Great news! I'm still driving!!! - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > South East Fanatics > Fanatics: KY, NC, SC

Fanatics: KY, NC, SC Regional discussion Forum for planning events and sharing information with all Members in the Kentucky, North Carolina and South Carolina areas.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-30-2009, 11:49 AM   #1
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

Fan#: 55157
What I Drive: zx3 turbo, kia soul, 71 chevy c/10

FF Reputation: 35 focusmaniaczx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Great news! I'm still driving!!!

woot woot!!! i just figured i would start a new thread here because im so excited and want to tell every1. my stupid self got a speed competition (street racing) and 80 in a 65 ticket a month ago and my court date was on the 27th. my lawyer said it wasnt going to end very well for me and even with him representing me i was still very likely to loose my license for 30 days at the very least. if this had happened to me 6 months ago it would have been dropped but due to all the idiot kids going out where there is TRAFFIC and racing there, and dying there the judicial system has gotten a little harder on those people who get busted. well i came in and spoke to the judge who told me that this was going on my driving record and wasnt being reduced, i was getting a $500 fine and loosing my license for 6 months. i explained that i understood that it was a very serious offense that i got against me and that i was willing to receive any punishment he saw fit but if i may could i please volunteer for community service to get it reduced. he thought about it for about half an hour and when we came back after lunch he decided that 24 hours of community service, a 4 hour long defensive driving course, and a $50 fine would be enough to get the street racing charge completely dismissed and the speeding ticket reduced to improper equipment! im FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and it only cost me $1300 after all is said and done to get it all dropped.

please learn from my mistakes and never race on the street. keep it on the track!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus
I love this big little city HOOTERS !
Every time you drink a beer somewhere an ugly woman becomes beautiful, so get to it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2009, 08:46 AM   #2
SVTturd2003
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 63645
What I Drive: 2003 Silver ZX5 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 SVTturd2003 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I got a racing ticket in Roanoke, VA when I was living up there. You are very lucky because I ended up getting the maximum $2500 fine plus court cost plus $500 for my lawyer. I got to keep my license only because I accepted spending a weekend at the Roanoke County Jail. So i ended up with a $3099 tab a weekend in jail and a reduced general reckless driving charge. You gotta love the commonwealth of VA. Fortunately I'm back in NC now...
Old 09-02-2009, 11:35 PM   #3
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

i cannot stress enough how lucky i am to have gotten out of this. especially after all the idiot kids who have gotten on the news recently for killing people in street racing accidents. less than a year ago i would have been able to get it dropped by spending maby 500 bucks tops and i wouldnt have to even show up for court. served my first day of community service today and believe it or not i had fun. i went to the soup kitchen to serve breakfast and then up to the police department to wash cars and then back to the soup kitchen again to serve lunch and then back again to the PD to wash a few more. got 10 hours down and out. after i busted my butt on the first couple of cars the guys stopped heckling me so much and actually started shooting the breeze. when you arent getting busted for doing something stupid cops are pretty cool to hang around!
Quote:
Every time you drink a beer somewhere an ugly woman becomes beautiful, so get to it!
Old 09-03-2009, 05:23 PM   #4
BlueFocusSVT04
Focus Addict

Fan#: 53327
What I Drive: 2004, Blue, SVTFSc

FF Reputation: 5 BlueFocusSVT04 Good Standing Member
Yeah makes it easier for them to recognize you and bust you again later! Know your perps people.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:26 PM   #5
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

spent another day at the PD today. i caught so much flack about my temporarily bumperless car. i stayed up there for a little under an hour after i was done scrubbing cars just talking. i popped the hood to show off the mods and shut them up a little when i showed time slips for my fastest pass at mooresville. one of them is hunting a car for his kid and is now heavily considering getting a focus. i thought he was going to have a heart attack when he saw the nitrous bottle until i told him it was empty and disconnected. its too bad the option isnt going to be around anymore after this month to wash interceptors and fire trucks and such to serve community service.
Quote:
Old 09-03-2009, 07:08 PM   #6
SVTflyer03
RB25 = Amazing

Fan#: 62344
What I Drive: 2003 Infra Red SVT ZX5, 1991 240sx

FF Reputation: 5 SVTflyer03 Good Standing Member
^^ I may have to do this to get my ticket reduced. $445 6 points. I need to get out of it and I love to wash cars. I will offer to do that as community service. I'll use my soap too!

SVTf 5-door #892 out of about 2200

Hi
Old 09-03-2009, 07:34 PM   #7
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

i was told they arent going to offer that as community service for much longer so you had better get on the ball! it wouldnt hurt for you to go ahead and do some before your court date. i was told it was because people kept putting armorall on the break and gas pedals and using scotch brite pads on the paint and things like that so they are going to just have the officers wash their own cars. its actually kinda funny. but ill tell ya that i sure dont have the stones to pull off something like that!
Quote:
Old 09-03-2009, 08:15 PM   #8
SVTflyer03
RB25 = Amazing

I wouldn't do that. I actually appreciate cops. I mean without them I'd be dead. Well could be. I would show them how clean I keep my car and then they'd be like, "well okay, it wont hurt. And you're using your own stuff. Thanks buddie" haha

Hi
Old 09-03-2009, 08:27 PM   #9
FEROUSPHIL
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 46071
What I Drive: 2001 BLACK ZX3

FF Reputation: 5 FEROUSPHIL Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
did u win the race ?
Old 09-03-2009, 09:19 PM   #10
SVTflyer03
RB25 = Amazing

HECK Yeah!!! I'll share the story.....

So last wednesday i'm on my way home about 11 pm or so. And im going the route to my house, the route over the dam. And i pass a neighbor hood and a guy pulls out in a tib.

I think nothing of it so I keep driving. Well I come to a red light and slow down, it turns green b4 I stop. So as usual I gun it, up to the speed limit yes. and still not thinking about tht tib, just drive. Well All of the sudden i see lights coming up fast. He flies by me at a good speed.

I downshift and say to myself "time to show him who pwns tibs" BUHAHAHA. *ahem*

I catch up to him and go RIGHT past with no problems. He was trying to catch up, but was just too slooooow for me. HAHA.

Well I had a feeling that there was a cop around the cornoer, and sure enough there was. I saw blue lights, went about 100 - 200 feet past him and pulled into a "safe" location off the road. Well the guy in the tib tries to slow down and get away, the cop jerks his cruiser across 2 lanes and blocks the guy from "escaping" he got us both.

And now i have a big ticket.

Sorry to thread jack Chase, nothing personal. lol

Hi

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->