Contour SVT seats in a focus.... possible? - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Interior Mods & Upgrades

SVT Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the 2002-204 SVT Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-17-2009, 10:08 AM   #11
runfocusrun
Focus Addict

Fan#: 43029
What I Drive: 2002 Infra-red ZX5

FF Reputation: 8 runfocusrun Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Are you able to post a pic of them fronts, it has been ages I haven't seen one of those so I don't visualise it. Like I say, where there's a will, there's a way, and I'm sure something can be done to get this working.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2009, 10:29 AM   #12
Phacade
Chronic Curmudgeon

Fan#: 32246
What I Drive: '03 EAP SVTF

FF Reputation: 11 Phacade Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by runfocusrun View Post
Are you able to post a pic of them fronts, it has been ages I haven't seen one of those so I don't visualise it. Like I say, where there's a will, there's a way, and I'm sure something can be done to get this working.
I'll see what I can come up with. He works 3rd shift, so our paths only cross so often.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:57 AM   #13
runfocusrun
Focus Addict

That's OK, not a problem. I'm sure something can be done to help out our buddy here. If one is able to chance out a complete interior and heavily modify it, there is surely a way to make this swap work.
I found out that there's a huge junkyard about 20 miles from where I live so If I get the time I'll def check that out, maybe come up ith some finds.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:08 AM   #14
mikebontoft
Toxx

Fan#: 58647
What I Drive: 5.9L Grand Cherokee ZJ

FF Reputation: 76 mikebontoft Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Ok I'm so mad I didn't even take a picture of them.... They're pretty dirty but that's expected for a junk car that's been sitting there for about a month or two. I found some pictures online but none of the mysterious side consoles. I may even be making them bigger in my mind.... I wasn't paying attention to them all that much.
SR #127 | '02 Focus SE "Foci" (5.0 RWD - parting) | '90 Mazda 626 GT "Greenie" (2.2L turbo T3/T4 rebuild-sold) | '75 BMW 2002 "Carby" (resto-mod racecar) | '75 BMW 2002 (donor -sold) | '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (lifted and fast) | '99 BMW 328is (alt. daily).
Moderating General Chat Lounge, General Technical Chat, Ford Focus & General Car Chat, and Rocky Mountain Fanatics
Old 08-17-2009, 11:46 AM   #15
mikebontoft
Toxx

wow yeah ok.......those side thingies were NOT as big as I thought. oops.

SR #127 | '02 Focus SE "Foci" (5.0 RWD - parting) | '90 Mazda 626 GT "Greenie" (2.2L turbo T3/T4 rebuild-sold) | '75 BMW 2002 "Carby" (resto-mod racecar) | '75 BMW 2002 (donor -sold) | '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (lifted and fast) | '99 BMW 328is (alt. daily).
Moderating General Chat Lounge, General Technical Chat, Ford Focus & General Car Chat, and Rocky Mountain Fanatics
Old 08-17-2009, 04:30 PM   #16
runfocusrun
Focus Addict

COOL, I'm sure these will fit. You will have to find out about the rails but even if it doesn't line up correctly, you will be able to fab up a rack to make them fit. It has been done for race seats so it will work for these, just be confident and take your time, no need to rush.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:33 PM   #17
mikebontoft
Toxx

I hope so...... do you have any clue what the bottom of these seats (well any like in the focus) look like? I never did look, so I'm not sure. Is there some sort of specific area I could just tap into with the other rails? HMM.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:50 PM   #18
runfocusrun
Focus Addict

What I can remember from my old days (LOL) and from waht has been done here, you keep your original rails on the bottom. Then either take the sliding rails from your seats or get some from junkyard, fab up the necessary harness in metal and weld it in there (like under the svt seat) or bold it in with sturdy bolds. If all done right you have now the sliding parts under the seat and those will fit the rails in the bottom.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:58 PM   #19
mikebontoft
Toxx

cool well I don't have a welder (yet) but I do like bolts. I hope by some odd coincidence that the rails will match together. LOL.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:16 PM   #20
runfocusrun
Focus Addict

For some odd reason it might just work out, I dunno. Just be sure that if you use bolts, to tie them really hard, don't wanna see you slide while driving LOL.
Keep us posted when you get them, post a pic since I'm visual mainly, before chopping up things.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->