Track Guys 2009 On Track Events - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Road Racing & Rally

Road Racing & Rally The place to discuss information about road/rally racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-12-2009, 11:54 AM   #1
shlbygt
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 23315
What I Drive: 04 SVT PWSC EAP

FF Reputation: 5 shlbygt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Track Guys 2009 On Track Events

Attention in the Paddock!!

Track Guys 2009 On Track Event Schedule:

March 28-29. Texas World Speedway, College Station, Texas
May 2-3, Summit Point Raceway, Summit Point, West Virginia
May 23-24, Sebring International Raceway, Sebring, Florida
July 18-19, Gingerman Raceway, South Haven, Michigan
July 18-19, Mid America Motorplex, Glenwood, Iowa
August 31-Sept 1, Mosport International Raceway (yes, the BIG track), Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
September 12-13, Hallett Motor Racing Circuit, Hallett, Oklahoma
September 19-20, Bluegrass Motorsport Club, Sparta, Kentucky
October 3-4, Reno-Fernley Raceway, Fernley, Nevada

Registration is now open for the Texas World Speedway and Sebring events... Summit Point will be open soon too...
We will be running TWS in the Clockwise direction this year.

Go here to sign up... http://www.trackguys.motorsportreg.com And if you're interested in running at Sebring, don't delay - that event has sold out the last two years.
Here are a couple of links to some articles about the types of events we put on:

2008 Sebring event: http://www.musclemustangfastfords.co...ent/index.html

2007 Miller Motorsports Park event:http://www.musclemustangfastfords.co...ool/index.html

On behalf of the entire Track Guys Team, we want to thank everyone for your support of the events we've been conducting since 2002 (SVTOA On Track, National Lightning Owners, the Ford 100th Birthday track events and even the 2008 Team Shelby / Carroll Shelby B-day event). The bottom line: we are enthusiasts, sick-o Track Dawgs and believe in providing safe, fun and educational experiences for everyone who attends.

See you on track in 2009!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2009, 10:57 AM   #2
mjschneidy
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 54259
What I Drive: 2004 Red SVT EAP 5dr -- 1 of 29

FF Reputation: 1 mjschneidy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hey guys just a reminder about the July 18-19 track day at Gingerman in South Haven Michigan. This is essentially the old SVTOA event now put on by Trackguys which are the same folks that ran the SVTOA event. A good handful of SVT Foci show up. I'll be there instructing but with my 82 Mustang GT track car.

They still have plenty of open spots!
Old 07-20-2009, 12:14 PM   #3
shlbygt
Focus Enthusiast

One of my instructor friends with a JRSC BBK SVT 5 door told me there were five or six Foci in attendance at GingerMan including one of the guys from the SVT Focus launch team. I believe they only needed a black one for the entire color palette.
The next event is at Mosport on the GP circuit.

Track Guys Redline Rendezvous

Mosport International Raceway—Grand Prix Circuit

Monday August 31 to Tuesday September 1

Come join us for two great days on this historic track. Opened in 1961 and host to past F1 Grand Prix races as well as the American Lemans Series.

Sponsored by, Dixie Ford, Steeda, Nitto Tires, Garmin, Tremec Transmissions, Royal Purple, Chicane23, Blevins Enterprises, SVTOA and Team Shelby

Drivers will receive approximately two hours of track time each day and if you need or want an instructor to hone your skills, one will be provided. This event is open to all makes and models so invite your friends. If this is your first time at a track event, don’t worry, Track Guys will provide you with both classroom instruction and an in car instructor to safely teach you the finer points of driving on track.

New for this year is the Track Guys Test Drive. The Track Guys Test Drive allows a person to get their feet wet on track without the usual full day or weekend commitment to see if this is something they would like to do. The Test Drive is only offered on Saturday and for the $40 registration fee participants can attend all class room meetings, ride on track with a Track Guys instructor and then drive one full session after the lunch break in your car with an instructor coaching you around the track. This is a great opportunity for spouses, friends or family members to see what this is all about. Space is limited.

SVTOA and Team Shelby members receive a special discount for attending Track Guys events. Please contact Dell Hughes at dellcobra@yahoo.com for the discount code or if you have any questions about the event.

As an added bonus sponsors Steeda and Nitto Tire have teamed up to offer two sets of 275-40-17 Nitto NT01 track tires to be raffled during the weekend. All paid participants will be entered in a raffle for a Tremec transmission to be given away at the end of the season.

Go to www.trackguys.motorsportreg.com for more information and to register now. Space is filling up fast so register now.

See You On Track.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:36 PM   #4
mjschneidy
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Ah that must have been Will, he let me test drive his car since I think I need to find a JRSC for mine. Those guys sure did have fun chasing each other! I didn't have my SVT there, but red was well represented. The launch dude is my co-worker / friend Bill and yes he was very much involved in the SVT launch.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:56 PM   #5
shlbygt
Focus Enthusiast

Yep that was Good Dawg. I bought that car last year in OK, drove it to Summit Point, Sebring and Watkins Glen before he took it off my hands. Gingerman was the first full event he has run in the Focus besides a forty minute session at the Glen last August.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:19 AM   #6
mjschneidy
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Ah yes..., he told me that story.

Bookmarks & Social Networks