greenie" (2.2L turbo T3/T4 rebuild-sold) | '75 BMW 2002 "Carby" (resto-mod racecar) | '75 BMW 2002 (donor -sold) | '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (lifted and fast) | '99 BMW 328is (alt. daily).
Moderating General Chat Lounge, General Technical Chat, Ford Focus & General Car Chat, and Rocky Mountain Fanatics
Old 08-19-2009, 09:48 PM   #54
runfocusrun
Focus Addict

That is one heck of a job, I hope he pulls it of so that we all can have a look and admire
Old 08-19-2009, 11:04 PM   #55
mikebontoft
Toxx

true true...... AND.... well today was pretty crazy lol. Only ended up with the rear seats but I'll get the passenger and maybe driver's side next wednesday. Get this though.... the whole rear bench only cost me $22 I think. NOT bad at all, I also met up with another member and we had fun bashing the hell out of the trunk before realizing the contour has a cable trunk release by the driver's seat. OOPS.

but yeah it was very simple to pull out, and I just kinda threw the actual folding seatbacks on top of my current ones cause I didn't have time to take them out. The bottom of the bench will need modifying, AKA transplanting the bottom half of my old bench onto the contour one. seat backs should go in like the focus. OH and the best part......I now have a fold down armrest in the back

so yeah just for now I have a picture of the rear seats, not installed, just sitting kind of in place, in the back of my car. safe to say I'm happy about it though

Old 08-19-2009, 11:15 PM   #56
SPIman2.0
Focus Addict

Fan#: 56873
What I Drive: 00 ZTS, 04 SVT EAP, 03 ZTW

FF Reputation: 54 SPIman2.0 Excellent Standing Member
Mike..... Bro....... I'm a come see you some time later this year and Help you on this...... Once my senior project is out of the way and marching season is over, I'm going to visit my dad for a week over in Sonoma and I'll see what I can do stopping by Utah on the way back.

Either way, I'm moving to Sonoma in Summer '10, so I'll be pretty close... as you already knew. Can't wait to get my hands dirty helping you build this beast of a car....... hahaha...

Plus......... Your going to need my godly welding hands anyways..... HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Sedan Revolution #161
SPI Owners Club #1
RIP 03 Sedan: She will be missed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iminhell View Post
Yup, the Focus is perfect for the emo in everyone ...
Old 08-19-2009, 11:26 PM   #57
runfocusrun
Focus Addict

Mike why do you have to use the Fofo bottom back seat, doesn't the contour one fit at all or can't you modify it ??
Old 08-19-2009, 11:41 PM   #58
mikebontoft
Toxx

LOL Daniel you're right though. At least with the awd.... And yeah see here's the thing, I am modifying it to work, but if you've ever looked you'll notice that our rear seats are bolted on the front with a hinge and the rear snaps snug into place. Well this one I'm note sure but I think someone may have already pulled the Bottom of it off, as it's just bare foam. Anyway the bench latches on the opposite way the focus does, but they have the same shape so it shouldnt be all that hard to do.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:14 PM   #59
mikebontoft
Toxx

Hmm can't believe I forgot to post this here...... behold my "restoration"

Old 08-23-2009, 12:08 AM   #60
runfocusrun
Focus Addict

Hi Mike, sorry for the late reply, those seats look gorgeous, Me wanna LOL.
Congrats on your restoration parts, they really look good.
Have you considered for the lower parts just to reuse the bottomparts of your existing Fofo seat. IMO this should work, after you've adjusted the seats though you sould be able to use the original bottom with the hinges. Just my thoughts.
Let us know how it works out.

Bookmarks & Social Networks