Built ATX - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > ZETEC Performance (2000-2004)

ZETEC Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-29-2004, 12:53 AM   #1
XxDRIVERxX
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1104
What I Drive: '04 SRT-4, '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

FF Reputation: 1 XxDRIVERxX Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Built ATX

Alright I DID a search, could not find any good info on my questions, so Im making a post!
And to all the "why did u just buy a manual?" Well The car was a gift, for my birthday and I wasent about to complain the day I got it.

I need to know what the tranny needs done, for a mild Turbo(precision possibly?) or a small shot of nitrous 50-75. I have a budget of UNDER 2grand, and dont really even want to spend more then 1500.

Ive heard I can get away with just a TC, and vavle body, but other say I need a full built tranny, while others say just an overhaul kit. So I really have no Idea what this will cost, or what I even need.
If you could help me decide what is needed, with links or atleast names and prices that would be great!

I will mostlikly start this around october, and make it a winter project I guess.
Also, Please give me a rough estimate for install costs, I can take the tranny out, and put it back in myself, but Im scared to crack it open and start playing around with things, lol

Thanks, Shawn

Edit: oh yea, SCT chip is already planned for.

Last edited by XxDRIVERxX; 07-29-2004 at 01:01 AM.
Old 07-29-2004, 01:47 AM   #2
AuthentiCustomz
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 7547
What I Drive: 03 Zx3--Matrix Edition

FF Reputation: 1 AuthentiCustomz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I am in the same boat u r...i also have had this question....i mean i think the trans cooler, tq converter and overhaul kit from lentech would be sufficient....but i am not positive.....since every1 says the weak points of the ATX's are the TQ converter, the clutches, and the cooling.....i think the 3 things ive listed from lentech would be sufficient, no?
Old 07-29-2004, 02:09 AM   #3
Focus_sucoF
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2502
What I Drive: black zx5

FF Reputation: 1 Focus_sucoF Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
ive spent alot of time looking around my self...right now im runnin a 75shot with autotragic works fine....dont know how long that will last but it works...the main thing u want is to upgrade tc to help put the power to the wheels better overhual kit to get better clutches and cooling to help it last longer....with that u should be doing decent...i priced it out on lentech it was like 1600$ for everything u could need
Old 07-29-2004, 06:25 AM   #4
Sublime

Fan#: 192
What I Drive: 02 Focus ZTS, 02 Escape V6, 80 Turbo T/A

FF Reputation: 1 Sublime Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Bare minimum, for longevity of the ATX, you are going to need a higher stall torque converter, to get the power to the ground. Reworked Valve bodies, better external trans cooler, and some nice syn fluid like Royal Purple or Redline. This should keep you safe with a mild turbo or smal shot of nitrous.

Bookmarks & Social Networks